Lumberton/ Waller field--Deer Park/SETXSPORTS.COM WILL BROADCAST GAME

oldcoach

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The field is PLENTY big enough. I have made several games there,,, I went to the LaMarque side to get my hot chocolate and looking back at L Town there were a couple thousand seats left at Baytown. Dont get me wrong, the crowd was impressive but there was a lot more room than you think. DP will be packed, but it will fit you and its a nice stadium.

Thats all i'm asking is to just hold MOST of us!!!

Both the home side and the visitor side at Deer Park holds 5,000. Each side has it's own press box which will be a good thing for us. We will be able to broadcast from the Lumberton side, which is a good thing. We will definetly have more room up there than we did last week.

Stallworth home side seats 8,500. I believe that there was only about 1,000 seats at the most left open last friday. By my calculations, that will leave some 2,500 to 3,000 Lumberton fans standing this Friday night.

Like I said, get there early.

Also, someone will need to get with Deer Park ISD to check on the tailgateing access and how early they will allow it. Remember, this will be a school day for them, there maybe some restraints.

Looking at the picture it seems that the stands aren't that much smaller than Stallworths stands...they stretch goalline to goal line fromwhat it seems and are I'd say 3/4 of the way up as BS so we can squeeze a good bit in there I bet....We will be fine....if we rap around the sides of teh stadiums our shakers will be that much louder during the opposing teams plays....I think it will work...just plan now if you can stand or if you just have to sit because I bet their will be plenty of fans who can't get there early that must sit for many reasons....just plan to stand if you can....that rhymes...it should be a slogan....ok no it doesn't fit....I'll volunteer to give my seat up....I don't remember sitting at any lumberton games I have been to this year so whats different

Both the home side and the visitor side at Deer Park holds 5,000. Each side has it's own press box which will be a good thing for us. We will be able to broadcast from the Lumberton side, which is a good thing. We will definetly have more room up there than we did last week.

Stallworth home side seats 8,500. I believe that there was only about 1,000 seats at the most left open last friday. By my calculations, that will leave some 2,500 to 3,000 Lumberton fans standing this Friday night.

Like I said, get there early.

Also, someone will need to get with Deer Park ISD to check on the tailgateing access and how early they will allow it. Remember, this will be a school day for them, there maybe some restraints.

I'm cool with sitting on thier side if i'm one of the 3,000 left standing!

Guest BIG HOUSE

Just talked with coach B and he said we were the visitors but were getting to sit on the HOME SIDE OF THE FIELD......thats a tad better...still better get there early.............

I have been to that stadium a couple of times. I am almost sure both sides are equal when it comes to seating. Deer Park built it knowing they would be playing the Pasadenas and La Porte, etc, and knew they'd have as many at the game as Deer Park would. Less than 10 miles is not much of a travel to diminish a crowd traveling.

Instead of complaining about the seating, Lumberton should be very very thankful they don't have to travel through Houston on a Friday evening down the Katy (parking lot) freeway.

If the game were at Tully or Katy, it would probably take about 90 minutes of driving time to get from the west loop to HWY 6.

Now they are looking at 90 minutes of driving to get to Deer Park.

The stadium should hold "almost" everyone.

It is a very nice stadium and will be a fine venue for the Raider fans to watch their team WIN AGAIN!!!

Don't get too cocky here, but Lumberton's front seven should shut down the Waller running game.

If the offense doesn't have too many miscues, the Raiders should be playing in the quarter finals against ____________  ;)

Raid07, Deer Park's stadium is plenty big, it will accomodate all ya'lls fans, and it is a really nice stadium.  Ya'll can go 10 to 146S, go over bridge and go West on 225, exit Center street and go South...stay on Center to San Augustine, go right and the stadium is 1/4 mile on left.

Bobcat, hop on board there's still a little room left.  :D

What are you talking about Coop? I've been on!  :D I've been to both of their playoff games. These guys have ice in their veins for sure. I guess nobody told them this is their first playoff appearance EVER and.....they did just beat the defending state champs.

Hey Coop you can afford to miss 1 WOS game! Come on over to Deer Park Friday night!  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder