WHAT ARE WE (WOS) DOING??????????

Guest Wos Grad 2000

QUICK RUNNING THAT STUPID SIDELINE PASS THAT NEVER WORKS ANYMORE!!! 2 plays Friday Night up the middle and stupid sideline pass. GEEZ ::)

I guess they call themselves running a ball control offense because they didn't feel Silsbee could score much on them which they couldn't. I hate when they call that type of game though...you put too much pressure on your defense.

BALL CONTROL (YES) that is a must for the mustangs. two droped passes and one time giveing the ball over on down inside the 5 yard line.(THATS A NO NO) if all that would not happned  35-6 mustangs. i will say this for silsbee you guys  came to play hard nose football and  my hats off to you. NOW for the play calling NOT GOOD AT ALL silsbee gave the mustangs the middle of the field all night long  its over no looking back next stop JASPER    PS sorry for the spelling it stinks

Guest Wos Grad 2000

You know so little about football that you can't even call the pass what it is.  Yet you feel that you can coach.  Don't you find that a little odd?

i bet you have more than 2 or 3 plays in your playbook though.

Last night was a departure from what we had been doing the last three weeks, when we piled up 129 points (avg of 43). I'm hoping the calls were just uber-conservative, and not an indication of our direction. Still, the defense is as good as it's been since 2000. It took a few years to rebuild after Thompson's brief departure, but if it holds up, it was worth the wait.

Guest Wos Grad 2000

Last night was a departure from what we had been doing the last three weeks, when we piled up 129 points (avg of 43). I'm hoping the calls were just uber-conservative, and not an indication of our direction. Still, the defense is as good as it's been since 2000. It took a few years to rebuild after Thompson's brief departure, but if it holds up, it was worth the wait.

And the playcalling hasn't changed since 2000. >:(

Yes, the defense is awesome once again!!

Yes, the defense is awesome once again!!

I don't know about ya'll, but I get so fired up when we stop a team on 4th down.  And especially at the end zone...I mean, Silsbee was there at like 2nd down and we pushed them back and then held them.  It's just amazing to me to see our kids fight that hard and win....I LOVE MUSTANG FOOTBALL!

This is more like it.  We finally played a team with a few descent athletes and the wonderful mustang playcalling showed back.  Let me tell you something people, the reason I end every post with THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON, is because that is the #1 reason that we win.  Our current oc calls plays like he is trying to run the clock out from the opening whistle every time we play a team with any athletes.  Basically he is putting all the pressure on our defense.  Look what happened the four years Thompson was gone.  The oc tried to do the same thing, except that dc couldn't bail him out.  Look what happens every time we play a team that has athletes, the game is alot closer than it should be.  That basically gives our defense no chance for error.  The unfortunate thing about that is eventually that will cost us our season, just like it has for the last 11 seasons under the current oc.  The only question is who not if.  Who will be this years giddings(06), or silsbee(98), or ozen(03),or unbelievably huffman(EMBARASSING).  I will always stay to the end of every game, because I am a dedicated wos fan, and that is my alma mater, but it is very disappointing to watch this pathetic display year after year.  It's almost time for another gpruitt artilcle in the orange leader.  Good Luck Mustang Players!  THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON!

Guest Wos Grad 2000

This is more like it.  We finally played a team with a few descent athletes and the wonderful mustang playcalling showed back.  Let me tell you something people, the reason I end every post with THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON, is because that is the #1 reason that we win.  Our current oc calls plays like he is trying to run the clock out from the opening whistle every time we play a team with any athletes.  Basically he is putting all the pressure on our defense.  Look what happened the four years Thompson was gone.  The oc tried to do the same thing, except that dc couldn't bail him out.  Look what happens every time we play a team that has athletes, the game is alot closer than it should be.  That basically gives our defense no chance for error.  The unfortunate thing about that is eventually that will cost us our season, just like it has for the last 11 seasons under the current oc.  The only question is who not if.  Who will be this years giddings(06), or silsbee(98), or ozen(03),or unbelievably huffman(EMBARASSING).  I will always stay to the end of every game, because I am a dedicated wos fan, and that is my alma mater, but it is very disappointing to watch this pathetic display year after year.  It's almost time for another gpruitt artilcle in the orange leader.  Good Luck Mustang Players!  THANK GOD FOR CORNEL THOMPSON!

