If you ever vote DEMONcrat again

Ty Cobb

14 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Very legit. The natural progression was a moderate to aggressive recovery. Obama's policies reduced the natural progression to a very, very weak uptick due to stifling regulations. Trump removed these barriers, which allowed the economy to flourish. Would you care to offer a refuting causational theory?

Nope. You got it 

2 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

So I guess we’ll ignore the years that led to  2009-10. Lol 

We have laid out many many times what led up to that.  Google Frank - Dodd.  
What is very obvious with you is that you don’t really want to debate this. You want to blame Bush prior to Obama and Trump after Obama but not Obama himself.

4 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

The economy was moving upward before then? 

The economy was moving upward prior to the deep recession of 08-09 precipitated by the sub prime mortgage crisis which eventually brought the entire economy to its knees.  Before you go further with this, take a look at legislation passed before the mortgage crisis called " The community reinvestment act".  This "act" essentially was used to make" evil greedy America" ( who only cared about the "rich") let more people realize the american dream of owning a home .  This was done by forcing financial institutions to lend money to people who were not financially qualified to purchase a home in terms of insufficient down payments, unsatisfactory credit history, and insufficient proof of ability to pay.  Would you care to venture a guess where the genesis of this act is found?   In June 2008, before the crisis, 58% of all US Mortgages were subprime or other low quality mortgages.  Of these 76% were on the books of government agencies such as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.  When these mortgages defaulted in 2007 and 2008, they drove down housing prices and weakened banks and other mortgage holders, causing the crisis.

13 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

We have laid out many many times what led up to that.  Google Frank - Dodd.  
What is very obvious with you is that you don’t really want to debate this. You want to blame Bush prior to Obama and Trump after Obama but not Obama himself.

Yea Obama single handedly wipes out the economy. 

5 minutes ago, stevenash said:

The economy was moving upward prior to the deep recession of 08-09 precipitated by the sub prime mortgage crisis which eventually brought the entire economy to its knees.  Before you go further with this, take a look at legislation passed before the mortgage crisis called " The community reinvestment act".  This "act" essentially was used to make" evil greedy America" ( who only cared about the "rich") let more people realize the american dream of owning a home .  This was done by forcing financial institutions to lend money to people who were not financially qualified to purchase a home in terms of insufficient down payments, unsatisfactory credit history, and insufficient proof of ability to pay.  Would you care to venture a guess where the genesis of this act is found?   In June 2008, before the crisis, 58% of all US Mortgages were subprime or other low quality mortgages.  Of these 76% were on the books of government agencies such as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.  When these mortgages defaulted in 2007 and 2008, they drove down housing prices and weakened banks and other mortgage holders, causing the crisis.

So who’s fault is that? 

26 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Yea Obama single handedly wipes out the economy. 

He didnt wipe it out.  Fortunately, our economy is a very resilient one ( as long as central planning does not become the prime component). He did, however, institute policies that prevented the recovery from being considerably  more robust.  Funny that you sarcastically make that statement and yet imply exactly the same about the Obama predecessor.

Just now, Setx fan said:

My question to you my guy is was it the current presidents fault? 

Mr. Trump was not occupying any political office at the time leading up to or during the subprime mortgage debacle.  You need to stop asking questions and give some answers.    I am sure you dont because you dont have any

4 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Mr. Trump was not occupying any political office at the time leading up to or during the subprime mortgage debacle.  You need to stop asking questions and give some answers.    I am sure you dont because you dont have any

Lmao No my guy, I mean whoever was in office during the Community Reinvestment Act? 

8 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Hugh?  who is Hugh?  Very poor attempt to evade the topic.   Your inference was that George Bush was responsible for the housing crisis.   At the same time, you don't think Obama was responsible for the poor recovery

I was asking you was GWB responsible? 

2 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

I was asking you was GWB responsible? 

No, George Bush was not responsible.  He happened to be the president when 25 years of improper lending finally exploded.  I am done playing the " you question and I answer"  game.   If you don't have anything substantive to offer, it suggests you are ill equipped to have this discussion.

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

No, George Bush was not responsible.  He happened to be the president when 25 years of improper lending finally exploded.  I am done playing the " you question and I answer"  game.   If you don't have anything substantive to offer, it suggests you are ill equipped to have this discussion.

No further questions 😂  Bush just happened to be there while the economy was declining. It was Obama’s fault that the economy had pretty much collapsed by the time he took office. The fact that the economy then began to grow while he was in office just naturally happened and in fact he slowed the growth down. But when Trump took office and the growth caught more momentum Trump gets all the credit for that. Sounds legit lol 

Just now, Setx fan said:

No further questions 😂  Bush just happened to be there while the economy was declining. It was Obama’s fault that the economy had pretty much collapsed by the time he took office. The fact that the economy then began to grow while he was in office just naturally happened and in fact he slowed the growth down. But when Trump took office and the growth caught more momentum Trump gets all the credit for that. Sounds legit lol 

This is pretty much what every legitimate economist has concluded, but yet you somehow try to say it sarcastically. How drole. 

Let's hear you interpretation of what led to the economic fall, rise (or lack of), then explosion in the last 16 years. I have a strong suspicion that you have nothing to offer...just the same old tired "Obama good, Trump bad" mantra. Prove me wrong with an intelligent, well thought out theory. Hell, just wing it. Let's have this discussion analyzing the pros and cons of each. I'm fairly certain your version will not be supported with any modicum of factuality. Please surprise me.

Everybody is blaming this president or that president...yes they do have a lot of influence. 

But I'd throw blame for most things at Congress, especially the last 40 years. Before that the President had much more power, last 20 years the President has been ignored as much as followed.