2020 SETXsports.com Team Previews - LUMBERTON RAIDERS

logo.png

2020 HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PREVIEWSLumberton-619172042.png

LUMBERTON RAIDERS

2019 Record: 7-4 Overall; 3-2 District

Co-Runner Up in District 11-4A-I

The Lumberton Raiders have capped off a couple of seasons with back to back appearances in the area round for the first time in school history.  To extend that streak to three in a row, coach Chris Babin will count on six starters on both sides of the ball returning to fight for the playoffs in new look District 10-4A-I.

COACHING

Head Coach: Chris Babin

Assistant Coaches: Brian Broussard (Offensive Line), Aaron Manous (Quarterbacks), Jason Hopson (Wide Receivers), Derrick Edwards (Tight Ends), Dylan Hunley (Wide Receivers), Bud Boyles (Offensive Line), Chase McDonald (Defensive Coordinator), Artie Trahan (Defensive Ends), James Croley (Defensive Tackles), Corbin Walters (Inside Linebackers), Josh Porter (Outside Linebackers), Andy Brown (Defensive Backs)

OFFENSE

Six starters return to a Lumberton offense that will get out of the Slot T offense in favor of the shotgun in 2020.  Senior quarterback Drake Boykin (2nd team all-district) returns as the Raider triggerman.  Senior running backs Carson Stinnett and Cade Danna return to lead the Lumberton rushing attack which will also feature junior Christian Sellers.  Senior Clay Jenkins will not only help in the rushing game but he will lead the Raider receiver corp which will be fueled by senior tight end Cullen Flowers, senior wide out Hunter Fesco and junior receiver Trevor Hataway.  Junior lineman Cade McKinstry returns to lead a line which will also feature senior linemen Prashant Kumar, Edgar Sapon and Cayden Bayless.

DEFENSE

Six starters return to the Lumberton 4-2-5 in 2020.  Kumar and senior Bo Stucker return to the defensive line where he will be joined by Hataway and junior Hunter Neff.  Senior Cade Danna (2nd team all-district) and junior outside linebacker Dakota Duran return to man to the linebacker position where juniors Colton Orr and Jacob Humble will also be expected to contribute.  Jenkins and Fesco will anchor a Raider secondary that will also feature senior Gabe Williams and Noah Domingue.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Senior Aldo Salinas will do the place kicking for Lumberton. The punting duties will be determined at fall practice.  Fesco and Sellers will be the primary kick returners.

SCHEDULE

Aug. 28 - Houston Waltrip, 7:00 pm

Sept. 4 - Coldspring-Oakhurst, 7:00 pm

Sept. 11 - at Baytown Lee, 7:00 pm

Sept. 18 - East Chambers, 7:00 pm

Sept. 25 - at Brazosport, 7:00 pm

Oct. 2 - OPEN

Oct. 9 - at Livingston, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 16 - Huffman Hargrave, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 23 - at Splendora, 7:00 pm*

Oct. 30 - at Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 7:00 pm*

Nov. 6 - Vidor, 7:00 pm*

STADIUM INFORMATION

Name: Raider Stadium

Address: N. LHS Dr. and Forest Rd.

Capacity: 10,000

Turf: Artificial

Helmet Image Courtesy of texasfootball.com:

This is the hidden content, please

Stadium Information Courtesy of TexasBob.com Texas Football Stadium Database:

This is the hidden content, please

51 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Back to the shotgun.   May be a good move, but switching back & forth doesn’t make things easy.

Have to adapt to your personnel, Nederland under Neumann did it all the time, one year he pretty much ran the wildcat as their offense. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

They played a little of it last year. Not much. I guess it all depends on your personnel. 

39 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Have to adapt to your personnel, Nederland under Neumann did it all the time, one year he pretty much ran the wildcat as their offense. 

This^

All depends on personnel at the high school level. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Didn’t say it couldn’t be done, it’s just not easy.   I would think switching to the Slot T would be a lot more difficult, but I’m just guessing.   I’m no Coach.  But I’ve seen Coaches who wouldn’t adapt at all (teeth grinding).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pipi
    Newest Member
    pipi