Nederland 40 Central 29

wow, nederland put on a good show tonight.  they might have something special going on in bulldog country.  maybe we need to think twice about trying to put u guys on the schedule next year. ;D  seriously, great win bulldogs, good luck the rest of the year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I couldn't get on last night.  But I'm here now.  I want to give props to the Bulldogs.  They took the huge first half lead, and held on for the win.  That QB, Bellow, is a player.  He's young, but he stands tall and throws a tight spiral.  Even When our defenders got to him to hit him, he gets back up and didnt' get rattled, till the second half. :).  Obviously, Nederland did their scouting, because they didnt' want to kick it to our returners, but they kick it to the players that didnt' know what to do.  Killing me!  They had good field position most of the time in the first half, taking advantage of turnovers and scoring early and often.  Nederlan also waited to see what defense we set up in and then changed the play before snapping the ball.  Great coaching, guys. Now, to my Jags.  They will be ok.  Started off very flat, but ended up in the second half playing on a level I didnt' think they would compete on.  Coaching was crisp, players made plays, defense started making good tackles and most importantly, no turnovers except that safety.  I felt like our last drive, we couldn't have been playing with more urgency and I felt like we should have went for it on 4th and 5.  We had the momentem, they were on their heels.  The coach probably was hoping for a turnover in our terretory.  I didnt agree with this, since the defense played lights out to get us back in the game.  Nederland will be a force in these playoffs.  A guy on the call in show asked me if I think this is the best Nederland team in a while.  I said no.  Not knocking this one, but that team with Hood IMO was better.  If we play the Lumberton game on the level as the second half, we should get an easy win.  Nederland is no doubt the front runners in this district.

Agree with you on the Hood team... at this point.  But, I think what we have in Nederland right now is a group that is still getting better.  Mike East has said it many times on this board and others, that this could be a special team.  Reason is they are still young, the o-line is just starting to click, our QB only has three games under his belt, his learning curve appears to be VERY STEEP.  We have some very talented WR's that continue to gel with the soph... and the defense is playing solid.  Offensively this team is far from tapped out in terms of what they can do... this team appears to be on a mission... it would appear the leadership from within that team is OUTSTANDING.  Hope they continue to get after it and stuff these board posts and newspaper clippings in their drawer for after the seasons work is done.

Great win for the Dogs, to say the least.  I guess the second guessing is human nature, and for what it's worth I would have rather seen us run at least once on the late 3 and out.  However, let's look at that in retrospect.  On first down, Nederland rolled Bellow out and was looking for a big play IMO.  Central got good pressure on him forcing him to throw the ball away, but Broussard was wide open down the left seam and had Kirby not been under so much pressure and got him the ball, the game would have been over and everyone would be talking about how much they loved the aggressive play call.  Just imagine what Lumberton posters would have been saying last week if Credeur's aggressive call of going for 2 had backfired and they lost.

Bottom line is I don't care how it happened, but Nederland just beat a very talented football team on the road, by 2 scores, on their homecoming night no less to get to 2-0 in distict.  Central is not going to lose many more games, I'm telling you, unless they let down emotionally.  They flat have some serious speed.

Nederland's offensive line is steadily improving and Kirby is really coming into this own.  He has a very talented stable of receivers and our run game looks improved since our line is getting a better push.  Bass hits holes quickly.  Next week is a big one against arch rival PNG, who is also undefeated in district.

In summary, job well done, Dogs and I have to admire Central's fight.  They did not pack it in.

I will take a Crow Burger with a side of Fries and a large drink please!

gREAT GAME DOGS...  I was out there with my ten year alumni shirt on ready to see my Jags win....  That didn't happen.  There were fdar too many turn overs last night but I like the fight....  Some teams would have rolled over and died but not my Jags!!!!  Great job NED... and I am proud of you Jags... keep on pushing!

If we had Newman and your Qb, lol, man we would be nice...

Soulja..  Thisis the first loss that we've had in recent years that I just don't feel that bad about...  If we would have started the game like we finished it, the outcome would have been different win or lose...  But the fight and heart shown was very impressive!

Great win for the Dogs, to say the least.  I guess the second guessing is human nature, and for what it's worth I would have rather seen us run at least once on the late 3 and out.  However, let's look at that in retrospect.  On first down, Nederland rolled Bellow out and was looking for a big play IMO.  Central got good pressure on him forcing him to throw the ball away, but Broussard was wide open down the left seam and had Kirby not been under so much pressure and got him the ball, the game would have been over and everyone would be talking about how much they loved the aggressive play call.  Just imagine what Lumberton posters would have been saying last week if Credeur's aggressive call of going for 2 had backfired and they lost.

Bottom line is I don't care how it happened, but Nederland just beat a very talented football team on the road, by 2 scores, on their homecoming night no less to get to 2-0 in distict.  Central is not going to lose many more games, I'm telling you, unless they let down emotionally.  They flat have some serious speed.

Nederland's offensive line is steadily improving and Kirby is really coming into this own.  He has a very talented stable of receivers and our run game looks improved since our line is getting a better push.  Bass hits holes quickly.  Next week is a big one against arch rival PNG, who is also undefeated in district.

In summary, job well done, Dogs and I have to admire Central's fight.  They did not pack it in.

I saw the Central JV play our JV Thursday night. They had 3 guys on their JV that were some of the fastest that I have ever seen. They have got a lot to look forward to as well. I would not surprised to see I think their numbers were 4,5,8 and 91 on varsity this year.

Great win by the Dogs!  I just got back into town, but I was at the game Friday night.  I admit that in the 3rd Qtr, I was on pins & needles, getting flashbacks of the 28-7 lead we had & lost to Bay City in 1998.  Fortunately for us, that didn't happen this time.  :)

Hats off the a very gritty Central team who never quit and showed tons of heart.  You guys will recover & have a great season. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami