Beaumont United 65 Nederland 33/FINAL

• WOSgrad changed the title to Beaumont United 65 Nederland 33/FINAL
7 minutes ago, KF89 said:

5A Nederland was 13-0 coming into United game with 7 wins over mediocre 4A teams. Playing those type teams pre district every year does not prepare your team well for district or playoff games versus strong teams like United.     

Point taken but it’s really tough to prepare for BU when there are no teams which compare with BU around here this year.   Tough to prepare for that kind of talent without facing that kind of talent.  And no one else around here has it.  They are quite simply going to blow the doors off of most of the teams they will play.  

7 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Point taken but it’s really tough to prepare for BU when there are no teams which compare with BU around here this year.   Tough to prepare for that kind of talent without facing that kind of talent.  And no one else around here has it.  They are quite simply going to blow the doors off of most of the teams they will play.  

True...The only team I can think of around here is Atascocita and maybe Hightower, the private school in Houston...Is not to many teams in the state with that talent specially in 5A..

6 minutes ago, D3zii said:

True...The only team I can think of around here is Atascocita and maybe Hightower, the private school in Houston...Is not to many teams in the state with that talent specially in 5A..

BU is good but the following schools would give them an L

6A: Shadow Creek, Summer Creek, Atascocita, Westfield, Klein Forest, Elkins and Legacy SSS 

5A: Hightower, Manvel

4A: Faith Family

6 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

6A: Shadow Creek, Summer Creek, Atascocita, Westfield, Klein Forest, Elkins and Legacy SSS 

Atascocita, Shadow Creek and Maybe Faith Family But United would also hand them an L...Its definitely not a for sure....The other ones I think United would win...Only team i haven't seen is Legacy SSS

Also are you just doing Houston Area?? cause if not you definitely missed A few like Duncanville 

7 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

You may be right.  But Hicks has them only behind Atascocita and Elkins on his latest ranking.   My guess is the true answer is somewhere between his and your estimation.   Good news is we will get our answer on the Hightower/BU issue.  

On another note, can you imagine how many championships your Lions would have if they had a coach like Brian English of Nederland or even Coach Green of BU?   Might have been scary.  

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

Atascocita, Shadow Creek and Maybe Faith Family But United would also hand them an L...Its definitely not a for sure....The other ones I think United would win...Only team i haven't seen is Legacy SSS

Legacy has a big team with good guard play and again big man in the middle, OK bench. BU would not be able to match up with Legacy size and speed.

1 hour ago, Honest Abe said:

No my bad. You’re right. We should follow rules when counting students or votes! Maybe United should play Sabine Pass next week. Since numbers don’t matter, why not? 

Are you being sarcastic or do you really believe that BISD messed up on the enrollments Turned in?

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

You may be right.  But Hicks has them only behind Atascocita and Elkins on his list.   My guess is the true answer is somewhere between his and your estimation.   Good news is we will get our answer on the Hightower/BU issue.  

On another note, can you imagine how many championships your Lions would have if they had a coach like Brian English of Nederland or even Coach Green of BU?   Might have been scary.  

Yates is Good with Coach Wise, it takes a special individual to coach at Yates.  Don't know how many championship titles Coach English has under his belt or if the kids would play from him at Yates.  

2 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Yates is Good with Coach Wise, it takes a special individual to coach at Yates.  Don't know how many championship titles Coach English has under his belt or if the kids would play from him at Yates.  

Remember the undefeated National Champ Team made up of neighborhood kids went to Yates because of Coach Wise, also Michael Young allowed his sons to attend Yates so they could learn under Coach Wise.  Coach English or Green would not have gotten those players.  The Wheatley alumni is begging that they fire their HC, have Coach English come down to H-Town and turn this Wheatley Program around because from what I observed tonight Nederland won't be representing 5A in San Antonio no time soon. 

29 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

You may be right.  But Hicks has them only behind Atascocita and Elkins on his latest ranking.   My guess is the true answer is somewhere between his and your estimation.   Good news is we will get our answer on the Hightower/BU issue.  

This has to be a joke right? lmao...

26 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Remember the undefeated National Champ Team made up of neighborhood kids went to Yates because of Coach Wise, also Michael Young allowed his sons to attend Yates so they could learn under Coach Wise.  Coach English or Green would not have gotten those players.  The Wheatley alumni is begging that they fire their HC, have Coach English come down to H-Town and turn this Wheatley Program around because from what I observed tonight Nederland won't be representing 5A in San Antonio no time soon. 

You say that like the 'Neighborhood' dont got talent....Where you think thoes big time programs get their kids from. I was just having a conversation on another topic about this...Katy stays going into Missouri City/Alief and getting thoes athletes or even North Shore getting the kids out of Kashmier Gardens

1 hour ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Those teams are gud. But BU is no joke. And those teams will have to bring there A game to beat them.have u seen BU play ?? They are fr !!

11 minutes ago, D3zii said:

You say that like the 'Neighborhood' dont got talent....Where you think thoes big time programs get their kids from. I was just having a conversation on another topic about this...Katy stays going into Missouri City/Alief and getting thoes athletes or even North Shore getting the kids out of Kashmier Gardens

What I am saying is that the neighborhood talent went to Yates because of Coach Wise, don't think Coach English would have gotten the same talent level, those kids probable would have gone else where.  

1 minute ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

What I am saying is that the neighborhood talent went to Yates because of Coach Wise, don't think Coach English would have gotten the same talent level, those kids probable would have gone else where.  

I will grant you Wise is a better recruiter than an Xs and Os guy.  No argument out of me there. 

BU is very athletic that can cover a lot of court. That half court trap was deadly along with the full court press. And to think how young they are is crazy! They may win State 2 out of the next 3 years. It's going to take a special team to beat them. And if they are hitting their outside shot, nobody will beat them. Last night they were not hitting the outside shot and could have beat Nederland by 60. Nederland's guards were very timid and way over matched! Any team that is athletic that can apply full court pressure will give Nederland problems. But no team will be as athletic as BU along with the length. These kid's will be studs by the time they are Seniors. That freshman looks like a Senior now. I was very impressed by BU and can't wait to see them play someone to see how good they really are. I will be at their playoff games. Then you throw in a proven coach like Green this team is scary good! If they stay in this district they may not lose a game the next 4 years. These kid's are really good and I'm sure watching them on a regular basis is pretty fun.

30 minutes ago, Eagle91 said:

BU is very athletic that can cover a lot of court. That half court trap was deadly along with the full court press. And to think how young they are is crazy! They may win State 2 out of the next 3 years. It's going to take a special team to beat them. And if they are hitting their outside shot, nobody will beat them. Last night they were not hitting the outside shot and could have beat Nederland by 60. Nederland's guards were very timid and way over matched! Any team that is athletic that can apply full court pressure will give Nederland problems. But no team will be as athletic as BU along with the length. These kid's will be studs by the time they are Seniors. That freshman looks like a Senior now. I was very impressed by BU and can't wait to see them play someone to see how good they really are. I will be at their playoff games. Then you throw in a proven coach like Green this team is scary good! If they stay in this district they may not lose a game the next 4 years. These kid's are really good and I'm sure watching them on a regular basis is pretty fun.

I think #1 Lancaster will have something to say about that.