Small schools coaches

CATMAN

• 1 month later...

Couldnt have said it any better coach fuller. Your description of Coach Foster's philosophy of teaching life lessons as well as and abundance of basketball skills is superb. He could coach on a higher level as could any coach brought up in this post. His only problem would be having to "choose" who he wants on the V-squad, if you could call that a problem. Coach Foster is without a doubt the best coach in 1A.

I have coached in the Class A schools and now I am in Class 5A. The biggest difference in the classifications I think are experience. When I was coaching in the small schools, you played your sport by season (Football, Basketball, Baseball). The big schools, your kids play a club type ball the entire year. That's why I think kids in larger school have more experience. In smaller schools, coaches have to coach multiple sports (the same way in large schools, except you have more coaches to coach with you). In the small schools, I hated to have to find people to work the gate, keep the book and keep the score. In large schools, people volunteer (and they get paid to do it). There are pro's and con's about both. One thing they both have in common is at the end of the day, you have to have athletes. You have to have kids that will do whatever it takes to win. You have to motivate them. You have to be a good role model for your students. Most importantly, you have to love your job and live each day as if it were your last.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476