Week 8

Texas Tech has fired Matt Wells. 

BREAKING NEWS: Texas Tech Head Coach Matt Wells was fired today, according to multiple sources.

This is the hidden content, please

It feels like ever since Leach left Lubbock Tech has become a place for coaching careers to take a hit. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Texas Tech has fired Matt Wells. 

BREAKING NEWS: Texas Tech Head Coach Matt Wells was fired today, according to multiple sources.

This is the hidden content, please

It feels like ever since Leach left Lubbock Tech has become a place for coaching careers to take a hit. 

Kliff’s doing ok….

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Texas Tech oughta take that interim tag off Cumbie and keep him. 

My guess is Sonny Dykes or Traylor.   Either one would be a vast improvement over anyone they’ve had since Leach (IMO).  The Wells hire was out of left field, and the alumni aren’t happy with the offense’s production, especially given Cumbie is making like $750k a year as an OC.  That why I think Hocutt hires one of those two.  “Safest” hires for that particular job.  Personally, I think Dykes is about as good as it gets for Tech.  He’s been successful everywhere he’s been and Tech would a destination job for him.  

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

My guess is Sonny Dykes or Traylor.   Either one would be a vast improvement over anyone they’ve had since Leach (IMO).  The Wells hire was out of left field, and the alumni aren’t happy with the offense’s production, especially given Cumbie is making like $750k a year as an OC.  That why I think Hocutt hires one of those two.  “Safest” hires for that particular job.  Personally, I think Dykes is about as good as it gets for Tech.  He’s been successful everywhere he’s been and Tech would a destination job for him.  

Traylor can do better than a Tech gig. If i'm Traylor I'd be paying a little attention to what LSU does in regards to Dave Aranda, if BU opens up I see Traylor getting that one or waiting a year for a big opening to pop up. 

44 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Traylor can do better than a Tech gig. If i'm Traylor I'd be paying a little attention to what LSU does in regards to Dave Aranda, if BU opens up I see Traylor getting that one or waiting a year for a big opening to pop up. 

Tech’s a better gig than Baylor.   Maybe not recently, but certainly historically.  With realignment, Baylor has mid major written all over it.