scrimmage

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

The UIL is smart. They didn't announced their rulings during the heat of the season and the playoffs.  Fans would probably erupt.  They waited until just before the beginning of a new season.

Wrong. The temporary injunction the kids mom got through the courts was why he was able to play during the season. It wasn't till after the season was over when the Supreme Court threw out the injunction case so the player went back to being ineligible like the UIL originally had ruled.

That is why they are ruling on this situation now.

I’m here watching the Scrimmage Silsbee loses to Spring Westfield 2 times today and then loses to Klein followed by losing to A & M Consolidated they played 22 minutes per Scrimmage young tigers are going to take their lumps early throughout this very rough Schedule but they will be Stout when the gentleman from the football team joins them tigers were the only 4a team here of course the game speed was really something for these young tigers to deal with but they will be in real good shape by district  Mr. Jarod Harris did not play this evening should be ready to go Saturday against Pasadena Dobie.

I should have gone to this but I was somewhere else.  The key thing is Jared did not play.  Those are some good big school teams.  The kid down the street plays for Westfield.  I see him and his sisters practice in their driveway all the time. I wish I could have seen him play Silsbee.  When everyone comes together this is going to be a tough team to deal with, especially at the 4A level.

I was out walking my dog and one of my neighbors, the dad of one of the Westfield players was having fun talking about how Silsbee got handled.  I told him how the star players and the rest of the starters were out for this and that and for football. Silsbee is < a 1000 students.  The rest of those schools have 3k to 3.5k students.  A full Silsbee team that is in the basketball groove would give them a run for their money.  The Tigers are known for beating 5A and 6A teams, at least 3 or 4 times a season.