2022 Scrimmages/Scrimmage Talk

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

Kid has no quit in him and quick as a cat.  If I’m OC, I’m planning on running away from him.  Reminds me of Vidor’s NG the last 3 years.  Surprised the clips show little double team blocking on him.  I’m thinking 2 or 3 blocking, and then, maybe.

I watched him blow through two blockers on multiple occasions and they weren't small human beings. Unless you've got a D1 prospect @ Tackle, you better double team him and a tailback block isn't going to cut it. 

4 hours ago, pine curtain said:

seems like silsbee is in the middle of several incidents.....

In reality it's just a couple incidents.  No different than several in history with other districts across Texas.

Rarely do people know the background on these situations and choose to dwell on them for social reasons.

Do what you will but I'm not one to dwell...

Jmo

On 8/20/2022 at 9:09 AM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yeah that's what me and 14.2 were discussing up top. 

Just went back and watched that Shadow Creek vs CE King game from the second round last year. King had SC down 40-14 in the third quarter before they really got off the gas. King dominated SC at the LoS which makes me a little more worried about our game with them since they’ll be even better on the defensive line this year. Look how much bigger than SC they look in the trenches once the game starts. I think Katy and Summer Creek will probably replay it in the regional final in 6A-D2. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Just went back and watched that Shadow Creek vs CE King game from the second round last year. King had SC down 40-14 in the third quarter before they really got off the gas. King dominated SC at the LoS which makes me a little more worried about our game with them since they’ll be even better on the defensive line this year. Look how much bigger than SC they look in the trenches once the game starts. I think Katy and Summer Creek will probably replay it in the regional final in 6A-D2. 

King could have put up a better showing against King but they were one dimensional on offense. They lined up very well with them. I’m really surprised they are on our schedule. Very tough comp for the cougar in wk one. However I think we’re going to surprise some folks in wk 2 by dominating FBM

Just now, MrFleet23 said:

King could have put up a better showing against King but they were one dimensional on offense. They lined up very well with them. I’m really surprised they are on our schedule. Very tough comp for the cougar in wk one. However I think we’re going to surprise some folks in wk 2 by dominating FBM

*Against Katy. 

On 8/21/2022 at 4:11 PM, Silsbee92 said:

In reality it's just a couple incidents.  No different than several in history with other districts across Texas.

Rarely do people know the background on these situations and choose to dwell on them for social reasons.

Do what you will but I'm not one to dwell...

Jmo

a couple? 

I can name at least 5 off the top of my head and I don't even keep up with silsbee.

silsbee has gotten a reputation for bad behavior.

20 hours ago, pine curtain said:

a couple? 

I can name at least 5 off the top of my head and I don't even keep up with silsbee.

silsbee has gotten a reputation for bad behavior.

Didnt see Liv scrimmage, so cant commit about that, but since 2017, this extra stuff has been quiet. The 2017 basketball incident was one player, who got removed for the rest of that season. 

Wow, DCTF preseason 5A offensive player of the year and the kid that I thought was the third best running back in the state behind Ruben Owens and Quentin Joyner will not even make it to the starting line for College Station this year. CS’ other three star RB transferred to Dumas with the head coach so I’m pretty sure Marquise Collins was the main reason they were ranked #4 in DCTF’s preseason poll. Brutal road to the playoffs for CS without Collins and having Cedar Park and A&M Consol. in the district. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Huff at Decatur not Dumas. But yeah that sucks for Collins and CS. Seems like Duke has been getting some nice pieces from Texas lately. 

Smh, that’s what I meant🤦🏾‍♂️ Was watching RB film of Amarion Peterson and one of the games was against Dumas. Huff and Nate Palmer are both at Decatur. 

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Smh, that’s what I meant🤦🏾‍♂️ Was watching RB film of Amarion Peterson and one of the games was against Dumas. Huff and Nate Palmer are both at Decatur. 

Peterson is a monster. I'll be watching a few Hirschi games this season again on YouTube. 

Their WR Carroll is a beast too.