Officials? How Have They Been This Year?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Officating This Year? How Has It Been?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Officating This Year? How Has It Been?

• Good
    • Average
    • Bad
    • Terrible
    • Great

There are three calls from last week that stick out in my mind.

1. The delay of game penalty on Schexnaider of PN-G. That was plain stupid.

2. I understand the personal foul on Broussard after laying a big hit and walking backwards probably jawing a little bit to the Ned WR, but the next play the Ned WR makes a catch and runs up to Broussard and gets in his face with no call???? In front of the same ref????

3. PN-G kicked it out of bounds and it seems like Ned started on the 30 yard line. Ned kicked it out and PN-G started on the 35. Did Ned have a penalty I missed? It is supposed to start on the 35 right?

2. I understand the personal foul on Broussard after laying a big hit and walking backwards probably jawing a little bit to the Ned WR, but the next play the Ned WR makes a catch and runs up to Broussard and gets in his face with no call???? In front of the same ref????

The players were jacking their jaws all night. I don't see a penalty in that.

In the play you are talking about with the Unsportsmanlike Conduct, the PN-G player made a big hit but then stood over the player and threw out his arms with a "what you gonna to do now" look. He started yelling something at the Nederland player while making the gestures and the ref was right there looking and tossed the flag immediately. I am assuming that it was for taunting which is against the rules under Unsportsmanlike Conduct. The PN-G's player had his back to the PN-G side and they could not see the hand gestures which is clearly against the rules.

Ironic, the holding calls were in the Lumberton and Nederland games.  But I'm not realy worried about it, because it wouldn't have impacted the play.  They were on the oposite side of the play.  Now, the refs are actually ok because in the Nederland game, there were a lot of plays were the Ned recievers and our CBs were both going for the ball, and there was a lot of contact, you know, ned reciever pushing off and our corner touching and fending him off.  Non of those plays drew a flag, which I agree.  Good no call.

The players were jacking their jaws all night. I don't see a penalty in that.

In the play you are talking about with the Unsportsmanlike Conduct, the PN-G player made a big hit but then stood over the player and threw out his arms with a "what you gonna to do now" look. He started yelling something at the Nederland player while making the gestures and the ref was right there looking and tossed the flag immediately. I am assuming that it was for taunting which is against the rules under Unsportsmanlike Conduct. The PN-G's player had his back to the PN-G side and they could not see the hand gestures which is clearly against the rules.

I saw the whole thing and agree with the penalty. But it is not unsportsmanlike to run up to a player and stick your helmet face to face? It is not like he was just jawing which I have no problem with. He went after the PN-G player and got in his face. It was a direct response to the play before. If you call it one way, call it the other. Also, he did not stand there over him. He was kind of walking backwards with his hands in the air. Like I said, I had no problem with the penalty, just call it both ways.

How about PNG's fumble at the Nederland's 10 yard line. The Officals still looking in the pile and a Nederland player stands up with the ball and is running toward the Nederland's sideline holding the ball up in his hands and that is when the Officals call it PNG's ball at the 10.  ??? How about the tie for Bellows pass where the PNG defender and Nederland's receiver both came down with the ball and stayed that way and they gave the ball to PNG. Not complaining just thought both plays were strange.

There are three calls from last week that stick out in my mind.

1. The delay of game penalty on Schexnaider of PN-G. That was plain stupid.

3. PN-G kicked it out of bounds and it seems like Ned started on the 30 yard line. Ned kicked it out and PN-G started on the 35. Did Ned have a penalty I missed? It is supposed to start on the 35 right?

here's the options on a kick OB.1) back up 5 yds and rekick, 2) take it where it went out ( if ahead of the 30) or 3) take it 30 yds from the kicking spot (normally the 40 which gives then the ball @ the 30) If PNG got it at the 35, that must be where it went out..had it gone out on the 25 they would get it at the 30 or back up and rekick  and yes I am an official

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder