Nederland 40 Central 29

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical for them to sit on a lead like that. My only thing is I do NOT understand why you keep throwing and stopping the clock late in the fourth quarter.  On the 2 drives before the last possesion they used about 30 seconds of clock where they could have easily eaten up almost 2 minutes per possession. Central had one time out left. WHY do you not run the ball, go 3 and out running and punt if nothing else. I think it was almost a catastrophe.

A win is a win but as I said in my post before the second half started, I had a feeling it was going to come down to an end like this, I was holding my breath. Very dangerous game of chicken they played tonight.

I was proud to see that Central did not quit, they played hard and almost pulled off an incredible comeback.

Typical for them to sit on a lead like that. My only thing is I do NOT understand why you keep throwing and stopping the clock late in the fourth quarter.  On the 2 drives before the last possesion they used about 30 seconds of clock where they could have easily eaten up almost 2 minutes per possession. Central had one time out left. WHY do you not run the ball, go 3 and out running and punt if nothing else. I think it was almost a catastrophe.

A win is a win but as I said in my post before the second half started, I had a feeling it was going to come down to an end like this, I was holding my breath. Very dangerous game of chicken they played tonight.

I was proud to see that Central did not quit, they played hard and almost pulled off an incredible comeback.

its simple, 2 reasons:

1. thats you guys offense.

2. The score got too close for Larrys liking. (if you catch my drift)  ;)

its simple, 2 reasons:

1. thats you guys offense.

2. The score got too close for Larrys liking. (if you catch my drift)  ;)

We actually ran the ball okay.  But when there are two minutes left, you burn as much clock as you can.  Game ball to the punter for pinning Central back twice at the end of the game.

Lots of armchair quarter backs would say if Nederland tried to run out the clock and go 3 and out... why do that, you've been throwing all night.  Don't go into the prevent offense... you have to dance with what brung ya.  We won by two scores against a good football team... please be happy folks... that was a great win.  It is so dang easy to second guess... I enjoy it to.. but please enjoy the win... it was a big one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83