Progressive 'Squad' member mocked after 'thirst strike' lasts just 8 hours: 'What a hero'

LumRaiderFan

This is the hidden content, please

🤣🤣🤣

From the article:

Progressive Congressman Greg Casar, a new member of the "The Squad," faced mockery on social media after pledging to go on a "thirst strike" in solidarity with federal workers that ended up lasting only eight hours.

"Just took my last drink of water before my thirst strike with the one and only, Dolores Huerta. #WorkersCanWait," Casar, D-Texas, whose district represents parts of Austin and San Antonio, Texas, posted on Tuesday morning. He pledged to abstain from liquids as he called for a federal heat rule to protect workers as they faced high temperatures across the country.

"Today I’m on a thirst strike on the steps of the U.S. Capitol – not drinking water or taking breaks, through rain or shine, in solidarity with our nation’s workers," Casar wrote in another post. "Currently there are NO federal protections for workers exposed to heat."

Casar's thirst strike ended eight hours later, prompting criticism from conservatives on Twitter.

Congressman Greg Casar went on an eight-hour thirst strike on Tuesday. (Rep. Greg Casar)

"Congrats on… existing between early lunch and late dinner," CNN commentator Scott Jennings tweeted.

"eight whole hours what a hero," Washington Free Beacon reporter Andrew Kerr tweeted.

"Libs get participation trophies for literally skipping breakfast," The Spectator reporter Matthew Foldi tweeted.