You got that right!

You got that right!

What a lot of people tend to forget is that WOS has always been about defense anyway.  The only exception was two years ago with Beasley.  Granted, I know that we need points on the board to win, but defense has always been the rock that the Mustang tradition has been built on.  Let's just key on that and the wins will come...they have been coming this year.  Not trying to make excuses but even though the Bay City game should not have been lost, it probably shouldn't have even been played.  The Mustangs only had one truly good workout that week because of Humberto.  They had Monday off because they weren't playing until Saturday, they had a workout on Tuesday, (maybe they had one on Wednesday, I don't remember) then were out of school the rest of the week.  They were only able to have a light run-through on Friday.  I would like to play Bay City again (like college...you fail the class, then take it again the next semester and wipe that grade out) this year, but there aren't do-overs in football.  Only looking forward and learning from our mistakes.  I think we have improved since then.....

What a lot of people tend to forget is that WOS has always been about defense anyway.  The only exception was two years ago with Beasley.  Granted, I know that we need points on the board to win, but defense has always been the rock that the Mustang tradition has been built on.  Let's just key on that and the wins will come...they have been coming this year.  Not trying to make excuses but even though the Bay City game should not have been lost, it probably shouldn't have even been played.  The Mustangs only had one truly good workout that week because of Humberto.  They had Monday off because they weren't playing until Saturday, they had a workout on Tuesday, (maybe they had one on Wednesday, I don't remember) then were out of school the rest of the week.  They were only able to have a light run-through on Friday.  I would like to play Bay City again (like college...you fail the class, then take it again the next semester and wipe that grade out) this year, but there aren't do-overs in football.  Only looking forward and learning from our mistakes.  I think we have improved since then.....

I agree that we have improved immensley. Especially on defense AND our kicking game. It was very nice seeing a field goal. Hopefully this will give our young kicker the confidence to go out there and do it some more.

My goodness you guys can be tough/critical.  Could last night have been just a good squad you guys played against?  WOS did exactly what HF did the week before to Silsbee.  Silsbee's offense can be dangerous and quick to score unless you keep it off of the field.  The best way to do that is nickel and dime your way down the field and burn the clock.  If you guys feel it was merely WOS's play calling that kept the score low and not the opponent then you guys won't be going far this year.  Personally I felt it was a good game with both sides ending drives at key points.  The WOS offense was ran just like I would have ran it to win.  It was obvious the coaching staff watched the HF video versus the BC or OF.

Guest Wildcat 08

Examples of under scoring

LCM 6 POINTS......Man LCM is good

Bay City....12 POINTS.....Teams average 35 on Bay City

Hamshire....7 at half? Please

Silsbee..A good team but 17 total....Hampshire totaled 35  on Silsbee.

Good point dude.

Don't be ashamed of losing to Huffman they had a stretch of about 3 years where they were a very good football team.  That Giddings team last year was very good as well.  I saw the 98 silsbee game..you should have won that one.  Not sure about 03 ozen..was that when wells was there?

Guest bleed orange

I have said this time and time again and nobody will listen. No disrespect to WOS but maybe they are not that good.  21 3A is weak this year. Yes they are good enough to run the table in the district but after that, I don't think so. I wish you( WOS) could win state every year but that is unrealistic. I pull for you guys in the playoffs but when you butcher the OC on here because you are not scoreing enough points. Well you are spoiled and someday you will get yours. I understand you are proud and should be. Not every year is a state championship team. Matter of fact those teams come around once every decade. Let it go about the OC because TF could do no better. The coaches don't play the players do.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami