BH Vs Richland

BHFAN

BH Vs. Richland   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins ?

• BH
    • Richland

9-2 BH will take on an 11-0 Richland Royal squad in Hutto Friday @ 7 PM. Like BH they were the only team in their district to survive the 1st round , so neither had tough districts.  Both teams had signature wins during the season at the time knocking off 2 top 5 teams, which both of those teams ended up losing in the 1st round. Both teams sport a balanced offense and statistics, so a lot of similarities. I think BH has the advantage at QB, coaching and playoff experience. Watching some film this morning makes be believe they are not as physical as BH either. Whatever the case from here forward there are no bad teams and BH will have to limit the turnovers and penalties to advance. Should be a good one and the weather looks good too, I got BH by 14.

Wouldn't read toouch into the district only having one winner. Those Frisco teams are tough.

I looked at their Hudl and Richland has a stable of receivers and running backs. Not sold on their quarterback. He needs to really load up to get the ball down the field. I think BH can get some picks this week. Going to be a tough game though.

6 hours ago, panamamyers said:

Wouldn't read toouch into the district only having one winner. Those Frisco teams are tough.

I looked at their Hudl and Richland has a stable of receivers and running backs. Not sold on their quarterback. He needs to really load up to get the ball down the field. I think BH can get some picks this week. Going to be a tough game though.

The only thing they got is wide receiver #4 who’s dangerous on punt returns.  RB #1 doesn’t hit the hole hard but if he gets in space will make you pay.  BH has the better QB, RB, WR’s and defense.  This one will not be as close as you think.  BH by 14…..maybe more.

7 hours ago, BH04 said:

The only thing they got is wide receiver #4 who’s dangerous on punt returns.  RB #1 doesn’t hit the hole hard but if he gets in space will make you pay.  BH has the better QB, RB, WR’s and defense.  This one will not be as close as you think.  BH by 14…..maybe more.

Numbers 1,2,3 and 4 all look pretty dangerous to me..they are all underclassmen as well which is interesting.

15 hours ago, panamamyers said:

Funny you say that about the QB. He looks like a middle school QB loading up for the bomb😂 strange thing is he throws like that almost anytime over 20 yards and they are good throws, but it just looks weird. 

13 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

After leaving the game at halftime, I went home to watch second half to get dry and comfortable. I heard a very impressive stat by the announcers. They said QB Fuentes has thrown 37 TD’s and only 3 int! Pretty impressive.

Fuentes has been a pleasure to watch. I remember thinking how hard it was going to be to replace Holdren at QB, but Fuentes filled those shoes plus some. 

8 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

#1 isnt a bad back, when he needs to flip the switch he can as evidenced by his perfomance against Timberview when he had to get tough yards...Richland has IMO the top interior OL prospect in the state in Daniel Cruz who is committed to TX...they'll use him in key moments at DT as well...

Stepp…. What is your opinion of Barbers Hill?

1 hour ago, oldman said:

Stepp…. What is your opinion of Barbers Hill?

I've only seen one game online and I was impressed...very dynamic offense....I think the defense and lack of team speed on that side is a concern and Richland is good enough to expose it...I kinda think it'll be a high-scoring game with a slight lean to Richland just because of how DFW vs Houston the past few years mostly goes (I usually do the same thing when an Austin team plays a San Antonio team lol)....but its hard to get a read on this game because of lack of common opponents/history etc

3 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

I've only seen one game online and I was impressed...very dynamic offense....I think the defense and lack of team speed on that side is a concern and Richland is good enough to expose it...I kinda think it'll be a high-scoring game with a slight lean to Richland just because of how DFW vs Houston the past few years mostly goes (I usually do the same thing when an Austin team plays a San Antonio team lol)....but its hard to get a read on this game because of lack of common opponents/history etc

The way I see it, BH dropped more points on McKinney than Longview and Forney.  WITH a fumble on the 3yd line and a pick.  We also held them to 14 (I ain’t counting the last minute TD with 2nd string in).  Now I don’t think ANYBODY  would pick Richland over either one of those teams.  BH can play with anybody in 5AD1 when they play their game.  NOW, what team will show up?  The Porter team or the PAM team?

9 hours ago, BH04 said:

The way I see it, BH dropped more points on McKinney than Longview and Forney.  WITH a fumble on the 3yd line and a pick.  We also held them to 14 (I ain’t counting the last minute TD with 2nd string in).  Now I don’t think ANYBODY  would pick Richland over either one of those teams.  BH can play with anybody in 5AD1 when they play their game.  NOW, what team will show up?  The Porter team or the PAM team?

You are using flawed theory in your comment above. I would encourage you to go and look at the box scores of the games. I can speak on the Longview game because I was there, Longview dominated the game with 400 yards in offense. It was 36- 7 in the 4Q with the back ups in. Not to mention the game was in McKinney.but if it makes you feel better.

Now, I think BH will be competitive with Richland and it should be a good game. 

9 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

You are using flawed theory in your comment above. I would encourage you to go and look at the box scores of the games. I can speak on the Longview game because I was there, Longview dominated the game with 400 yards in offense. It was 36- 7 in the 4Q with the back ups in. Not to mention the game was in McKinney.but if it makes you feel better.

Not real sure what your point is.  BH had 440yds of offense with backups in the 4th quarter.  After scoring 40 unanswered points.  If anything, you’re proving my point.

2 hours ago, jbabi86 said:

I am with you on this one. Longview kneeled out the clock inside their 10 yard line and could have scored more but didn't.

When it comes to scoring, it is about offensive types and matchups. Look at Porter and the two outcomes...different teams and different match ups.

For this game, I do think it is going to be a good one. I think as long as BH doesn't come out flat, they should have a solid shot at winning.

3 hours ago, BH04 said:

Not real sure what your point is.  BH had 440yds of offense with backups in the 4th quarter.  After scoring 40 unanswered points.  If anything, you’re proving my point.

This… the point Longview fans isn’t that we’re better than Longview, the point was no one would pick Richland over Longview or Forney and BH through the one common team shows we can compete. 

I also read that in Richlands first playoff game the opposing team lost their QB in the 1st quarter, so their win not impressive. This is definitely not a gimme game, but if BH plays to their ability and cuts out the turnovers and PF penalties they should win. 

12 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

This… the point Longview fans isn’t that we’re better than Longview, the point was no one would pick Richland over Longview or Forney and BH through the one common team shows we can compete. 

I also read that in Richlands first playoff game the opposing team lost their QB in the 1st quarter, so their win not impressive. This is definitely not a gimme game, but if BH plays to their ability and cuts out the turnovers and PF penalties they should win. 

I wouldn't take it that way from YOU. Again, I think someone made the point earlier, it comes down to which BH team shows up. I also don't think Richland is a pushover but we will see. This is matchup has me intrigued....same with Longview and Reedy...going to be a good weekend of football in Region 2. 

Good luck to you guys. Would love to see both of us get to round 4. 

4 hours ago, BH04 said:

Just that you cannot take final scores and make a determination as you did. Yes BH can be competitive and even win the game but not because the scores from other teams playing a common opponent that each team has defeated. 

Heck. Longview was up 49-0 at the half against Porter, a team you lost too just a week earlier.