Woodville (34) @ Palestine Westwood (31) - FINAL

jdawg03

7 hours ago, Eagles95 said:

Happened while shaking hands. Don't know how or why, but even WW parents on field instigating. Was chaos and embarrassing,  hate to say but completely out of control as far as discipline.  Should have just celebrated on sideline.

It is sad but even more sadder for 2 reasons. First parents getting involved is totally uncalled for & not classy at all. As adults we should be the voice of reason. Also an example of being a picture of the matra “Let cool heads prevail.” Second, these brawls, melees, fights are becoming way to common especially in schools size like Coldspring -Oakhurst, Woodville. This hits home bc now even Rural America is being invaded with violence. 
Prayers that no one was seriously injured 

I left “The Battle of San Jacinto” last Friday around halftime. I was not feeling 100 % plus I felt in my football 🏈 spirit that my Trojans would lose bc no 2nd half adjustments where ever made. Another posT!! 
I was asleep & awakened by text from friends & family. The text stated “Coldspring & Shepherd players got into a fight. Smh i have never know these 2 schools to get into a fight. Over a trophy or a hat. 
smh idk but hope it stops soon. Or else I will watch from 59N podcast

1 minute ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

Can somebody give me a little info on Westwood? I see they have had a good year record wise, I'm hopeful we can beat them and play for a little while. 

Game could go either way. Westwood will have the best athlete on the field at QB. EC is more experienced at “winning”.

34 minutes ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

Can somebody give me a little info on Westwood? I see they have had a good year record wise, I'm hopeful we can beat them and play for a little while. 

Containment and pressure on their QB will be key to keeping them out of the end zone. A disciplined defensive line that can keep up with their fast tempo offensive is important as well. They have a pretty good RB and receiver so keeping them in check will bode well for EC. I’m not familiar with EC’s offense but it’s safe to say that you all should be able to score 2-3 touchdowns (max).