If PAM had Dan Hooks or Thomas Brooks as HC would they be a state contender?

No offense, but Brooks or Hooks would never take the PAM job. Too much politics and BS for a proven coach to put up with. Got a feeling PAM will be looking for a new Head Coach come January.

hate to say it but the way that school district is RT and that whole staff might be gone by January. who knows.

You have to ask yourself, is it the coaches or students.  How many years were the Lincolns and TJs loaded with talent?  IMO everytime I seen one of them play the team was one of the most undisciplined.  If an ironfist type of coach showed up I suspect the kids would quit.......maybe they have now.

You have to ask yourself, is it the coaches or students.  How many years were the Lincolns and TJs loaded with talent?  IMO everytime I seen one of them play the team was one of the most undisciplined.  If an ironfist type of coach showed up I suspect the kids would quit.......maybe they have now.

as far as i can remember all THREE (including my alma mater--SFA) always had talent. discipline is another issue.

quitting i don't know. maybe so.

For all the people out there dreaming about mergers to create super schools.

This is one of the DUMBEST ideas that can be conceived!

Just because you merge all the talent into one school, it doesn't gaurantee success.

Especially in school districts like Beaumont and Port Arthur.

People just don't realize all the politics above the head coach that goes on.

Then on top of that, the kids have no identity with the school, at least for years.

It would take a very very special coach who can not only maintain the discipline of ALL the athletes from 9th grade to 12th grade, but also a political "genius" to get the backing of all the people above him.

It will take quite a while to develop a consistent winning team in Port Arthur.

Guest WeedBegone

For all the people out there dreaming about mergers to create super schools.

This is one of the DUMBEST ideas that can be conceived!

Just because you merge all the talent into one school, it doesn't gaurantee success.

Especially in school districts like Beaumont and Port Arthur.

People just don't realize all the politics above the head coach that goes on.

Then on top of that, the kids have no identity with the school, at least for years.

It would take a very very special coach who can not only maintain the discipline of ALL the athletes from 9th grade to 12th grade, but also a political "genius" to get the backing of all the people above him.

It will take quite a while to develop a consistent winning team in Port Arthur.

?

Does the name Alex Durley ring a Bell?

Every heard of Beaumont Hebert?

Forest Park?

Anything special happen in football in this area in 1982?

If the district was smart---in which their not----they would leave the HC position alone, get someone that has a bit more cred at the OC position, instill the same system thats at the HS to all middle schools and see what happens. Its back to square one now, I havent heard any great things about the freshman and JV teams so.........oh well. we'll see come January i guess.

Forest Park?

The Alex Durley's of the world are few and far between. If the PA people are waiting around looking for an Alex Durley to come in to right the ship, they will be waiting and looking for a long time.

I too have to question not just the administration there ( sups, princ., ad's, coaches) but the people and students of the city. It sounds like a lot of in fighting.

Forest Park?

Lets look at why West Brook was formed....

Basically Beaumont ISD was segregated (in the 1980's!!) by the Federal Government.

I was only 15 at the time, but I remember the parents having to pick ping pong balls to figure out where there kids would go to elementary school.  West Brook was formed to force BISD to integrate Hebert with Forest Park and South Park.

Alex Durley was one of these AWEsome individuals to be able to bind the school together and maintain the discipline of the athletes under him.

I went to Lamar with a student from West Brook who graduated that year, and he had some great memories of his senior year.

BISD should still be counting their blessings for what Alex Durley, and his athletes did.

If West Brook would have not succeeded so soon, it would have been an ugly situation.

Winning state the first year West Brook was in existence bonded the students of West Brook and helped the school gel.

Lets not forget what French did a few years later.

My main point is that schools should not be shut down just to consolidate athletic talent.

Lets look at why West Brook was formed....

Basically Beaumont ISD was segregated (in the 1980's!!) by the Federal Government.

I was only 15 at the time, but I remember the parents having to pick ping pong balls to figure out where there kids would go to elementary school.  West Brook was formed to force BISD to integrate Hebert with Forest Park and South Park.

Alex Durley was one of these AWEsome individuals to be able to bind the school together and maintain the discipline of the athletes under him.

I went to Lamar with a student from West Brook who graduated that year, and he had some great memories of his senior year.

BISD should still be counting their blessings for what Alex Durley, and his athletes did.

If West Brook would have not succeeded so soon, it would have been an ugly situation.

Winning state the first year West Brook was in existence bonded the students of West Brook and helped the school gel.

Lets not forget what French did a few years later.

My main point is that schools should not be shut down just to consolidate athletic talent.

But your main point is a moot one.  PAM was created because the low numbers didn't support 3 high schools.  At WB's height, the had over a 3000 ADM in the early 90's.  When PAM was formed, they were the 4th largest behind Humble, KW, Spring, and Westfield.  There's not an ISD in the state with 2800 ADM(the number at the time PAM was formed) with more than 1 high school and I dare anyone on this board to show me.....

This whole thread is stupid.  Of course Hooks or Brooks could do a better job.  No question.  I would like to see somebody, anybody that will instill a certain degree of toughness.  I say now and I'll say till I die, RTG is/was only in it to pad his retirement.  While Colbert was soft in certain areas, RTG has the whole program soft.  Can't run and can't stop the run=softness plain and simple.  Until somebody comes in with a degree of toughness, they will continue to be soft as designer toilet paper

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124