*CENTRAL 20 BAYTOWN LEE 14 FINAL/COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what Drake is saying is correct and the ac is not working in the visitor's dressing room and the home dressing room does work...wow.....

I don't even want to think that this fact is actually true. 

Panama, it's true...  That's why Lee had to take their pads off Friday and go sit in their buses while Central could remain in uniform and have chalk talks during the lightening delays.  That's why when the officials said they could start warming up Central could get right out there and Lee had to delay while they unloaded off their buses and got their equipment back on. 

Of course, you missed the game Saturday.  I've never seen a varsity team have to take halftime and do chalk talks outside with the sun beating down on them before.

The thing is, the home and visitor lockers are part of the same building.  Amazing that the A/C is fine on one side, and out of order on the other...

Guest WBFan09

just the way they treat visiting teams is terrible i feel bad that Lee has to play in the same town with them

they will yell stuff at players and im not just talking about football im talking any sport you can think of they are definitley the least deserving of a good sportsmanship award

Let me ask you this, Drake.  Be realistic.  This may be off topic.  But I decided to ask, since you seem to have a problem with BISD and PA.  Do  you think that Lee will beat and blow out Brook and Memorial?  Since yall will make a trip to the Golden Triangle and all.  You know, to play on our slippery fields and our wired press boxes.

just the way they treat visiting teams is terrible i feel bad that Lee has to play in the same town with them

they will yell stuff at players and im not just talking about football im talking any sport you can think of they are definitley the least deserving of a good sportsmanship award

Some Sterling people are pretty rough on the Lee kids.  What's funny is, they turn on each other just as quick.  They had a very talented baseball team last season but there was so much back-biting amongst the parents and players that they barely made the playoffs and got swept away in the first round...

Panama, it's true...  That's why Lee had to take their pads off Friday and go sit in their buses while Central could remain in uniform and have chalk talks during the lightening delays.  That's why when the officials said they could start warming up Central could get right out there and Lee had to delay while they unloaded off their buses and got their equipment back on. 

Of course, you missed the game Saturday.  I've never seen a varsity team have to take halftime and do chalk talks outside with the sun beating down on them before.

The thing is, the home and visitor lockers are part of the same building.  Amazing that the A/C is fine on one side, and out of order on the other...

We talking about football, or an ice cream vending machine in an amusement park?  Come on Drake, get real, man!

Guest WBFan09

Some Sterling people are pretty rough on the Lee kids.  What's funny is, they turn on each other just as quick.  They had a very talented baseball team last season but there was so much back-biting amongst the parents and players that they barely made the playoffs and got swept away in the first round...

exactly

Let me ask you this, Drake.  Be realistic.  This may be off topic.  But I decided to ask, since you seem to have a problem with BISD and PA.  Do  you think that Lee will beat and blow out Brook and Memorial?  Since yall will make a trip to the Golden Triangle and all.  You know, to play on our slippery fields and our wired press boxes.

I have no clue.  I don't know much about Brook or PAM.  I didn't think Lee would win against Central a month ago.  I had my reasons for thinking that way and detailed them on this site's sister site.  I do think Lee will improve as the season progresses and detailed my reasoning for that as well...

The thing is, while I'm a tremendous fan, I won't be personally better if Lee wins and I'm not worse off when they lose.  I understand that.  I'm just a fan in the stands.  Seems like TOO MANY adults identify themselves through their favorite high school team.  That is unhealthy because more often than not those same adults forget that all they're doing is putting pressure on and taking the fun out of it for a bunch of kids, 99% of whom won't get a chance to be part of something that fun ever again in their lives.

So, it doesn't really matter to me if Lee can beat PAM and WB...  They'll do their best.  Because they will, I'd like to see them given a fair shake.  If those things happen when they tee it up anywhere, well, that's good enough for me...

We talking about football, or an ice cream vending machine in an amusement park?  Come on Drake, get real, man!

I sort of agree.  Football players don't need air conditioning!  It really didn't seem to affect Lee that theirs was cut off.  I'm just mentioning it to shore up my contention that the BISD teams will do anything they can think of to give themselves an advantage, and nothing is out-of-bounds.  Everyone knows it, and BISD never disappoints...  Like I said, it's part of the culture...

Guest WBFan09

I sort of agree.  Football players don't need air conditioning!  It really didn't seem to affect Lee that theirs was cut off.  I'm just mentioning it to shore up my contention that the BISD teams will do anything they can think of to give themselves an advantage, and nothing is out-of-bounds.  Everyone knows it, and BISD never disappoints...  Like I said, it's part of the culture...

so what did West Brook do to other teams?

If it's not an ice cream vending machine in an amusement park then why does Central's ac work lol

That's what gets me.

What if Stallworth took away the headsets of the Central coaches, hey this isn't a Madonna concert, what you need headsets for?  then we take away running water, hey man this ain't Hoover dam, what you need water for?  Let's take away the benches, hey man this aint an Opera, what you need to sit down for?

lol

We could go on all day with this.  Point being if Central needs to be babied with some cool ac in their lockerroom, then the opposing team should get the same treatment.  It's absolutely shameless and the fact that you are not condemning it is not very good man, seriously.  Stop the bickering and think about what you're defending.  It's shameless if Central is really doing that on purpose to the visiting locker room.  If they are not doing it intentionally, then say that.  If they are doing it intentionally, don't try to defend it by saying this is football and not an amusement park...that just makes what Drake says that much more believable.  If the community actually condones that...shame on ya...

If it's not an ice cream vending machine in an amusement park then why does Central's ac work lol

That's what gets me.

What if Stallworth took away the headsets of the Central coaches, hey this isn't a Madonna concert, what you need headsets for?  then we take away running water, hey man this ain't Hoover dam, what you need water for?  Let's take away the benches, hey man this aint an Opera, what you need to sit down for?

lol

We could go on all day with this.  Point being if Central needs to be babied with some cool ac in their lockerroom, then the opposing team should get the same treatment.  It's absolutely shameless and the fact that you are not condemning it is not very good man, seriously.  Stop the bickering and think about what you're defending.  It's shameless if Central is really doing that on purpose to the visiting locker room.  If they are not doing it intentionally, then say that.  If they are doing it intentionally, don't try to defend it by saying this is football and not an amusement park...that just makes what Drake says that much more believable.  If the community actually condones that...shame on ya...

If they are it is shameful AND SHOULD BE CORRECTED. I don't know the reason for that. If it's true, then it should be brought up by opposing teams. Their people someone. Babe Stadium for one does not belong to BISD. The school district is leasing it. It belongs to the city of Beaumont. But even at that, that is a correctable problem that should be dealt with.

once again,more crying by lee. oh well that's the norm for them.

that's a crock about how adults wrap themselves up in h.s. football. how we put pressure on the players. you need to stop. this is just another weak ploy to justify your team losing/winning. fans from all over wheather it's nederland,PAM,vidor, the school for the deaf... everyone gets behind the team and have PRIDE.  it's about being proud of where you come from and have those YOUNG MEN,not kids or children,on that field reprsenting YOU,your community!!! so if you don't care,fine. most people on this board are passionate about thier teams because they are proud of what have come out of the community. so when you go out there and half butt,fans do and should take offense to it. i bet you are part of this new era of folk who says everybody wins in little league..BULL CRAP!!! you have a winner and a loser.period. for you to sit up here and say it won't make a difference if lee loses or wins that's fresh puppy poo!!! if that's true,you are NOT a fan of lee. you are just some guy looking at football.do lee a favor and stay home.

Crying by Lee?  How about "crying by Drake"?  Like I said, I don't take my identity from Lee's football team and they certainly don't take theirs from me...  You, on the other hand...  ;D

that's the team you support.you represent them on this board.

No I don't.  And guess what!  There are hundreds of PAM coaches, players, and fans that are thankful that many of us here understand that you don't represent them. 

Kind of what I'm talking about when I talk about people that judge their own worth and the worth of others by the results of the teams they support...

I have no clue.  I don't know much about Brook or PAM.  I didn't think Lee would win against Central a month ago.  I had my reasons for thinking that way and detailed them on this site's sister site.  I do think Lee will improve as the season progresses and detailed my reasoning for that as well...

The thing is, while I'm a tremendous fan, I won't be personally better if Lee wins and I'm not worse off when they lose.  I understand that.  I'm just a fan in the stands.  Seems like TOO MANY adults identify themselves through their favorite high school team.  That is unhealthy because more often than not those same adults forget that all they're doing is putting pressure on and taking the fun out of it for a bunch of kids, 99% of whom won't get a chance to be part of something that fun ever again in their lives.

So, it doesn't really matter to me if Lee can beat PAM and WB...  They'll do their best.  Because they will, I'd like to see them given a fair shake.  If those things happen when they tee it up anywhere, well, that's good enough for me...

You still didnt' answer the question...

That's what gets me.

lolWe could go on all day with this.  Point being if Central needs to be babied with some cool ac in their lockerroom, then the opposing team should get the same treatment.  It's absolutely shameless and the fact that you are not condemning it is not very good man, seriously.  Stop the bickering and think about what you're defending.  It's shameless if Central is really doing that on purpose to the visiting locker room.  If they are not doing it intentionally, then say that.  If they are doing it intentionally, don't try to defend it by saying this is football and not an amusement park...that just makes what Drake says that much more believable.  If the community actually condones that...shame on ya...

This actually cracked me up! :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

um...when you ask a question,  you normaly answer yes or no.   Or maybe yes, but not a blowout or 'heck no, Brook and Memorial will ring us out the dry!

What are you talking about???  You asked me if I thought Lee would beat WB or PAM and I said "I have no clue."  That's was as truthful as I could be.  Perhaps as the season progresses I'll learn more about those teams, see how Lee progresses, and have a more definable opinion...  But for now, I just thought a truthful answer was just that - an answer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83