Will LUMBERTON and DAYTON see each other again in the playoffs..

WarPaint

Did you just say that nobody from Dayton is or was upset with the seeding? I don't think that is a very accurate statement as most of them were very upset last week when all of this drama was going on. They probably aren't very upset now as they just beat Crosby but they were before the game. I don't know how many times we have to go over this..but they are not the #1 seed because they lost there head to head matchup against the train....therefore they can't possibly be the sole best team in district. If you go by who beat who which should matter most, we would be the better team over them this year....it's very simple and plain to see isn't it. All I'm going to say is 8-7...L-Town beats Dayton...the best team all ways wins. It is what it is. If it didn't matter who they played and didn't want the easy way to advance to round #2 then why was there such a big fuss over the seeding all of last week..because it did matter. You say everyone knows Dayton would beat L-Town but the fact is they didn't. They had there chance and couldn't pull it off. They will get a chance to do it next year but not this year..that is over and done with.

if u look at it like that png should be above lumberton

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the RULES established all three way ties are broken by point spread, the #2 and #3 seed are determined by head to head, but who needs rules anyway.

This is all water under the bridge (the Eastex Freeway bridge going northbound over Pine Island Bayou).

Dayton needs to just worry about Texas City.

Lumberton beat Dayton and now both teams are facing probably their toughest opponents all year.

Guest beards_bro

Yea, if you look at it like that then PNG would be over Lumberton and Lumberton would be over Dayton and Dayton would be over PNG...but we are talking about reality here and PNG is excluded from this debate because they don't affect the seeding as they are in Division 1 and L-Town & Dayton are in Div. 2. Therefore, tiebreaker is the Train over Dayton due to 8-7. Point spread takes a back seat as head to head is the real deal.

There have been  negative post all year long about Lumberton.  And after Lumberton beat Dayton, people started talking that negative crap on Dayton.  The fact is Lumberton is in there.  And if you don't believe there real, ask the opposing coaches that have faced them this year.  Best of luck to Lumberton, Dayton and PNG.  Lets make the rest of the state talk about the Southeast Texas teams.  And as far as the seed issue, "quit crying", your in the playoffs.

Guest maverick24

According to the RULES established all three way ties are broken by point spread, the #2 and #3 seed are determined by head to head, but who needs rules anyway.

This is all water under the bridge (the Eastex Freeway bridge going northbound over Pine Island Bayou).

Lumberton beat Dayton and now both teams are facing probably their toughest opponents all year.

Might want to get your facts straight Scooter Eastex Freeway doesnt go through Hardin County.

Once again you speak before you think! Remember STTS  Stop-Think-Think again-Speak

Head to head is always, let me repeat, always a better tie breaker when you have to break a tie.  Having said that, I'm like you, it is water under the bridge.  Good Luck to the Broncos, they are representing 22-4A well.  If we meet again, it will be a game for the ages.

Might want to get your facts straight Scooter Eastex Freeway doesnt go through Hardin County.

Once again you speak before you think! Remember STTS  Stop-Think-Think again-Speak

Just one little correction here........both Highway 59 in the Houston area and of course Highway 69/96 in the Beaumont area are nicknamed Eastex Freeway so technically the Pine Island Bayou bridge can I guess legitimately be referred to as an or the Eastex Freeway bridge......

Just one little correction here........both Highway 59 in the Houston area and of course Highway 69/96 in the Beaumont area are nicknamed Eastex Freeway so technically the Pine Island Bayou bridge can I guess legitimately be referred to as an or the Eastex Freeway bridge......

Correct...

59 northbound out of Houston is called the Eastex Freeway but so is HWY 69/96 northbound out of Beaumont.

I agree. I just hate that one us will have to put the other out. If this happens, it will prove 22-4A district strength.

I agree bronco1...all the smack talk and "controveries" aside...if this happens too bad one of us has to beat the other to advance. That being said, I hope we do see each other again because that means, obviously, that we both win this next week. So let's both take care of business on Friday and this distrit can be proud of 2 teams making it to round 4 and have the privilege of knowing that one of their own will take that next step.

I agree bronco1...all the smack talk and "controveries" aside...if this happens too bad one of us has to beat the other to advance. That being said, I hope we do see each other again because that means, obviously, that we both win this next week. So let's both take care of business on Friday and this distrit can be proud of 2 teams making it to round 4 and have the privilege of knowing that one of their own will take that next step.

Amen!

Guest maverick24

First of all 69/96 is not east tx FREEWAY it is called a HIGHWAY!!!

Second it will be great to see these two teams play if it happenes but sad that one will knock the other out. I know most think that Dayton would kill Lumberton if this happens but lets remember LM  thought the same thing. Whoever wins I will be at the next weeks game if it is Dayton I will be pulling for them if it is my RAIDERS I will be pulling for them. Good Luck 22-4A.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23