NCAA Basketball 23-24

15 hours ago, bullets13 said:

UT is 1-3 in conference, and not particularly good this year.  As I expected. Would love to have kept Beard.  Not surprisingly, Ole Miss is currently 15-2 on the season with Beard at the helm, after going 12-21 last season.

Rodney should send him 10 percent of his paycheck right after tithing.  A lot easier to Coach when you are handed a final four-caliber team someone else put together.  UT didn’t have much choice giving him a deal but they gave him more money and more years than I thought was necessary.  Still not a ridiculous deal and certainly can afford to buy him out after next season (which may be likely if he doesn’t figure it out).  When you have someone who has coached for many years, their record will tell you who they are.  Then again, I’ve seen some colleges hire guys who have barely ever had a winning season.  Rodney is a nice guy but may be over his head. 

21 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Will Wade is a damn good coach and paying kids is legal now.  Someone is going to scoop him up 

Yes he is.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the Tigers wanted him back (although they have been better of late).  Watching McNeese the other night, they may stumble somewhere in conference (because, well basketball) but it won’t be easy.  Tough to beat a team that has the best roster and is the best coached.  

Just now, bullets13 said:

Horns with a big time win over Baylor at the buzzer on a circus shot by Tyrese Hunter!  They needed that one on the resume, but even more so needed to avoid going 1-4 in Big 12 play 

Just glad the HC wont be crying about Horns Down. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Just glad the HC wont be crying about Horns Down. 

So embarrassing. And I’m sure the students behind the UCF bench weren’t saying God knows what about their mothers, families, etc. And why anyone would be triggered by a horns down is beyond me anyway.  Who cares?  They are demonstrating why you have the coolest hand gesture in sports.  Most iconic anyway. 

Just now, TxHoops said:

So embarrassing. And I’m sure the students behind the UCF bench weren’t saying God knows what about their mothers, families, etc. And why anyone would be triggered by a horns down is beyond me anyway.  Who cares?  They are demonstrating why you have the coolest hand gesture in sports.  Most iconic anyway. 

He was more concerned about the Horns Down than the horrible loss, that's the thing that made me laugh. Glad for his sake they won today or it would've been one hell of a weekend for all the wrong reasons. 

On 1/22/2024 at 8:11 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Holy cow!!!! McNeese with an unbelievable dub! Straight miracle! Texas A&M Corpus Christi gotta be sick. McNeese wins it on a rebound and put back at the buzzer. 62–61. Islanders blew an 18 point second half lead. 

That dude should be playing power 5.  If he was 6-9 or 6-10 he would be set for life in the league.