Newton vs. Buna Predictions/GAME TONIGHT!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EagleFan01

This will be a very good football game, but if you think that buna will hold newton to 14 points you are sick in your head. Newton is rolling right now like a fine tuned machine they are hitting on all cylinders and have been the past four weeks. I say it will close game until about half way through the third and I believe Newton will pull away. Buna is not road tested they have not had the big games played like Newton has I am just not confident enough in Buna. Don't get me wrong Newton could certainly lose this game but I just don't think Buna has enough. Oh and as for the comment about leaving Barbay screaming at the scrimmage again I say Newton was testing new players out at different positions and some of the younger kids were still learning the system, and plus that was was 4 months ago so Couger fans don't look to much in to that from earlier in the season. On that note I say Newton 40 to 21.

This is a re-match of last year’s bi-district playoff game.

Assuming both teams graduated the same number and quality of Sr's from last years teams.... What was the score last year...?

Really not trying to gig Buna as they have a good group of kids and coaches but unless Newton takes the game lightly it should be a Newton win.

Why?

• Newton is playing its best ball of the year right now.

• Newton has been putting in second string players beginning in the third quarter of the district games.

• Newton could have put 70 points on most of the district teams if Coach Barbay had wanted.

• Newton's passing game is the best it's been this year (and probably last year).

• Newton arguably played the hardest pre-district schedule of any 2A team in east Texas (maybe the state) Jasper, Silsbee, Carthage, Crockett. All these are 3A teams and 3 of the 4 are in the 3A playoffs.

• Playing on Thursday night may or may not be an advantage to Buna...? I can't recall Newton ever playing a varsity game on a Thursday...

• Playing on the turf in Lufkin should be a Newton speed advantage.

• Newton’s defensive line is good

I know that 24-2A is a powerhouse district!

powerhouse

noun

1.  a highly energetic and indefatigable person 

2.  a team considered to be the best of its class

Powerhouse can be defined as being "best in class".

Fact: 24-2A is not a top district in 2A

Fact: You like your district

Opinion: 24-2A is a top district or 'best in class'

powerhouse

noun

1.  a highly energetic and indefatigable person 

2.  a team considered to be the best of its class

Powerhouse can be defined as being "best in class".

Fact: 24-2A is not a top district in 2A

Fact: You like your district

Opinion: 24-2A is a top district or 'best in class'

so is 23-2A a powerhouse???

I don't think you can say that either Dist 24 2A or Dist 23 2A could be considered a powerhouse if you consider all the teams in each respective district.

My opinion of a "powerhouse" district in class 2A would probably be District 24 2A which includes Centerville, Elkhart, Marlin, Mart and Teague. At one point three of these were in the state top 20 ranking at the same time.

That can't be said for 3 or 4 teams comparatively in district 24 2A or district 23 2A for that matter...

Not trying to take anything away from any team in either district... I just give more credence to the word "powerhouse".

I don't think you can say that either Dist 24 2A or Dist 23 2A could be considered a powerhouse if you consider all the teams in each respective district.

My opinion of a "powerhouse" district in class 2A would probably be District 24 2A which includes Centerville, Elkhart, Marlin, Mart and Teague. At one point three of these were in the state top 20 ranking at the same time.

That can't be said for 3 or 4 teams comparatively in district 24 2A or district 23 2A for that matter...

Not trying to take anything away from any team in either district... I just give more credence to the word "powerhouse".

I think you made a typo.

Lot of people under estimating Buna.  If you have seen them play this year you wouldn't.  This a very good team.  Newton is the clear favorite, but will have their hands full.  Buna will keep it close in the first half and Newton should stretch it out in the 2nd half.  But with a couple breaks here and there anything can happen.

buna might have had some great games & made some big improvements, but let's be honest, while there are some strong teams in that district, it is not the toughtest 2a district.  there is one clear and obvious "powerhouse" within that district.  year after year newton is a force to be reckoned with.  not taking away from the cougars, but i just don't see this one ending in an upset. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder