Kountze 96 Buna 39/FINAL

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Kountze 96 Buna 39/FINAL
4 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Lol that’s true money well spent 😂😂

Pretty hard to believe that would be the free throw count as aggressively as yall play in the press the whole game. Not a good look especially in a 9 point game. The no calls were as bogus as it seems, the free throw count just proves that.

1 hour ago, Cu Chulainn said:

Pretty hard to believe that would be the free throw count as aggressively as yall play in the press the whole game. Not a good look especially in a 9 point game. The no calls were as bogus as it seems, the free throw count just proves that.

Yeah must’ve been some good solid clean defense I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

Kountze got several free throws the last minute of the game with Orangefield fouling to stop the clock. The referees played no part of either game.

The foul count in the Kountze/OF was 14 to 10, with 3-4 of those being intentional in the last minute to stop the clock. 

4 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

I thought it was the role players/bench underperforming that cost yall the game?  Or is it the refs' fault now?  Maybe if the Bobcat guards would attack the paint instead of jacking excessive amounts of long jumpers and slinging the ball to the other team, they would get to the free throw line more.  In sports, there are no excuses.  Only results.

11 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

I thought it was the role players/bench underperforming that cost yall the game?  Or is it the refs' fault now?  Maybe if the Bobcat guards would attack the paint instead of jacking excessive amounts of long jumpers and slinging the ball to the other team, they would get to the free throw line more.  In sports, there are no excuses.  Only results.

Didnt say it was only the refs, but getting 16 less free throw attempts (OF-8 / Kountze -24) than the opposing team in a 9 point contest is glaringly obvious. There are multiple factors that attributed to the outcome of the game. Our big 2 did their job including getting into the paint and making plays (Stats show that). They did need more help from their supporting cast, but that is why it is a game and it gets played. All of the kids get another shot at it on Feb 9th, should be another good one.

1 hour ago, Bobcat1 said:

Back to the Buna/Kountze game!! 

Agreed!    And any team can quote about who shot more free throws in every game .  Or who fouls and it’s not called .  I believe every single team has had this issue.   I know Kountze has as long as I have been around .  A lot of times they call fouls on the more aggressive defensive teams.  But not against the other team as well .  Most teams have someone that has that opinion .   It was a great game and the next one will be as well.