Best Pitcher/Catcher Combo In The Area?

I kinda like Hales and Campbell. First, Campbell has a strong throwing arm and does a great job behind the plate. Second, Hales does a good job of changing his delivery once men are on base. He uses 2 different moves and 2 different deliveries (1 a slide, the other not). For a soph, very refined.

• 1 year later...

Herrington/Carnahan @ PNG

Fazio/Steinhagen @ Kelly

All are D1 prospects.

Statum/Felts will be best in '09 & '10.

Cannot argue that list. With my biased opinion, I'd add :

Ross Hales (p) Jake Ponder ©--BH

Kendall Thamm (p) Jake Ponder ©--BH

Hunter Silva (p) Jake Ponder ©--BH

Jonathan Kelley (p) Jake Ponder (c )--BH

;D

Be realistic. Statum is a good player on the 3A level and perhaps will be an All SETX first team outfielder.

He is simply not in the pitching class with Hales, Harrington and Fazio. If the OF combo was the best in the area which was this thread title, they should win that district. For this year even a playoff spot is questionable.

When I see these type of posts, it occurs to me that one of two things has happened. Either the poster doesn't know the area talent that well or completely overlooks it for some self-serving purpose.

Fazio/Steinhagen @ Kelly

All are D1 prospects.

;D

there are other teams to talk about in southeast texas than Barbers Hill.

Fazio/Steinhagen @ Kelly

All are D1 prospects.

;D

there are other teams to talk about in southeast texas than Barbers Hill.

So talk about them.....However, I would like to add my list is legitimate. Those 4 are all are signed to pitch college ball next year and Ponder was 1st team all-district @ third base. 8-9 dingers and a team leader in RBI's as a sophomore...Now he gets to move back to his natural position behind the plate.

Let's talk Nederland baseball.

#1...I still cannot figure out how you guys missed the playoffs last year.. and I'm serious about that...not trying to be an #$@. You guys are loaded with athletes.

#2..Finally got a chance to see the Bellows(?) kid....if he stays healthy and hungry....he is going to be something else...on the gridiron or diamond.

I'm a BH parent....as a result I tend to talk w/ a bias towards BH. ;) But I think if you check out all my posts, you'll see I'm a fan of high school baseball, whoever it may be. I tend to give credit where credit is due. Maybe we can hook up in the playoffs..if so, dinner is on me.

With that said, Go Eagles  ;D........and Bulldogs. ;)

And if I only get one chance to answer the thread.......Fazio/Steinhagen.

And yes those pitching stats still add up to 36 games.  :)....not counting the tie.

well said Eagle. your comments and lists are usually fair despite your admitted bias. And yes, a lot of us wonder about Nederland's performance last year with the talent and Babe Ruth feeder program they have. If they don't improve, they are going to have a hard time in that district. Perhaps one of the best 4A districts in the state.

well said Eagle. your comments and lists are usually fair despite your admitted bias. And yes, a lot of us wonder about Nederland's performance last year with the talent and Babe Ruth feeder program they have. If they don't improve, they are going to have a hard time in that district. Perhaps one of the best 4A districts in the state.

Thank you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin