*All-District 21-3A Football Team*

All-District 21-3A Football Team

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

Here is the All-District 21-3A Football Team as selected by the District 21-3A coaches:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Pierce Rhodes, Kirbyville

OFFENSIVE MVP: DePauldrick Garrett, WO-S

DEFENSIVE MVP: Corey Bell, WO-S

OFFENSIVE NEWCOMERS OF THE YEAR: Dominique Bailey, Jasper; Jeremy Johnson, Silsbee

DEFENSIVE NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR: Stephen Cook, WO-S

COACH OF THE YEAR: Dan Hooks, WO-S

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterbacks: Ortavious Hypolite, WO-S; Aaron Hazelwood, Kirbyville

Running backs: Quintavious Garrett, WO-S; Brodrick Jackson, Kirbyville; Chris Castle, Silsbee

Wide receivers: Ronnie Dennis, WO-S; Malcom Bronson, Jasper; Randy Musgrove, Kirbyville; Donovan Harris, Silsbee

Tight end: Zach McMahon, Hamshire-Fannett

Center: Brandon Allensworth, WO-S

Offensive line: Tim Matherne, WO-S; Ryan Jones, Kirbyville; Chris Samuel, Kirbyville; Daniel Paulus, Silsbee; Cliff Mitchell, Jasper

Kicker: Derrick Evans, Orangefield

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE

Noseguard: Carlos Carter, Jasper

Defensive line: Trey Horn, Jasper; Jacorey Roberts, WO-S; Josh Skinner, Silsbee; Drey Jackson, Kirbyville

Inside linebackers: Donte Rollins, Jasper; Robert Jiles, WO-S; Dustin East, Hamshire-Fannett

Outside linebackers: Josh Lynch, WO-S; Chris Bell, Hamshire-Fannett

Defensive backs: Broderick Jackson, Kirbyville; Brandon Watts, Silsbee; Hagen Daigle, Hamshire-Fannett; William Brooks, Jasper; Seth Thomas, WO-S; Ronnie Dennis, WO-S

Punter: Beau Hansen, Hardin-Jefferson

SECOND TEAM OFFENSE

Quarterback: Jared Helton, Orangefield

Running backs: Joe Robertson, Bridge City; Hagan Daigle, Hamshire-Fannett; Jeremy Granger, Orangefield

Wide receivers: Devin Green, Orangefield; Cameron Burrell, Hamshire-Fannett; Luke Rhodes, Bridge City; Kwame Spikes, Jasper

Tight ends: Beau Hanson, Hardin-Jefferson; Luke Gunstream, Orangefield

Centers: Blake Moss, Silsbee; Trey Horn, Jasper

Offensive line: Frank McMickle, Kirbyville; Mike Crowell, Jasper; Kimpton Lewis, Jasper; Eric Arnold, WO-S; Ben Dixon, Orangefield; Derrick Moss, Hmashire-Fannett

Kickers: Blake Tyner, Hamshire-Fannett; James Haynes, WO-S

SECOND TEAM DEFENSE

Noseguard: Carltives Zetar, WO-S

Defensive line: Derrick Pope, Hamshire-Fannett; Patrick Carlton, Bridge City; Jeremy Granger, Orangefield; Cody Cormier, Hardin-Jefferson; Jake Koehl, Hamshire-Fannett

Inside linebackers: Tyler Thomas, Hardin-Jefferson; Jacob Felts, Orangefield; Alton Bronson, Jasper

Outside linebackers: Reggie Boykin, Hamshire-Fannett; Desmond Everett, Kirbyville; Xavier Mayes, Jasper

Defensive backs: Caleb Worthy, Orangefield; Ryan Bronson, Jasper; Joey Alfred, Kirbyville; Josh James, Silsbee; Cameron Burrell, Hamshire-Fannett

Punter: Derrick Day, Jasper

As big as HF's OL was, having no one on the 1st team has to tell you something.They should have dominated. This was supposed to be their strong point.

They had good size however I beleive two of them had no varsity experience, I think they were overated due to their size. That is one of the areas HF will be hurting at next year along with the QB position. We are losing

the majority of our "O" Line as well as our QB. We will get back most of our skill players and most of our defense.

All in All I think we will have a good team next year. Who knows we might even have a shot at the playoffs.

Guest bleed orange

Is it just me are do the picks seem to get watered down more and more each year. I am not saying some of these kids did not deserve something. It just seems like there is more kids than positions. Example: on defense there is six defensive backs. I only remember seeing 4 on the field most of the time. Times have changed I guess.

Is it just me are do the picks seem to get watered down more and more each year. I am not saying some of these kids did not deserve something. It just seems like there is more kids than positions. Example: on defense there is six defensive backs. I only remember seeing 4 on the field most of the time. Times have changed I guess.

Different styles of offenses and defienses, Like Kirbyville normally only has 2 recievers on the field at one time where Jasper and WO-S may have 4 or 5 on the field at a time. And on Defense when you play Jasper or WO-S or anyone who runs the spread offense the defense may have 5 or 6 defensive backs. So you would have to take that in to account when making all district picks.

Guest bleed orange

Different styles of offenses and defienses, Like Kirbyville normally only has 2 recievers on the field at one time where Jasper and WO-S may have 4 or 5 on the field at a time. And on Defense when you play Jasper or WO-S or anyone who runs the spread offense the defense may have 5 or 6 defensive backs. So you would have to take that in to account when making all district picks.

You are wrong. First team means one player for each position. They had  two quaterbacks on the first team and three running backs. Is everyone running the wishbone? I don't think so. In one district there was eight first team lineman. The last time I counted there is only five lineman. So what you are saying is if you play one postion for 1/4 of the game then that qualifies you for all district. Give every kid a ribbon thats the concept nowdays.  There is only twenty two kids on the field at one time. So give eleven awards on offense and the same on defense. If you look at the stats, it would be easy to figure out. Apparently coaches don't do that anymore. Look guys, I don't have a dog in this hunt. These all district picks are getting ridiculous in all sports. Again, times have changed. ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami