West Brook

These guys have a fantastic team this year.  I don't know where they pluck all these athletic 6'5" guys from, but they have a load of them.

I don't want it to sound like I'm selling the Bruins short when I sometimes think out loud about missed opportunities for my Ganders.  The Bruins have a great team and should do the district proud in the playoffs this year.

Guest WBFan09

WB is good but they are overrated imo. PAM sucks and everyone knows that; but I aint crowning Brook just yet.If they run the table in district then I will be a believer.Channelview may have their number this week.

than i guess its a good thing we are playing Sterling  ;D 8)

Stump is doing some good things at West Brook. He's trying to build a championship program. West Brook is not yet where they want to be but that staff and kids there and especially the ones at the sub varsity level is really getting after it to become better.  They were down for about 7 years after the Ozen split. getting back is the challenge. Yes, pana there are more 6'-5" ers on their way. And we will not be splitting our high schools in Beaumont anytime soon. The kids like playing for this guy, he does it the right way.

Also, as a side note Central is now growing in student population and should have a even larger athletic pool to pick from in the future.

Guest WBFan09

kids used to transfer to go to Ozen and Central because they were so athletic and got a lot of recruiting attention but now less are going and our team is growing as well as getting better

WB is good but they are overrated imo. PAM sucks and everyone knows that; but I aint crowning Brook just yet.If they run the table in district then I will be a believer.Channelview may have their number this week.

We will be in PA next week to disprove your theory.  The balance of our offense makes it better than last years. The speed of our defense makes it better than last years.  And the fact that we had those let downs last year against Channelview and Humble has taught this years Bruins the lesson of playing hard every week.  Our team is not overrated, if anything they are flying under the radar to everyone but southeast texas.

Guest WBFan09

We will be in PA next week to disprove your theory.  The balance of our offense makes it better than last years. The speed of our defense makes it better than last years.  And the fact that we had those let downs last year against Channelview and Humble has taught this years Bruins the lesson of playing hard every week.  Our team is not overrated, if anything they are flying under the radar to everyone but southeast texas.

well put Yeoj...i agree

Guest WeedBegone

Nice to hear some outside support for WB.  They are not necessarily overrated but i do agree that after district the teams they will have to go through will be much tougher.  The Houston area is loaded with talent.  What impresses me is how much Stump gets for his buck from the way he utilizes his talent.

Having a son that played for him during his first year gives much insight to his accomplishments.  

1st--his college experience as both player and coach enables him to coach these kids a the highest level possible.

2nd--he has an awesome staff that coaches very efficiently during the week and more so during the games.  WB players never watch the game from the sidelines.  When they come off the field they line up on the bench and constantly adjust all game long. Stump is a good manager but he lets his staff do their jobs.

3rd--unlike the past---his teams are well disciplined on and off the field.  My wife is a teacher at the Brook and is well aware that these players are required to adhere to making their grades and abide by the rules.  If a player challenges the system and tries to be treated special, rather than sending them to the principlal--a coach is always ready and willing to address And this player will return to the teacher with a sincere apology for their actions.  A  very instumental player (now playing D1 ball) last year missed an entire week and game last year just for being seen with the wrong company. He was also in much better physical shape when he returned if you know what i mean. No exceptions by the WB coaching staff. No player is considered more valuable as an individual than the team itself.  I believe this shows up on the field.

4th--Stumps game plan is multi-threaded and never looks the same.  The play-book resembles a set of enclyclopedias.  It is complicated which is why they appear to be better each week.  One set of films will not help scout this team.  

5th--And yes, Stump appears to see validity to keeping players playing at the JV level instead of dressing them up to sit and watch the geme.  There is  rarely any excess or unusable baggage on his sidelines on Friday night.

6th--His trainer is also very instrumental to this team and is treated as part of the staff.  Atheletes today need a good dependable and experienced trainer.  I believe WB has one of the best and probably could be considered as the hardest worker day in and day out.  The hours this guy puts in are invaluable to the health and well being of these players.  

7th--finally--the parents each year are aware of their role.  Keep your kids enrolled and passing and parents are welcome to watch from the stands while he agrees to keep his staff and players on the field. Its made obvious that he plans to distance himself from parental advice regarding coaching. I admire this the most.

Sorry for the long entry--but lots of area teams could benefit from this philosophy.  Its run more like a program than just a team.  What also amazes me, is the success WB has in spite of a BISD budget.

Respectfully submitted

WeedBegone

haha love the BISD budget input...sadly, its very true

Nice to hear some outside support for WB.  They are not necessarily overrated but i do agree that after district the teams they will have to go through will be much tougher.  The Houston area is loaded with talent.  What impresses me is how much Stump gets for his buck from the way he utilizes his talent.

Having a son that played for him during his first year gives much insight to his accomplishments.  

1st--his college experience as both player and coach enables him to coach these kids a the highest level possible.

2nd--he has an awesome staff that coaches very efficiently during the week and more so during the games.  WB players never watch the game from the sidelines.  When they come off the field they line up on the bench and constantly adjust all game long. Stump is a good manager but he lets his staff do their jobs.

3rd--unlike the past---his teams are well disciplined on and off the field.  My wife is a teacher at the Brook and is well aware that these players are required to adhere to making their grades and abide by the rules.  If a player challenges the system and tries to be treated special, rather than sending them to the principlal--a coach is always ready and willing to address And this player will return to the teacher with a sincere apology for their actions.  A  very instumental player (now playing D1 ball) last year missed an entire week and game last year just for being seen with the wrong company. He was also in much better physical shape when he returned if you know what i mean. No exceptions by the WB coaching staff. No player is considered more valuable as an individual than the team itself.  I believe this shows up on the field.

4th--Stumps game plan is multi-threaded and never looks the same.  The play-book resembles a set of enclyclopedias.  It is complicated which is why they appear to be better each week.  One set of films will not help scout this team.  

5th--And yes, Stump appears to see validity to keeping players playing at the JV level instead of dressing them up to sit and watch the geme.  There is  rarely any excess or unusable baggage on his sidelines on Friday night.

6th--His trainer is also very instrumental to this team and is treated as part of the staff.  Atheletes today need a good dependable and experienced trainer.  I believe WB has one of the best and probably could be considered as the hardest worker day in and day out.  The hours this guy puts in are invaluable to the health and well being of these players.  

7th--finally--the parents each year are aware of their role.  Keep your kids enrolled and passing and parents are welcome to watch from the stands while he agrees to keep his staff and players on the field. Its made obvious that he plans to distance himself from parental advice regarding coaching. I admire this the most.

Sorry for the long entry--but lots of area teams could benefit from this philosophy.  Its run more like a program than just a team.  What also amazes me, is the success WB has in spite of a BISD budget.

Respectfully submitted

WeedBegone

well said

very good WeedBeGone, everything you said was true!!!!On another note, the only ones that think Brook is overrated seem to be the folks from Lumberton. They are on a high right now and are playing well, but I'm here to tell ya, Brook is NOT overrated. In fact were probably the most unnoticed team on a statewide level, and if we were to line up against ya'll, you'd see just how overrated we are! ;D

Guest WBFan09

very good WeedBeGone, everything you said was true!!!!On another note, the only ones that think Brook is overrated seem to be the folks from Lumberton. They are on a high right now and are playing well, but I'm here to tell ya, Brook is NOT overrated. In fact were probably the most unnoticed team on a statewide level, and if we were to line up against ya'll, you'd see just how overrated we are! ;D

your right West Brook is widely unnoticed statewide...i think the Brook is suffering for the majority of the district being weaker teams

hey 82, look at my post the thread about area poll,ranking area teams: i have tha brook at # 1. best team in area,with 4 or 5 teams pretty close,wos is in that 4 or 5.  stump looks like rt. man for job. my girl ran track with the

bmt track clubb & i met some classy people over their. some fine young men

with some athletic ability,grt athletes. brook has good shot at going to3 gms

deep in playoffs & maybe deeper,who knows.stump could put together a

monster their at the brook, if let alone. good luck  WB. hey is shane mc

playing & if so how is he doing.

Guest WBFan09

Yes Shane is back finally.  Blake, Marcus, and he rotate at the defense end spots.

cant leave out Kenny Allen he gets lost in the shuffle with all those stars around but he is a supremely good DE

Guest FPHS 78

your right West Brook is widely unnoticed statewide...i think the Brook is suffering for the majority of the district being weaker teams

man, i say the district is weak, my karma got smacked.........one thing i worry about WB is pass defense...i've yet to see a Stump defense do real well against a true passing team ..WB or Kelly

Guest Robert Plant

man, i say the district is weak, my karma got smacked.........one thing i worry about WB is pass defense...i've yet to see a Stump defense do real well against a true passing team ..WB or Kelly

I don't think you worry too much about WB. Pass defense or not, they get W's my friend...... 8)

Guest FPHS 78

I don't think you worry too much about WB. Pass defense or not, they get W's my friend...... 8)

sure i do.....gotta root for somebody on kelly's bye weeks.and it sure as h*ll aint gonna be mid county or lumpton

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami