I Voted

baddog

I voted at 7:30am. Jefferson County has their new publicized voting machines and system. 

There was one person voting when I entered and then it was me and 3 workers. And…. they had no record of me by address, name, date of birth, etc.

Questions like, how long have you lived at that address? 24 years.

Hmmmm…..

I told them that I vote in every election and have been to that location for those 20+ years.

Apparently the new system lost my voter registration.

Hmmmm…..

But after about 15 minutes and the poll workers on the phone with the county clerk for several minutes, they found my registration and I got to vote. 😆

6 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I voted at 7:30am. Jefferson County has their new publicized voting machines and system. 

There was one person voting when I entered and then it was me and 3 workers. And…. they had no record of me by address, name, date of birth, etc.

Questions like, how long have you lived at that address? 24 years.

Hmmmm…..

I told them that I vote in every election and have been to that location for those 20+ years.

Apparently the new system lost my voter registration.

Hmmmm…..

But after about 15 minutes and the poll workers on the phone with the county clerk for several minutes, they found my registration and I got to vote. 😆

I was asked if I resided at the address on my license. I said yes and that was that. New machines worked well and were very user friendly. Even BG can figure it out. 

Also, these machines…..you feed a long card into the machine before you begin voting. After you are finished voting, you can review your picks. Then you hit “place my vote”. Then the card is fed back out to you and you can read all your picks on the card. You then proceed to the exit where your card if fed into another machine for a print copy backup so the votes can be tabulated if need be. Works for me.

I would rather see what happened to tvc happen, rather than anyone voting that shouldn’t.

46 minutes ago, baddog said:

Also, these machines…..you feed a long card into the machine before you begin voting. After you are finished voting, you can review your picks. Then you hit “place my vote”. Then the card is fed back out to you and you can read all your picks on the card. You then proceed to the exit where your card if fed into another machine for a print copy backup so the votes can be tabulated if need be. Works for me.

I would rather see what happened to tvc happen, rather than anyone voting that shouldn’t.

After I turned my card in, I told the workers that we have now gone back to the old punch cards but instead of using the stylus to punch out the corresponding tab, the computer does it for us.

They said something like like, yep.