Would You Coach?

Guest Eagle73

High School coaches get paid around $1.00 an hour for coaching.  I totaled up my overtime hours last year and divided them into my coaching stipend and was totally shocked.

However, I love what I do and wouldn't change it for  a thing. 

But bigstick, there is nothing wrong with professionals trying to better their situation with their employment.  I'm sure that you tell your boss at the feedstore that you'd like a raise every now and then.

High School coaches get paid around $1.00 an hour for coaching.  I totaled up my overtime hours last year and divided them into my coaching stipend and was totally shocked.

But bigstick, there is nothing wrong with professionals trying to better their situation with their employment.  I'm sure that you tell your boss at the feedstore that you'd like a raise every now and then.

Somebody just got OWNED!  ;D

Some coaches are able to get out of it with success but some jarheads like you are stuck without any options. Just saying that if a coach is unhappy then they can pursue other options but your head fogs up when you hear something that makes  sense. Go back to your remedial class and take a seat.

Guest hootiehoo

I can tell you as a coach's wife that my husband had one week off over the summer.  So, the three month thing is a joke.

Like someone said before, any program worth it's salt is going to be working during the summer, during holidays, etc.  The five days at Christmas is mandatory....other than that it's one week during the summer and that's it.

The figures presented earlier aren't right either....health insurance is WAY off and no monetary compensation for leave. 

It's not for everyone, but if you are in it for the right reasons and have a supportive family, it's a great career.

THIS IS NOT A JOKE! I coache both girls and  boys at a very small school and during my first two years there, more than half of my starters parents were on the school board, it went something liket this:

Boys:

#1 -School Board President's son

#2 - School Boad Vice President's son

#3-School Board President's son

#4 - Vice Presdident of the school board's son

Girls:

#2 -Board Member's daughter

#3-Board Secretary's daughter

#4 - Vice President daughter

It was like living in hell for those two years. It's good I enjoyed what I was doing because they could have ruined me as a young coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder