Who from 22-4A will win next week?

bullets13

Our boys from 22-4A made easy work of crosby, smiley, and galena park... how many teams will be left from 22-4A after the next round?  Here are the matchups...

PNG vs. Lamar Consolidated (defeated Dickinson 39-14)

Dayton vs. Texas City (defeated Bay City 28-16)

Lumberton vs. La Marque/El Campo

So who moves on?

I kinda think dayton will advance as well.  PNG has a shot, but they're going to probably have to play their best defense all year.  I'm pulling for lumberton, but i have a feeling lumberton is going to get la marque, and that's gonna be all she wrote.  This is not disrespect, i wouldn't pick anyone to beat them from 22-4A at this point (although the way dayton is playing right now, they'd have a shot at making it interesting).  Good luck guys, i hope everyone can advance!

I would say Dayton almost for sure. The fact that Texas City is very one dimensional does not bode well for them. Unless Dayton lets the hype get to them, they should win this one convincingly.

PNG is going to have their hands full. This will be the most balanced attack they have seen all year with a bigtime running back carrying the football. From what I see I say PNG could go down this week. They wont be able to take 1/2 a game to get the playcalling right, they are going to have to outscore LC from the get go or its going to be a long night.

Well, Lumberton now is your chance to get REAL respect. The dreaded LaMarque Cougars are not their normal unstoppable selves so if you ever wanted a year to play them in the playoffs, this is it,,, if they win which they should against El Campo. But just because they are down a little does not mean they are still not very good,,, but they are very very beatable. They are probably not any tougher than PNG although they are a little more balanced.  It looks like they run by committee and have yet another Kerlegan at QB, that family must have about 15 kids. LaMarque plays sandlot football offense and have always relied on defenses to lose contain so they can run all over the field ducking and dodging until something opens up and use that to open up the pass so they can pickup a few cheap completions to keep everyone honest. I am sure that the LaMarque faithful are going to say that there is nothing different that they are still the be all end all of football and that whatever stadium you are playing in is their home away from home.  Dont let the intimidation get to you, just go out there and play just like you have been and there is no reason you cannot come out of this game with a win. If you do not let all the pomp and hype get to you, like most teams that lose to them do,,,, you should be able to whip these guys this year.

I would say Dayton almost for sure. The fact that Texas City is very one dimensional does not bode well for them. Unless Dayton lets the hype get to them, they should win this one convincingly.

PNG is going to have their hands full. This will be the most balanced attack they have seen all year with a bigtime running back carrying the football. From what I see I say PNG could go down this week. They wont be able to take 1/2 a game to get the playcalling right, they are going to have to outscore LC from the get go or its going to be a long night.

Well, Lumberton now is your chance to get REAL respect. The dreaded LaMarque Cougars are not their normal unstoppable selves so if you ever wanted a year to play them in the playoffs, this is it,,, if they win which they should against El Campo. But just because they are down a little does not mean they are still not very good,,, but they are very very beatable. They are probably not any tougher than PNG although they are a little more balanced.  It looks like they run by committee and have yet another Kerlegan at QB, that family must have about 15 kids. LaMarque plays sandlot football offense and have always relied on defenses to lose contain so they can run all over the field ducking and dodging until something opens up and use that to open up the pass so they can pickup a few cheap completions to keep everyone honest. I am sure that the LaMarque faithful are going to say that there is nothing different that they are still the be all end all of football and that whatever stadium you are playing in is their home away from home.  Dont let the intimidation get to you, just go out there and play just like you have been and there is no reason you cannot come out of this game with a win. If you do not let all the pomp and hype get to you, like most teams that lose to them do,,,, you should be able to whip these guys this year.

in other words, don't let them make you play their game. "focus" then you will be all right. go get em raiders

Good analysis Mike.  I agree wholeheartedly.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin