Best High School Football Players you have ever seen

since youve seen more football than i have, were you at the wimberly game when beasley did absolutely nothing in crunch time? big time players make big plays in big games. end of story.

So why not Long? He was at his best in the crunch. In the Semis he came to the huddle with a smile on his face and said "lets go to State" on that last drive and led that team down the field just as cool as a cucumber to the game winning TD.

He had them 2 yards and 2 seconds short of beating WOS that year as well and against the allmighty Lamarque who was heavily favored he was something like 22-26 250+ and even rushed for 75 yards to blow them away. I'd say that qualifies as "Big Time".

I know I may look like a homer, but the guy was money in HS. Many people forgot that he rushed for nearly a 1000 yards his senior year also.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since youve seen more football than i have, were you at the wimberly game when beasley did absolutely nothing in crunch time? big time players make big plays in big games. end of story.

So why not Long? He was at his best in the crunch. In the Semis he came to the huddle with a smile on his face and said "lets go to State" on that last drive and led that team down the field just as cool as a cucumber to the game winning TD.

He had them 2 yards and 2 seconds short of beating WOS that year as well and against the allmighty Lamarque who was heavily favored he was something like 22-26 250+ and even rushed for 75 yards to blow them away. I'd say that qualifies as "Big Time".

ok, i played against long, he was good, but dont forget he was throwing to two brothers that were pretty darn good themselves. alot of his completions came from deep balls go and  get 'em balls.

Kenneth Hall " The Sugar Land Express " 50-53 I was in 1st grade. Tickets were a quarter and popcorn was a nickel. Wooden bleachers with take home splinters. ABC " Wide World Of Sports " was already picking up on a High School Football Player, on their "THE THRILL OF VICTORY - THE AGONY OF DEFEAT" segment. Remember John Cameron Swayze was selling Timex Watches. . . " Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' ". Who would have thought a High School player on National News in full Black & White. No remote controls on T.V. and "please stand by". Walking 5 miles to School in the snow both ways, one set of shoes. Also Red Grange "The Galloping Ghost" was pretty note worthy. Hang on a minute was that my Grandpa telling me those stories, anyway that's my memory and I'm stickin to it. Top that.

ok, i played against long, he was good, but dont forget he was throwing to two brothers that were pretty darn good themselves. alot of his completions came from deep balls go and  get 'em balls.

Actually the year they went to the Title game the Colburn twins were already graduated. That team had a whole new set of receivers (Baxter, Norton and Lumbley) and I saw every game he played and by no means was he a throw it deep and hope they get it QB. That team ate you up with the slants and crossing paterns.

Guest JoesBros

Chip Ambres, Dez Bryant, Jamaal Charles, and Drew Tate.

Add Leeland McElroy from Central to that!

I though you had left Leeland McElroy out you cant forget him  ;)

Kenneth Hall " The Sugar Land Express " 50-53 I was in 1st grade. Tickets were a quarter and popcorn was a nickel. Wooden bleachers with take home splinters. ABC " Wide World Of Sports " was already picking up on a High School Football Player, on their "THE THRILL OF VICTORY - THE AGONY OF DEFEAT" segment. Remember John Cameron Swayze was selling Timex Watches. . . " Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' ". Who would have thought a High School player on National News in full Black & White. No remote controls on T.V. and "please stand by". Walking 5 miles to School in the snow both ways, one set of shoes. Also Red Grange "The Galloping Ghost" was pretty note worthy. Hang on a minute was that my Grandpa telling me those stories, anyway that's my memory and I'm stickin to it. Top that.

LMAO, OMG I was thinking - just how old are you dude?  And then I get to the memory part.  Still laughing at this end for the post and the memories.  Thanks for keeping this board at the next level, that of enjoyment and tongue-in-cheek.

Let's all watch a game this week and see if any future "Sugarland Expresses" or "Gallopin" Ghosts" are out there.

WOS hater it seems. Beasley did it up until that game. Mac Brown and Co. liked him. Or no they didn't!! They just recruited him.

i guess you don't watch the same team play on Saturdays as i do? #7 won't tackle. and no, i love wo-s football theyre a great program, just don't want certain players held up on a pedestal just because someone might KNOW them.

As a senior 1,468 rushing, 1,928 passing with 46 TDs

As a junior 701 receiving yards, 376 rushing with 15 TDs

Yes I do know Beasley but his stats and his play are what make him a great player - not the fact I have spoken with him a few times.

So he had a bad game? No Hall of Famer even in the NFL has had a bad game?

WOS hater it seems. Beasley did it up until that game. Mac Brown and Co. liked him. Or no they didn't!! They just recruited him.

i guess you don't watch the same team play on Saturdays as i do? #7 won't tackle. and no, i love wo-s football theyre a great program, just don't want certain players held up on a pedestal just because someone might KNOW them.

As a senior 1,468 rushing, 1,928 passing with 46 TDs

As a junior 701 receiving yards, 376 rushing with 15 TDs

Yes I do know Beasley but his stats and his play are what make him a great player - not the fact I have spoken with him a few times.

So he had a bad game? No Hall of Famer even in the NFL has had a bad game?

wow... how many games was that??

Chip Ambres, Dez Bryant, Jamaal Charles, and Drew Tate.

Add Leeland McElroy from Central to that!

I will never forget the day R.C. Slocum lost my respect. Leeland McElroy was giving Notre Dame fits the entire first half but, in the second half, Slocum ran Rodney Thomas and Greg Hill into a brick wall for two solid quarters while McElroy was almost invisible. I will never understand that. Slocum blamed it on his OC after the game but it was too late. Had I been Slocum, I would've personally climbed the bleachers, removed the headset from my OC's ears and yelled as loud as I possibly could "WHERE IS McELROY? PUT HIM BACK IN THE GAME!" It's hard being an Aggie!

14 or 15.

He was quite good but I only talk about him cause I know him  ::)

boy gabe every time i reply to one of your rediculous comments my karma goes down. LOL thats hilarious, almost as funny as you.

Maybe because you never know what you are talking about and always throw out comments from left field when we are talking football?

Would i be out of line mentioning Tramain Thomas among these people. Kid was a one man wrecking Crew during his time at  East Chambers.

no you wouldn't. He may be the best you've seen. I've heard nothing but great things about TT.

Tramain is another name I can't believe has not been mentioned. Great football player and great kid.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics