TOP 15 MOST CELEBRATED TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL PLAYERS ALL TIME

KF89

• KF89 changed the title to TOP 15 MOST CELEBRATED TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL PLAYERS ALL TIME
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 1:30 PM, Hupernikomen said:

If we are talking just high school, Jasper's Girdley was drafted 6th overall and Shepherd's Kolek was drafted 2nd overall.  May not have made that list, but noteworthy.  Of course draft is more about potential than anything else I suppose.  

Yeah. Josh didn't do a lot after that. We do have Cayne Ueckert with the Cubs. He almost made their bullpen after a great spring last year, but then he struggled with injuries and control at AAA Iowa. This is a huge year for him.

Max Alvis played for Cleveland in the 60's and has more big league service time than anyone out of Jasper. Hopefully, either Cayne or someone else can get there soon. 

On 2/18/2023 at 10:24 PM, Bulldogs92 said:

Yeah. Josh didn't do a lot after that. We do have Cayne Ueckert with the Cubs. He almost made their bullpen after a great spring last year, but then he struggled with injuries and control at AAA Iowa. This is a huge year for him.

Max Alvis played for Cleveland in the 60's and has more big league service time than anyone out of Jasper. Hopefully, either Cayne or someone else can get there soon. 

Phil Hennigan, class of 1964, joined Max Alvis at Cleveland. Pitched five years for Cleveland in relief. But his main claim to fame was he beat a tall skinny, hard throwing kid from Alvin 1-0 back in 1963 I think it was. Anyone know the skinny kids name?

10 hours ago, j_dog said:

Phil Hennigan, class of 1964, joined Max Alvis at Cleveland. Pitched five years for Cleveland in relief. But his main claim to fame was he beat a tall skinny, hard throwing kid from Alvin 1-0 back in 1963 I think it was. Anyone know the skinny kids name?

Goes by the name Nolan...

14 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

We beat Girdley in the playoffs my senior year.  He threw a complete game on 199 pitches.  I think we won 5-4.  Maybe that’s why he had arm issues….

Yeah. I'm pretty sure he had a 25K (or more??) night against somebody. I'm sure he threw a ton of pitches that night and on a regular basis. I'm all for letting kids throw a decent number of pitches, but not to that extreme at all. They need to be taught how to pitch to contact at times to limit pitch counts.