Who Do You Want To Play In Non District Starting Next Year?

5a Westbrook vs Katy, Elsik, Hasting, Cinco Ranch, North Shore, maybe even El Paso team (meet in Austin/ SA)

4a Ned or Png vs Stephenville, Aledo, Cove, Kerrville,

3a WOS vs Cuero, (yes I know this will happen in round 2) Giddings, Celina, P. Point, Greenwood, Sinton, Sealy,

2a 24-2a vs mart(i know they see them in round 2) Tatum,Comfort, Blanco, Schulenburg

Private- Kelly vs Dayton (maybe), Lumberton (maybe), Diboll (maybe),for private schools Strake

I had a nephew on the Sealy team for the last couple of years.  When it came time to renew schedule games two years ago, I asked my nephew to ask his coach at Sealy if they could play WOS.  Nephew said coach looked at him like he was crazy and basically said, "It ain't gonna happen."  However, they do have a new coach there this year, so who knows?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like who WH plays in preseason as far as Kountze, Warren, Groveton, and Hardin. I'd like to see them add Deweyville to the pre-season schedule. This was always a good game, with very few lopsided wins in their long history of playing one another. This was as close to a rivalry as WH had to HD, though Warren, Kountze and Hardin are pretty close. Also, the last 6 times or so EC and WH played, I think they split the series 3-3. This would be my second choice as a team to add. So:

1. Deweyville

2. East Chambers

3. West Sabine

i would love to see the stangs play west brook.  i know the numbers are way in west brooks favor, but i think it would be a great challege for the stangs.  i seriously doubt stump would agree to play a 3a school and that's understandable.  by the same token i could understand hooks not wanting to schedule a 5a school.  i still would like to see it, though.  to be realistic i would love to see nederland and png back on our schedule.  those games always bring huge crowds, big plays and heart stopping moments.     

the teams i most want to play are lee and sterling, there rigt down the road and if theyd start playing more often i KNOW a rivalry would start, we have them big time  our freshman and jv b teams play each other, why not the varsities.....but it doesnt matter seein as how there talkin about movin a couple o teams down to 4a now that there putin the new high school in, wel probly have one of them in our district  ;D ;D

Guest FPHS 78

How would that benefit Wo-s playing a lesser opponent? And before someone responds with "Kelly is good"...they are, but won't be able to hang with Wo-s on the field. Wo-s needs to keep playing good teams in a higher classification. I'd like to see Lamarque added back and or Nederland...I'd like to see an exciting game. We see enough teams at Kelly's level in district. This wasn't a shot at Kelly, but they wouldn't give us enough of a push to get us ready for district.

shah.......I'm not sure WOS would have given Kelly much of a game this year...this is the kinda team that doesnt come around much in private schools..talent,talent and more talent...too bad its heavy with seniors

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder