Silsbee basketball

T-Lu

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I am predicting with Silsbee going deep in football, Silsbee basketball will have a sub .500 record going into district play.

Only thing i hate about that is that when we get to SA, it will take away that chance of being one of those top two seeds.  Have to beat the best either way but i always like that to be the finals.  Both for me to be able to get there and i think like last year it would have made it better overall.  Granted you never know how anyones winning percentages will stack up.

4 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Everybody is coming back except for 2 players.

They lost one kid who sometimes started. Bench should be better than last year. One player who got injured early last year and didn't play should be back, and some other younger players should be able to step up more.

Silsbee will be 27-8 going to San Antonio in March. My prediction only. 

On 10/26/2022 at 4:27 PM, Tigers94 said:

Everybody is coming back except for 2 players.

They lost one kid who sometimes started. Bench should be better than last year. One player who got injured early last year and didn't play should be back, and some other younger players should be able to step up more.

They lost Tre Haynes to graduation. He would hit the 3 shot. I saw video of some incoming young guys who could possibly do the same; time will tell.  The injured guy coming back is probably Bilily Boulwin, who is listed as 6’4 190lbs. 

There may be 8 but but not not not basketballers still playing football. The Tigers could possibly ‘end the frustration’ on the football field. Wouldn’t that be something.

5 hours ago, Kountzer said:

They lost Tre Haynes to graduation. He would hit the 3 shot. I saw video of some incoming young guys who could possibly do the same; time will tell.  The injured guy coming back is probably Bilily Boulwin, who is listed as 6’4 190lbs. 

There may be 8 but but not not not basketballers still playing football. The Tigers could possibly ‘end the frustration’ on the football field. Wouldn’t that be something.

Not basketball players? Interesting

I expect at least 3 of those 8 players to be starters on the basketball court. Possibly 4 of them.

These 8 will make up the bulk of the varsity basketball team. Lot's of playing time.

Miller  - Cartwright  - Williams - Harper - Harris I'm pretty sure will be your starters. With Bottley - Brisbane - Elders - Elam - Bowlwin being second 5 . And a really good bench. So you have 4 starter's playing football and 4 second team playing football. Silsbee bench will be pretty deep and strong IMO..  🤷🏻‍♂️

8 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not basketball players? Interesting

I expect at least 3 of those 8 players to be starters on the basketball court. Possibly 4 of them.

These 8 will make up the bulk of the varsity basketball team. Lot's of playing time.

I'm not sure what I meant then either.  my bad.

I think the lite group of Tigers this year might be stronger than the group that finished the year last year. From what I am hearing they should fare pretty well in the preseason games. The lite group probably will open with at least five pretty good players and I would not be surprised if three of them develop into starters. At any rate the Tigers figure to have at least ten pretty good players by district time and I would not be surprised if the rotation system returns. However it is hard to take players like Harris and Miller off of the floor. 

On 10/30/2022 at 11:26 PM, scoopno1 said:

I think the lite group of Tigers this year might be stronger than the group that finished the year last year. From what I am hearing they should fare pretty well in the preseason games. The lite group probably will open with at least five pretty good players and I would not be surprised if three of them develop into starters. At any rate the Tigers figure to have at least ten pretty good players by district time and I would not be surprised if the rotation system returns. However it is hard to take players like Harris and Miller off of the floor. 

Harris

Miller 

Harper 

Williams 

Cartwright 

7 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Not sure who #14 is.

Hope to get a roster when they play Dobie in 10 days at home.

I" believe he is the freshman that was making big plays in 8th grade last year just can't remember his name. And I" believe I" seen Cedric Jones the freshman playing too". Both can get up on that rim..! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

It's hard cause I'm sure he feels like he has to try and force things in games like today. If they were playing lesser teams, it might would be different till the rest of the squad is here.

Tiger starters for today's game:

Harris

Boulwin

Dean

Rice

Shoulders

So that's four starters they were missing.

How about a score?