McNeese @ Lamar 3PM 11/18

This is a portion of a post I placed in the Southland Conference Football thread in the College Sports Forum.

LU will host McNesse for the final game of the season next Saturday. A win and the Birds finish no worse than 3rd in conference.  Could end up tied with UIW for 2nd if UIW loses.  

Lamar win would give them a 6-5 record with 1 loss to an FBS program, 1 loss to the SLC champions, and the other 3 to ranked FCS opponents. Going into this past weekend, those 3 teams were ranked #4, #6, and #10. Most, I assume, would consider this a good start for the team, the new coach, and his staff.  Some might say much better than just good. 

On 11/12/2023 at 4:34 PM, myrecordwashorrible said:

This is a portion of a post I placed in the Southland Conference Football thread in the College Sports Forum.

LU will host McNesse for the final game of the season next Saturday. A win and the Birds finish no worse than 3rd in conference.  Could end up tied with UIW for 2nd if UIW loses.  

Lamar win would give them a 6-5 record with 1 loss to an FBS program, 1 loss to the SLC champions, and the other 3 to ranked FCS opponents. Going into this past weekend, those 3 teams were ranked #4, #6, and #10. Most, I assume, would consider this a good start for the team, the new coach, and his staff.  Some might say much better than just good. 

Well Lamar taking care of business so far 28-7 with less than 1 minute left in first half.