*Orangefield 60 Bridge City 35 Final/Comments*

Guest bleed orange

I thought both sides played their hearts out. Bridge City never gave up. Thats a sign of character. I cannot say enough about the Orangefield kids. When things started going BC's way Orangefield would come right back. Great job on both sides. Also great job by the fans. This has been a tough year for both schools and the fan base was huge last night. Win or lose both communities support their schools.

What I thought was interesting was how empty the BC stands got compared to the OF side.  BC does not and will not support a losing program even if it is football.  I understand that BC is a very young team also but it sure was good to put that kind of a beting on them.  I thinks we will really see how upset the parents will get this week as they second guess everything from who's playing to the music the band plays.

I was at the game last night.  I think at the start of the game the size of the crowds was pretty close (OF might have had a few more). The 2nd half wasnt even close.  In the 4th quarter, from where i was sitting, it looked like Orangefields crowd outnumbered Bridge City by at least 3 or 4 to 1.  I will say that Orangefield, despite being one of the smallest schools in the district, supports their teams very well in most sports.  You wouldnt know they were a much smaller school than their opponent by going to their games, and i would say i'm proud of that.  For anyone that was curious to know just how small the crowd from BC was in the 4th qtr, i took this pic at the end of the game, it was pretty empty....

2943nno.jpg

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder