La Porte (27) @ Baytown Lee (20) FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, September 16, 2022 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Baytown Lee - 5A-8-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 1, District Losses: 1, Overall Losses: 2

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: La Porte- 5A-8-1
Record: District Wins: 1, Overall Wins: 2, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 1

District Matchup: Yes

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter

Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter
!!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter

Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final
You may also use - , or | in place of /

Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds.
Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 

Was told by people at the game that LP had 5 fumbles, and numerous other miscues. I asked if it was youth, good D, or a combo of both and was told it was mainly youth. If true, I’d expect inconsistency with the young players. To still be able to force a TO, march down the field and pull out the win away in the last minute speaks volumes about the attitude change from last year.

As they say, an ugly win is better than a pretty loss. Go Dawgs! Keep workin’.

LP had two fumbles. Lee had one turnover.

Lee and LP are evenly matched teams. LP probably got a bit too excited whipping teams that anyone with a pulse should whip in Elsik and GCM.

Lee had 400 yards of offense and dominated the second half from the 10 minute mark of the third quarter to the 2 minutes left in the game mark I don't think LP had one first down. Lee just ran out of steam with most of their guys going both ways. Had the ball deep in LPs territory tie ballgame late and just couldn't punch it in then LP comes back with a 90 yard drive to win it.

There is no need to rationalize for LP. They beat a good team in Lee Lee certainly had just as easy a time with Clear Brook as Deer Park did last night and I know DP beat the fool out of LP.

4 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

La Porte as I thought is rapidly improving under Berneathy

Berneathy was at LP from 2007-2013 if I recall correctly over the OL. Since he’s familiar—and LP is familiar with him—I can only imagine it makes it easier. But, LP is still very young.

Many of us knew he would do great things for Dobie, and he did about as good as he could. Very few will get by NS first round every year. (No matter who you are…)

He was gonna’ be 9 to 10 wins every year, and then one & out in the PO’s until something changes with the Sho. They’d beat more than a few college teams. LOL