Murder at Crystal Beach

bullets13

27 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Not something we see out there very often. I remember a double murder suicide on the beach several years ago.  I’d gone on ridealongs on Friday and Saturday with TVC, and he caught that call right after he got to work on Sunday.

Before I read the article, I was hoping they had someone tied to the rape and murder of that young girl a few years back, who wandered away from her “crowd” and they think she got into a car with whoever killed her.

9 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Not something we see out there very often. I remember a double murder suicide on the beach several years ago.  I’d gone on ridealongs on Friday and Saturday with TVC, and he caught that call right after he got to work on Sunday.

Yeah, we rolled up with the bodies still on the beach. I had forgot about that. It was a terrible situation.

Those calls make me the feel the sickest. One person has decided that if he/she (usually he but not always) can’t live with someone/get visitation rights /whatever or is breaking up with someone, no one will live sometimes including the significant other, children, other family or friends. I don’t know if there is such a thing as one more terrible than another but one type is where a guy will not kill the wife  but will kill their children and then himself to make the woman suffer the loss the rest of her life.  

One such case, not local, made case law all the way to the US Supreme Court. In Caste Rock v. Gonzales case, a man had visitation rights with his children in a separation but only with pre-arranged visits. He abducted his 3 children and his wife called the police. She urged them to look for the children but they said the father might return them later so she should just wait. The man murdered all 3 children and then drove to the police station with their bodies in the car. He got in a shoot out with the police. They shot and killed him and then found the 3 dead small children.

The woman sued out of the 14th amendment saying that she was not given due process. The trial judge threw out the lawsuit and said there is no constitutional right to police protection. The federal 10th Circuit Court reinstated the lawsuit saying that the police violated her rights by not providing protection (that would sure open an expensive can of worms. Every person that was a victim of any kind of crime whatsoever, could sue the police and claim that their rights were were violated). It went to the US Supreme Court were they ruled 7-2 that in order to deny you due process, there had to be some kind of process toward you or a state law mandatory benefit from the police. 

The gist of the ruling that is taught in every Police Academy and many follow up classes, the police do not constitutionally owe you any protection. They brought up in that ruling, if state law specifically gives the police a duty to do something, then you can sue if they fail to do so. That falls on state law or constitution but not the US Constitution.   I have seen such lawsuits in Texas. There are very few mandatory actions by the police in Texas however they do exist. One such example is domestic violence, called family violence in Texas. The police have a mandatory duty to make a police report, the duty to give information to the victim such as how to go about getting a protective order or the location of a shelter and if the victim gets a protective order (often called incorrectly a restraining order) and that order is violated in front of the police, it is a mandatory arrest. Another example is entering a runaway child into the national computer immediately or within two hours of a report that the child is missing.

I am surprised that the article did not bring up what has become a mantra of the media lately, Texas passes law to allow carry of handguns without a license. 

The law hasn’t gone into affect yet and in fact has not even been signed but the articles  continue to say blah blah blah......

16 hours ago, baddog said:

Before I read the article, I was hoping they had someone tied to the rape and murder of that young girl a few years back, who wandered away from her “crowd” and they think she got into a car with whoever killed her.

It does seem to be a good place to get away with murder...

This is the hidden content, please