Put your best 11 on the field

SmashMouth

On 8/18/2021 at 8:19 PM, SmashMouth said:

I’m not sure on that one. I’ll try to find out. I’m literally just throwing a bunch of crap out there about his resume’ cuz I didn’t like the hire, and I’m a sore freaking loser. Lol. But I really want to emphasize the importance of playing your best athletes on a team that isn’t very deep (a nice way to put it). I feel like a guy that went to college on a baseball scholarship and has never been a head football coach could use a little direction with his new football team. I guess that’s my formal offer of services…free of charge (mostly) if Coach Reyes would like some first class advice. 

Faircloth also played college baseball as well as several other AD/Head football coaches. Faircloth has the best winning percentage of any PNG head football coach  The only real point you ve made is that you are a sore loser.  

19 minutes ago, glassjoe said:

Faircloth also played college baseball as well as several other AD/Head football coaches. Faircloth has the best winning percentage of any PNG head football coach  The only real point you ve made is that you are a sore loser.  

Png also has the head to head versus Lumberton. 😁

6 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I’ll tell you what, if that’s what he’s suggesting, I’ll take it! Btw, and for the record, Faircloth plays guys both ways. 

You sure about that?   You lack the information needed to be relevant.  For the record Lumberton won what 2 or 3 games last year with kids going both ways.  I think I will wait for the season to actually start before bashing a head coach.  The guy doesn’t even have 1 game under his belt before getting slammed on here by the experts.  

12 hours ago, glassjoe said:

You sure about that?   You lack the information needed to be relevant.  For the record Lumberton won what 2 or 3 games last year with kids going both ways.  I think I will wait for the season to actually start before bashing a head coach.  The guy doesn’t even have 1 game under his belt before getting slammed on here by the experts.  

Yes, I’m sure about that. They went 2 deep in the playoffs consecutively before that. Last year they ran a completely new offense and we’re plagued with lots of season ending injuries for many starters. I have plenty of information to make my claims…certainly more than you. I know every starter playing on both sides of the ball. I’ve known many those young men since they were in grade school. He is doing the team a disservice by not allowing 2 way players. 

53 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yes, I’m sure about that. They went 2 deep in the playoffs consecutively before that. Last year they ran a completely new offense and we’re plagued with lots of season ending injuries for many starters. I have plenty of information to make my claims…certainly more than you. I know every starter playing on both sides of the ball. I’ve known many those young men since they were in grade school. He is doing the team a disservice by not allowing 2 way players. 

Nope.  You are misinformed my friend.
my kid happens to be one those kids you have supposedly known since grade school.   Faircloth doesn’t play kids both ways.  

you are literally trying to throw daggers at guy who hasn’t coached his first game in Lumberton because you are a “sore loser” and did not like the hire.  Your words.

6 minutes ago, glassjoe said:

Nope.  You are misinformed my friend.
my kid happens to be one those kids you have supposedly known since grade school.   Faircloth doesn’t play kids both ways.  

you are literally trying to throw daggers at guy who hasn’t coached his first game in Lumberton because you are a “sore loser” and did not like the hire.  Your words.

I stick by my words. Of course, as most people without their head in their butt know, my comment was tongue in cheek. Faircloth, like any good coach, does play kids both ways when he needs to. Lumberton’s new prodigy refuses to start anyone both ways, regardless. I bet he changes his tune when district starts. If your son currently plays for Lumberton, ask him how they did in their scrimmages. Apparently, you didn’t watch them. 

Just now, SmashMouth said:

I stick by my words. Of course, as most people without their head in their butt know, my comment was tongue in cheek. Faircloth, like any good coach, does play kids both ways when he needs to. Lumberton’s new prodigy refuses to start anyone both ways, regardless. I bet he changes his tune when district starts. If your son currently plays for Lumberton, ask him how they did in their scrimmages. Apparently, you didn’t watch them. 

He s plays for PNG big guy.  

You just made my point.   You have no idea if he ll use kids both ways or not when needed.  My son has a friend in Lumberton who just moved from the Offense to Defense last week.  Soooo.  

2 minutes ago, glassjoe said:

He s plays for PNG big guy.  

You just made my point.   You have no idea if he ll use kids both ways or not when needed.  My son has a friend in Lumberton who just moved from the Offense to Defense last week.  Soooo.  

I was referring to Lumberton’s players little guy, or can’t you read. And the kid that went from offense to defense…he didn’t move to offense AND defense. 

I agree that hat you need to play the best 11. There are crucial situations where they need to be on the field.

Unfortunately Lumberton’s Superintendent did a friend of his a favor and hired this guy. According to some very reliable sources I talked with, he was way down the list on applicants to hire.  They simply tell me that he is very unorganized and doesn’t know much about football.  In fact one of the coaches said to expect the Raiders to give up about 50 a game this season.  I hate to hear that.  Hopefully they will improve and do much better than that

5 hours ago, spidersal said:

I agree that hat you need to play the best 11. There are crucial situations where they need to be on the field.

Unfortunately Lumberton’s Superintendent did a friend of his a favor and hired this guy. According to some very reliable sources I talked with, he was way down the list on applicants to hire.  They simply tell me that he is very unorganized and doesn’t know much about football.  In fact one of the coaches said to expect the Raiders to give up about 50 a game this season.  I hate to hear that.  Hopefully they will improve and do much better than that

🎶As the Raiders go marching along🎶
Sing it everybody!

@glassjoe (you should probably stick to Mid-County stuff little guy…)