**WO-S 22 Dayton 14 FINAL/COMMENTS**

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of that. It wasn't an all-out brawl. It was just a few players (and one coach) fighting and others gathering around (including the Dayton bench). I can't believe the coach wasn't ejected - or arrested.

It was happening so quick, I dont think the police saw the Dayton coach attack ours.

How convienent considering the so called attack was in response to a West Orange coach punch on a Dayton player.  It was the worst thing I have seen in a long time from both sides.  It looked bad because Dayton came across the field, but you would to in that situation.  West Orange just put them boys back in their place and it is a wakeup call to Dayton, coaches and players.

How convienent considering the so called attack was in response to a West Orange coach punch on a Dayton player.  It was the worst thing I have seen in a long time from both sides.  It looked bad because Dayton came across the field, but you would to in that situation.  West Orange just put them boys back in their place and it is a wakeup call to Dayton, coaches and players.

If you saw a WOS coach punch a player then you saw something I didn't.

Totally untrue. It happened directly in front of me. I'll have to assume you weren't quite as close. Why were the coaches confronting our sidelines instead of breaking up the fight or sending their backups back to the visitors' side? The punch, which I saw, was not retaliation. Nice try.

I have video of a WOS "pushing" a Dayton player.

The Dayton coach responded to this by "pushing" the WOS coach.

This was an unfortunate episode on BOTH sides that just shouldn't happen at all.

If you are talking about coaches pushing kids back then I saw that on both sides. That was seperate the kids not to harm any of them. Thats what I saw coaches from both sides doing. I didn't see a coach from either side trying to harm a kid.

Let's not make this a bigger story than it was.

I understand that Dayton lost two starting LBs. WO-S lost its most experienced and talented player. Honestly - if a team who is the far-and-away favorite to win its 4A district is too shallow on talent to stop a 3A team's backup RB AND backup QB, then district projections should probably be re-thought. When our second and third RBs and our second QB were in there, WO-S was marching down the field.

Dayton is a strong team, but I think we were evenly handicapped.

Congrats WOS! Comming down from 14-0 and shutting down Dayton in the process was absolutly Awesome. Dayton was jus plain outcoached from my perspective why Dayton came out in the second half trying to throw the ball after running it down WOS through in the first half is beyond me. Good luck to both teams Dayton will work the kinks out as well as WOS and do well this year.

That WOS community just have an outstanding football mindset, mentality etc. The one constant throuhout their success, through asst coaching changes, different athletes etc. has been Hooks. What a great job. He has sold that winning recipe to that community for over 30 years. Job well done against Dayton. Hope to see you play real soon.

Dayton had one running play that was killing WO-S in the first half, the QB draw. The tailback that got ejected only had 16 yards on 7 carries when he left which included one 15 yard run. That one play was fixed at the half and thus, the end of Daytons offense for the night. I will say that, I feel the wet conditions hampered BOTH teams passing attacks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder