Silsbee At WO-S Predictions?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realize you guys say the same things with every team Wo-s plays, It''s like your scared to say yeah Wo-s is gonna blow this team out. I know anybody can win a game, but let's be realistic. Wo-s should blow Silsbee out. People are always saying when they say can this team stay close to Wo-s and it's always based on Wo-s being able to stop someone's offense...I will never worry about what their defense does. The fact that they haven't given up more than 15 points to any team this year should tell you that we don't have to worry about being able to stop Silsbee or many other teams. The real question is can Silsbee stop Wo-s offense. They have given up alot of points this year and if they can't stop teams like Png(who I don't feel have a better offense than Wo-s) They won't be able to stop us. We have finally started to use all of our weapons on offense...teams can't just key on Depauldrick so that makes us dangerous. I'm bold enough to say that I don't feel this game will be close at all.

as a mustang fan i try to be humble and give respect to the other teams.  we haven't been winning all these years by being over-confident.  confident-yes, but overconfident-no.  i understand what ur saying, but i would rather the team prepare for each game like we were playing the #1 team in the state.  than believing we are going to "blowout" someone.

Do you realize you guys say the same things with every team Wo-s plays, It''s like your scared to say yeah Wo-s is gonna blow this team out. I know anybody can win a game, but let's be realistic. Wo-s should blow Silsbee out. People are always saying when they say can this team stay close to Wo-s and it's always based on Wo-s being able to stop someone's offense...I will never worry about what their defense does. The fact that they haven't given up more than 15 points to any team this year should tell you that we don't have to worry about being able to stop Silsbee or many other teams. The real question is can Silsbee stop Wo-s offense. They have given up alot of points this year and if they can't stop teams like Png(who I don't feel have a better offense than Wo-s) They won't be able to stop us. We have finally started to use all of our weapons on offense...teams can't just key on Depauldrick so that makes us dangerous. I'm bold enough to say that I don't feel this game will be close at all.

Tam, I'm just curious, but does WO-S and PNG run the same type of offense? Also, does WO-S and PNG have the same type of athletes?

I also remember people saying these same things last year before we played Silsbee because they nearly lost to HF last year. Do you remember what happened?

Tam, I'm just curious, but does WO-S and PNG run the same type of offense? Also, does WO-S and PNG have the same type of athletes?

I also remember people saying these same things last year before we played Silsbee because they nearly lost to HF last year. Do you remember what happened?

Wo-s definately have better athletes than Png in my opinion which is my point. If you can't stop a team who isn't athletic and your suppose to be athletic, then how are you going to stop an athletic team? I know it's not good to be over confident and I don't think we have to worry about our guys being that...the Wo-s coaches won't allow them to be that. I don't care what kind of offense Png ran, I'm sure our coaches did their homework and if they saw that Silsbee couldn't stop the run, then what do you think their game plan will be. That's the great thing about Wo-s and the way they have been for some years now, they aren't one dementional. We can run on you or pass on you, we can beat you with the short pass because of our speed or we can beat you deep. Of course they can be off with their passing as we have seen this year, but that's why it's good that we're not one dementional. If one thing isn't going right on offense, we can go to several other things to beat you. I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Silsbee...I know they have a good team. I just feel if Wo-s goes into a game and play good football and not turn the ball over all night they can beat any team in this area. Most teams can't say that. Many can play a perfect mistake free game and still get blown out.

To me, it's all about matchups. I tend to believe that Silsbee matches up better with teams like WOS than they do with teams like PNG, HF, Splendora, and Lumberton. I think WOS had better athletes last year and the Tigers gave them all they wanted, came very close to winning that game. I agree, WOS defense is better this year than last, but their offense is not as potent as last year's either. It's a wash in that aspect, but I will go with a better defense than an offense any day.

I believe the game will be close and not a blowout. But, I have been wrong before. Just not very often. ;D

To me, it's all about matchups. I tend to believe that Silsbee matches up better with teams like WOS than they do with teams like PNG, HF, Splendora, and Lumberton. I think WOS had better athletes last year and the Tigers gave them all they wanted, came very close to winning that game. I agree, WOS defense is better this year than last, but their offense is not as potent as last year's either. It's a wash in that aspect, but I will go with a better defense than an offense any day.

I believe the game will be close and not a blowout. But, I have been wrong before. Just not very often. ;D

I agree with you pretty much all-around. The reason our D makes me confident that we'll pull this out is not just that they are more fundamentally sound, but downright mean. I can't remember the last time we had this many sacks in an entire season, much less just the first six weeks. We probably had 10 last week, six against Bay City, four or five against Kirbyville, several against HF... It could go either way, but if I had the money to bet on our D, I'd slap it down.

Good luck to everyone and be careful!

Man, this is the last time I go on a trip.  Good lord..

WOS is WOS.  We know this.  Silsbee has nothing to prove.  Young players, new offense?  There are

going to be mistakes.  (I.E. PNG for all of you experts)  Keep doing what you do Tigers.

WOS will not underestimate you so they will run the ball up the middle.  No secret.  Like last year if you can get them off the field then you will have your chance.  Make the most out of it.

If you don't, well???

I will be there along with the rest of Silsbee rooting you on.  It will be a good game. 

See Ya there 'Stangs!  ;)

Guest Chaingang Defense

Silsbee will match up well with us but NO WAY do they are anyone else score 30 on this Defense. For the next 3 years after this year as well. This Defense is mainly JR's. Coach Thompson will make QUICK adjustments is just 1 TD is scored on the Chaingang.

Silsbee will match up well with us but NO WAY do they are anyone else score 30 on this Defense. For the next 3 years after this year as well. This Defense is mainly JR's. Coach Thompson will make QUICK adjustments is just 1 TD is scored on the Chaingang.

I agree.  I don't think they will score more than one touchdown, IF they score that.  The Chain Gang has tasted the sweetness of the shut-outs and I am hoping they are hungry for more.  I know it's a long shot to predict a shut out and may be wishful thinking on my part but....

However, THIS is the year they were supposed to be rebuilding.  There are a LOT of young, inexperienced players on the team.  Heck, Coach Thompson was STILL moving people around two weeks ago, trying to find the best fit for the players, when most defenses (and WOS' especially) are already set way before now.  We as Mustang fans expect MUCH.  We know going into a year that it is a "down" year, yet we are so disappointed and so critical when we lose in the second round of the playoffs.  LOL...There are teams and coaches across the state who have never experienced post-season play and we have been fortunate enough year in and year out to participate in the excitement and spirit of the playoffs.  We EXPECT to win and I think that attitude transfers to our players and they go into the games with that attitude.  I guess that accounts for the tremendous disappointment that we feel when we do finally lose.

Anyway...Go Stangs...Beat the Tigers....

Yes, that's what I've been saying.

This is the match up i'm excited about. A long with the Jasper game. These three teams will be locked up for years to come as long as they stay in 3A. These two have fine looking QB's. Both are tall, fast, strong arm, and can manage the clock well. The RB's are good ones too. WO-S RB are fast and thick, good running in the middle and like to bounce at to the out side. Silsbee RB are fast and quick. One step there there the next step there not, like the out side and not scared to run in the middle. The WR are what I think will make the game. Not by numbers they put up, it may be more than the past, but by what they do away from the ball and there blocking skills. Silsbee may have a bigger O-line, but the stangs line don't get pushed around at all. On the defense well everybody know the chaingang. Here WO-S D-line is a step or two ahead of Silsbee, but Silsbee has a good rotation whitch should help out in the fourth quarter. The linebackers do a good job for both teams, fast to the ball and solid hitters. The secendary I think Silsbee has a upper hand in maybe half a hand. Both are fast and cover and tackle good. This is JMO and for fun hope I didn't upset anyone. These two teams have young players that will be playing each other on the varsity level for the next three years. I like the match up alot. Win or lose. I hope for a good, safe game. Good luck. Me i'm pulling for the Tigers. Go Tigers!!! 

This is the match up i'm excited about. A long with the Jasper game. These three teams will be locked up for years to come as long as they stay in 3A. These two have fine looking QB's. Both are tall, fast, strong arm, and can manage the clock well. The RB's are good ones too. WO-S RB are fast and thick, good running in the middle and like to bounce at to the out side. Silsbee RB are fast and quick. One step there there the next step there not, like the out side and not scared to run in the middle. The WR are what I think will make the game. Not by numbers they put up, it may be more than the past, but by what they do away from the ball and there blocking skills. Silsbee may have a bigger O-line, but the stangs line don't get pushed around at all. On the defense well everybody know the chaingang. Here WO-S D-line is a step or two ahead of Silsbee, but Silsbee has a good rotation whitch should help out in the fourth quarter. The linebackers do a good job for both teams, fast to the ball and solid hitters. The secendary I think Silsbee has a upper hand in maybe half a hand. Both are fast and cover and tackle good. This is JMO and for fun hope I didn't upset anyone. These two teams have young players that will be playing each other on the varsity level for the next three years. I like the match up alot. Win or lose. I hope for a good, safe game. Good luck. Me i'm pulling for the Tigers. Go Tigers!!! 

I wouldn't ever give anyone an advantage over WOS in the 4th quarter. We are known for our conditioning.

I wouldn't ever give anyone an advantage over WOS in the 4th quarter. We are known for our conditioning.

That's what we hear about is WO-S conditioning. Wasn't giving an advantage over any thing just saying that it helps US out that's all. Everybody can put all the ifs out on the table that they want and we have seen alot on this thread but the best part still has to happen. Play the game.

Last year was a good game, but WOS should have won by much more i believe. If i recall correctly it was SHS' homecoming and it had rained prior to the game. Dont get me wrong silsbee came out fired up in which they should have. This year its at WOS and the field is primed for a good head to head game between the schools, but i say WOS wins by 3 scores. Silsbee will score twice, either being 2 td or td-fg

WO-S get ready for a good game. I hope yall dont come in thinking its going to be a easy win. obiously the stangs take the tigers to be a little punk  team . We will find out tonight

You hope the mustangs dont think its an easy win then you say the mustangs think silsbee is a punk team?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami