#13 5A Div 1 Katy Paetow Vs. #19 5A Div 2 Barbers Hill

BHFAN

Last year Katy pulled out a come from behind win @ Katy  to win 21-20. This year the Panthers travel to BH and come returning 4 on offense and 8 on defense While the Eagles return 5 & 5. With the BH coaching change it is hard for me to expect that the Eagles will be ready for the Panthers, but hopefully the new coach has them firing early.   Katy is the favorite in this matchup, but cant wait to see what this group of Eagles can do.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

There's a couple of Katy fans on here, but I've seen zero Paetow fans on here, only seen them on the football friday app. 

Bummer, well we can smack next week though. Unless Paetow beats us by 20 then I won’t be in the mood😃

I mean, the question is if Barbers Hill can beat a 6A squad from Katy ISD with a new coach and no offseason? Probably not even in normal years but it’s going to be an even tougher task this year. 

I was just looking at some highlights from KP’s starting running back in their scrimmage with Cy-Springs and they were making it look pretty easy out there. Cy-Springs is the worst team in Cy-Fair ISD though. Idk how good their receivers are but their qb from last year is back and that o-line looks huge outside of the center. RB looks pretty big too. 

BH probably has the most experienced QB in the district but I think all four kids in the secondary for Paetow have D1 offers? Passing game is going to be pretty much negated. I see they have a d-linemen that has a couple offers also. Their defense is why I made the comment about challenging for the region. Might as well play them now, BH will be playing teams like them next year involuntarily. 

8 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I mean, the question is if Barbers Hill can beat a 6A squad from Katy ISD with a new coach and no offseason? Probably not even in normal years but it’s going to be an even tougher task this year. 

I was just looking at some highlights from KP’s starting running back in their scrimmage with Cy-Springs and they were making it look pretty easy out there. Cy-Springs is the worst team in Cy-Fair ISD though. Idk how good their receivers are but their qb from last year is back and that o-line looks huge outside of the center. RB looks pretty big too. 

BH probably has the most experienced QB in the district but I think all four kids in the secondary for Paetow have D1 offers? Passing game is going to be pretty much negated. I see they have a d-linemen that has a couple offers also. Their defense is why I made the comment about challenging for the region. Might as well play them now, BH will be playing teams like them next year involuntarily. 

Paetow is 5A… but I’d imagine 6A after this year

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Paetow is 5A… but I’d imagine 6A after this year

Yes, that's why they play in a 5A district but they currently have 6A enrollment. In December 2020 Katy ISD released a study on their projected growth and the need for new schools. The 2021 projected enrollment at Paetow high school was 3,235 kids, said they're going to fall about 3.2% short of that. Without a new school Paetow's 2025 enrollment projection of 5,423 would be the largest in Katy ISD. 

Highlight of a couple runs from one of Paetow’s RBs vs Cy-Springs: https://twitter.com/jacobbr06590584/status/1429073736397905924?s=21

It’s only one play but look at the overall size of Paetow’s defense this year. Definitely look like they have 3,000+ kids in their school: https://twitter.com/kentrell_webb/status/1428865341522915335?s=21

Thanks for the info 14.2 although none of it is helping my confidence 😩. This game will definitely show where we are at against a good team. I was more worried about KP defense, but that back they have looks good and the QB too. I think if BH wins this one that would be a huge statement.

16 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Thanks for the info 14.2 although none of it is helping my confidence 😩. This game will definitely show where we are at against a good team. I was more worried about KP defense, but that back they have looks good and the QB too. I think if BH wins this one that would be a huge statement.

Just try not to blow it like last year, I still remember what happened late in that one. That was a very winnable game over in Katy. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Just try not to blow it like last year, I still remember what happened late in that one. That was a very winnable game over in Katy. 

Yes, BH was up by 2 scores and watched a missed early field goal cost the the game! Similar to us blowing it against PAM the very next week.

Also Westerburg played very conservative pre district last year not going to the air much. Hoping Abseck opens up more during pre district, although I understand not showing all your cards early.  Glad we’re facing a stout defense early.

30 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Yes, BH was up by 2 scores and watched a missed early field goal cost the the game! Similar to us blowing it against PAM the very next week.

The refs blew that week-2 game both ways. Didn't feel like anyone won or loss that one. 

2 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Paetow is definitely getable, mainly because their QB can't really beat you. He has some offers but he looks a lot better getting off the bus than he actually plays. The 21 points they scored on y'all last year might not be a lot more this year but if all KP has to do is turn around and hand it off because the BH d-line can't hold up then game over.

That's why you pay the coach the money though. Abseck's defensive staff has to put a scheme together that can cover for some of the personnel complications BH is going to be up against. Even if they get that handled the issue then switches to how BH scores against them?

As bad as it sounds and as crappy of a coaching debut it would be for him, if I'm Abseck and watching Holdren get killed because he's holding the ball due to his receivers not being able to get off coverage I would give a hard thought to shutting him down early. More than that loss would hurt to start the season, losing him would probably wreck BH's season. I think Vype has him as the preseason offensive MVP in the district. 

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Paetow is definitely getable, mainly because their QB can't really beat you. He has some offers but he looks a lot better getting off the bus than he actually plays. The 21 points they scored on y'all last year might not be a lot more this year but if all KP has to do is turn around and hand it off because the BH d-line can't hold up then game over.

That's why you pay the coach the money though. Abseck's defensive staff has to put a scheme together that can cover for some of the personnel complications BH is going to be up against. Even if they get that handled the issue then switches to how BH scores against them?

As bad as it sounds and as crappy of a coaching debut it would be for him, if I'm Abseck and watching Holdren get killed because he's holding the ball due to his receivers not being able to get off coverage I would give a hard thought to shutting him down early. More than that loss would hurt to start the season, losing him would probably wreck BH's season. I think Vype has him as the preseason offensive MVP in the district. 

Holdren is a good athlete. I watched this team take the TIFI Super Bowl years back LOL. He also happens to be a pitcher fresh off the BH state championship baseball team last year. I think our Defense will be able to contain, but as you said  we’re going to have to find a way to move the ball.

7 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

BH returns a good QB and an underrated RB. If the line can do its job, I think they have a chance. 

My co-worker’s son is the backup qb for BH so I got to see some of the scrimmage film vs La Porte. The o-line has a better chance of holding up than the d-line against KP but Hagler has been off ever since he hurt his ankle against Manvel a couple of years ago. I didn’t even think he was BH’s best rb last year. 

If they’re going to win or have a chance to, those big receivers I saw have to make some plays like they were doing in that scrimmage. That’s why I was pointing out the need to keep Holdren upright. Doesn’t matter what the receivers can do if the qb is on his back. Idk about their linemen situation but next year with some of their young skill guys being older they could be pretty salty. Those improvements might get cancelled out with the move up in divisions though.