Barber's Hill (24) vs Forney (6) - FINAL

jdawg03

5 minutes ago, kingwolf1 said:

all things considered with the weather, the Forney offense is really not that bad...I think this says more about the BH defense than Forney being a bad team.

I truly think if weather wasn’t the way it was, you would’ve seen a score like what Lancaster and Longview beat Forney by. Our defense and special teams played lights out, backups gave up the trash TD at the end, but domination on the D side of the ball.

4 minutes ago, kingwolf1 said:

all things considered with the weather, the Forney offense is really not that bad...I think this says more about the BH defense than Forney being a bad team.

Agreed the BH D was lights out tonight. Forney put up good numbers this year and drop 56 last week on someone. The BH offense should have scored more this game they have to get on track next week.

7 minutes ago, kingwolf1 said:

Weather was certainly a factor, but Forney was one dimensional and they couldn’t get the ball to the receivers especially the 6’6” one. TBH they wouldn’t have made the playoffs if they were in our district. 

9 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Weather was certainly a factor, but Forney was one dimensional and they couldn’t get the ball to the receivers especially the 6’6” one. TBH they wouldn’t have made the playoffs if they were in our district

Agree to disagree.  They held McNorth to 6 points who just put 41 on PAM. Before this game, Forney's only losses are to 3 teams that are a combined 29-4 and moved on to the second round...BH just played a hell of a game and beat a good team.

Its about match ups and I called it before this game.  Forney had no answer for the BH Dline

What a game by the BH Eagles! The Defense was spectacular. Pitched a shut out until literally the last play of the game. BH offense could not score from the 1 in the first half but they did do enough to win. Converted some big 3rd downs along the way. Special teams were stellar. The biggest factor had to be Absek and the coaching staff. They had the boys READY to play and had an answer for every single thing Forney tried. Not only did BH soundly beat Forney but they rose to the challenge and totally conquered the weather. BH proved the critics and the computer wrong!  

Forney did not impress me much but I have to give respect to the Forney fans. They travelled pretty well all things considered and stayed until the end. It can't be fun to get soaking wet then have to drive 4 hours back home. I wish them well and hope they all had a safe drive home.  

4 minutes ago, kenny powers said:

I was wondering that, so they didnt stay the night? Surely the kids were able to change into some dry clothes before a long drive home if they didnt stay. Why didnt they just move this game to Saturday? 

I think both Head Coaches would have to agree to that, I could definitely be wrong. 

10 hours ago, kingwolf1 said:

Agree to disagree.  They held McNorth to 6 points who just put 41 on PAM. Before this game, Forney's only losses are to 3 teams that are a combined 29-4 and moved on to the second round...BH just played a hell of a game and beat a good team.

Its about match ups and I called it before this game.  Forney had no answer for the BH Dline

the score doesn’t tell the story. This game was over in the 4th qtr. MN couldn’t run on PAM. Penalties kept MN alive on some drives. Our defense was getting gassed a little due to MN hurry up offense. The last td the qb just threw it up as he was running for his life out of bounds to a wr that was left all alone. MN played ok, but I can say the lightning delay took away pam momentum cause they was up 20-7 and MN had no answer

10 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

What a game by the BH Eagles! The Defense was spectacular. Pitched a shut out until literally the last play of the game. BH offense could not score from the 1 in the first half but they did do enough to win. Converted some big 3rd downs along the way. Special teams were stellar. The biggest factor had to be Absek and the coaching staff. They had the boys READY to play and had an answer for every single thing Forney tried. Not only did BH soundly beat Forney but they rose to the challenge and totally conquered the weather. BH proved the critics and the computer wrong!  

Forney did not impress me much but I have to give respect to the Forney fans. They travelled pretty well all things considered and stayed until the end. It can't be fun to get soaking wet then have to drive 4 hours back home. I wish them well and hope they all had a safe drive home.  

At one point Forney was huddled under tents on the sideline…when I saw that, I knew there was NO WAY they were going to beat us! 

2 hours ago, kenny powers said:

I was wondering that, so they didnt stay the night? Surely the kids were able to change into some dry clothes before a long drive home if they didnt stay. Why didnt they just move this game to Saturday? 

Yes the Forney players of course can shower and dry up but I was talking about their fans. I would presume a lot of them intended to drive home late after the game. It got over an hour even later and they were cold and wet. Probabaly a few got a hotel room for the night but even then they might not have had dry clothes and personal items. Tough trip for them. Again I hope thery all got home safe.