22-4A will end in a coin flip

It's head-to-head first, then points!!  The only reason a coin flip was used during the "Rita" year is because not every team in district played each other.  No way to do head-to-head or points!!!

oh..........i thought after head to head it was a coin flip.   

Ok, I hope thats true, because I would hate to see it end in a coin flip.  I really do not see a situation where there would be a coin flip.  There are so many different scnarios that could play out the next two weeks but everyone I have been able to come up with, there has been a clear head-to-head advantage.

i just dont see a coin flip this year, im hoping for a dayton and lumberton to win out, i wanna see nederland continue the playoff tradition they have but i am a lumberton alumni and i want the better for my team lol dayton is gonna give png and nederland heck and i see them winning extremely close games with these teams its gonna be a wild end of the ride i just hate to see whos gonna fly off

Ok, I hope thats true, because I would hate to see it end in a coin flip.  I really do not see a situation where there would be a coin flip.  There are so many different scnarios that could play out the next two weeks but everyone I have been able to come up with, there has been a clear head-to-head advantage.

IF Dayton PNG and Lumberton win out...their is no clear head to head advantage with the three teams beating each other and it would come down to points scored for and against correct? Two huge, tough games ahead for the broncos.

IF Dayton PNG and Lumberton win out...their is no clear head to head advantage with the three teams beating each other and it would come down to points scored for and against correct? Two huge, tough games ahead for the broncos.

If PNG wins out, they would be undefeated in district....I think you meant Nederland, Dayton and Lumberton. 

one more thing....

scooter, the guys above are right. The only reason 22-4A had the coin-flip fiasco was due to the hurricane rita shortened district season. If I remember we only had 5 district games that year, so without head to head matchups of all the teams they went with the coin "flop".    ;)

Guest maverick24

First it is true NO coin flip.

Second png has no better shot than any of the others, whoever wins out is in. Lose 2 at this point and you go home win 2 and you are in doesn't matter if you are L-Train or png.

Third if there is a 3 way tie at 6-1 Hate to say it but it could come down to how bad Dayton would have beat png.

IMO Ned best chance is to hope Central beats png, I can't see Ned beating Dayton and then L-Train at home. L-Train should be wishing for a win from Ned and png against Dayton. That would give them 3 loses and would lock L-Train and Ned in if both won next week. I just don't see Dayton losing 2 weeks in a row, but they do have the worst schedule remaining of the 4 teams alive Followed by Ned. L-Train has to watch out for LCM and png has to watch out for Central Both of those teams would love to be the spoiler. Next week could bring things to light but  it will probably still come down to week 10. png with a win next week will take one of the three spots, leaving the other 3 to fight for 2 spots! Good Luck and by the way

WHO'S NEXT??

Second png has no better shot than any of the others, whoever wins out is in. Lose 2 at this point and you go home win 2 and you are in doesn't matter if you are L-Train or png.

The "L-Train",,,  is not in the same boat as PNG, your posts sounds like you are arm in arm with PNG. PNG is undefeated. By record you are equal with Dayton and Nederland, by head to head you are equal with Nederland and still have a couple of more games to prove you deserve to be in the playoffs. You may or may not, time will tell. Right now there are 3 good teams that have all expectations of getting those last 2 spots and rightfully so.  ;)

You are right about that... I over-looked that scenario.  Thank you.  In that situation would there just be tri-district champs and points would determine play-off seating of the small schools or would points determine district champions as well?  What a great year this has been and you are also right Mike about Lumberton deserving a play-off spot.  Nothing should be given to anyone... go out and earn it like everyone else.  The only thing for sure is that it is going to come down to the wire.  The most that I hope for is that when Nederland and Lumberton play it will be to determine play-off seeding and not who is in and who is out.  For that to happen Lumberton and Nederland have to win this week.  That is nothing against Dayton, but the suspense is killing me.  I do not care if we go in as two or three just as long as we make it.  This is the season of streaks.  Either they continue or they break.  Whoever makes it, it will be deserving!

I meant Dayton and Lumberton...my bad

3 teams finishing at 6-1 would be no clear head to head favorite.

According to tvc184....

If it is a 3 way tie with PN-G, Dayton, and Lumberton.....

The point spread doesn't matter....

PN-G is automatically division 1 champs.

Lumberton beat Dayton so they get the #2 seed and Dayton is #3...

IF.....

You went on points....

If Dayton beats PN-G then they win the point spread and are District Champs.

PN-G has the largest enrollment so they go division I.

Lumberton would be third in the point spread so they would be the second seed in the playoffs....

To me....

The point spread should go first to "crown" the district champs.

Then the enrollment counts to figure out who is division I.

Both scenarios don't effect PN-G's placement...

But...

In one scenario Lumberton is #3 seed and in the other Dayton is the #3 seed...

To me....

The point spread should go first to "crown" the district champs.

Then the enrollment counts to figure out who is division I.

The District Championship is about pride only since it does not have an effect on the playoffs. If three teams tie at 6-1, then they are co-champions unless one of the teams beat both other teams. That scenario can't happen this year. In the days that the district champion was the lone playoff representative it meant something other than pride. I don't think 22-4A awards a district championship based on point spread. They are all just Co-Champions.

In the last 8 years, Nederland has made it to the quarterfinals 3 times and the semifinals once without having won an outright district championship although they were co-champions. Some of those times they were playing when the "District Champion" was sitting at home.

The District Championship is about pride only since it does not have an effect on the playoffs. If three teams tie at 6-1, then they are co-champions unless one of the teams beat both other teams. That scenario can't happen this year. In the days that the district champion was the lone playoff representative it meant something other than pride. I don't think 22-4A awards a district championship based on point spread. They are all just Co-Champions.

In the last 8 years, Nederland has made it to the quarterfinals 3 times and the semifinals once without having won an outright district championship although they were co-champions. Some of those times they were playing when the "District Champion" was sitting at home.

If dayton wins out

Lumberton wins out

and PNG goes 1-1

that scenario will happen. Or do you mean the scenario of one team beating the others?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami