Leander Rouse (14) vs Port Neches-Groves (51) - FINAL

jdawg03

Was at the game. Rouse came out chunking it. Coach McDaniel made an adjustment late in the first and slowed them down after half he adjusted and completely shut them out. The man is a defensive guru. The show tonight was complete domination. Blair has become a freight train. He is big and has the same second gear as Trahan did. He is now running with a purpose. What a great compliment to Nguyen. Bailey hit all the throws he needed to when it was asked of him aside from one overthrow he threw dimes. The team is headed for a clash of good teams next week. PNG is really peaking at the right time. They are healthy and playing mistake free football. 

On 11/17/2023 at 11:52 PM, CS. said:

That Leander band won 2nd in the state marching contest and came out with two songs.  Confusing.

I agree. They played all night, but did very little on the field at HT.  Not saying they aren't good; they are, and their drill team. Respectful, too. They stayed in tight formation behind the end zone until the home team band was finished. (Brenham drill team did the same last week, btw, but not their band.) 

WRT the game, 4th qtr, the screen pass razzle dazzle play that scored Rouse's 2nd TD, I was waiting for a flag for illegal formation. No way they had 7 guys on the LoS, I thought.  So, I watched the replay today, and it was close, but looked legit enough for the refs to give it to them. No matter, with a 51-7 score at that point in the game. But I know I saw PNG try to do something similar a few times last season and get flagged.