Dayton vs WO-S Week 0 Predictions?

When was the last time WOS was underestimated or the underdog. A prediction against WOS should never be considered a dis. I would venture to say nobody underestimates the Mustangs. My prediction is based on the fact that our talent level is up and the will to win against a smaller school that beat us last year. I make my prediction with the utmost respect for WOS. Everyone knows WOS is good team, we just hope to be better.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, i'm glad were not "supposed" to win this game. I think our coaching staff and our players have always excelled as the underdog. I seem to remember quite a bit of the same type of talk last year before this game. I cannot and will not make a prediction because I think it's to close to call. One thing I CAN guarantee is that WO-S will be in shape, they will be prepared, they will play 4 quarters and they WILL bring the hat.

Thats like.....4 things. ;D ;D

Green didn't play, M. Dugat had minimal touches, mostly turnovers turned the tide against us.

There was only one turnover in the game - an INT thrown by Dayton. I don' think  the offensive problems being fixed would have won the game for Dayton. Their D was unable to stop WO-S in the late stages, and the WO-S D was tough last year. Even if those problems were fixed, I don't see them putting up 26 plus. I know what they did to other teams, but none of those teams had our talent PLUS Cornel Thompson coaching last year.

There was only one turnover in the game - an INT thrown by Dayton. I don' think  the offensive problems being fixed would have won the game for Dayton. Their D was unable to stop WO-S in the late stages, and the WO-S D was tough last year. Even if those problems were fixed, I don't see them putting up 26 plus. I know what they did to other teams, but none of those teams had our talent PLUS Cornel Thompson coaching last year.

At that point in the season, Cody Just wasn't ready IMO and the cohesiveness of the Broncos as a whole wasn't up to that of WOS. There is no point in what iffing the situation. Week 0 is week 0 and trying to compare either team in the latter part of the season to week 0 doesn't change the score. You guys ran away with the game for multiple reasons and we'll just have to see how everything plays out this year. Not knowing WOS like I do Dayton forces me to go on what I feel...which is worth about nothing...Dayton by 10.

When was the last time WOS was underestimated or the underdog. A prediction against WOS should never be considered a dis. I would venture to say nobody underestimates the Mustangs. My prediction is based on the fact that our talent level is up and the will to win against a smaller school that beat us last year. I make my prediction with the utmost respect for WOS. Everyone knows WOS is good team, we just hope to be better.

Oh, I don't think we're being underestimated bro... and I don't think we're being dissed. Someone will always be picked to win and someone will be picked to lose. Most people pick Dayton because they won the 4A district last year and they have Green and the younger Dugat back to go along with a winning tradition. I'm not saying that is wrong or right, everyone has an opinion. I'm just saying we have done well in this situation in the past.

I've heard the depth thing about WO-S for longer than I can remember. As long as Cornel Thompson is there, fatigue will not be an issue. Last year, one of the main reasons Dayton lost to WO-S was because WO-S was in better shape. Yes, I was at the game. We won the game in the 4th quarter because the Dayton defense was out of gas. You could see it happening about mid way through the 3rd. If we lose this year it will not be because of depth, it will be because we got beat by a better team that night.

Diamond J, you must be a player... my advice to you would be to be very careful what you ask for. ;)

I am not a player and I don't give two wits about your advice----throw the ball and it is going the other way

Oooh. Sceeeeeeeeeeery.

Last year, our guy completed 65 percent for almost 170 yards and two TDs with no picks. What changed for your D?

The entire pass defense changed after the WOS game--go review our stats after the WOS and you will see---we were beaten by a couple of blown coverages when we last played.

Boy I tell you after watching WOS play BH they have some serious speed and some kids that are not scared to bring the lumber. Should be a  great game and as always many Dayton players with Coaches there checking out the game. Dayton in my opinion has the best Coaching staff in the area.

Dayton may very well win, but I think it will be closer than two TDs either way.

WO-S looked dominating against BH, but obviously that's not a good judge as to how they'll do against a quality opponent like Dayton. I think if I was told we definitely were going to lose a game this year, I would expect it to be this one. However, I said the same thing last year.  ;)

It will be closer than that at WOS's place. As i've said before WOS is 3A you should be favored. ::)

When it comes to WOS and there Class status (3A or 4A) keep in mind that at least 10 or so of their district titles came in 4A classification. WOS is not your average 3A and I think anybody who knows football would agree with that. Any time a team beats WOS they have done something and hopefully after Aug. 31 we can say we have.

Dayton may very well win, but I think it will be closer than two TDs either way.

WO-S looked dominating against BH, but obviously that's not a good judge as to how they'll do against a quality opponent like Dayton. I think if I was told we definitely were going to lose a game this year, I would expect it to be this one. However, I said the same thing last year.  ;)

No where near "Dominating". BH Held there own during a scrimmage of which one of their best players on the team was out and we had a lot more rotating through the scrimmage than WOS has on their whole team.

PS. I know you were fishing for some smack, so here ya go!

Dayton takes this one to the House  ;D

If you didn't see BH get dominated last night then you were asleep in the corner. In the controlled scrimmage WO-S marched up and down the field. BH crossed the 50 once in the game situation and the controlled portions combined (and they were starting on the 30). If you consider keeping us to 3 TD's "holding your own" then I'll give it to you, but please be realistic.

I will admit, I had my doubts going into this season and the games against Dayton and Bay City. After last night I do feel a little better.

I hope every team we play "holds their own" like BH did last night.  :D

Uh oh did I make the WOS SETX board vulturs angry? You guys are so full of crap if everyone doesn't jump up and down and talk about how good the great WOS is then they get gang tackeled. 

Cant wait to see the whinning after Dayton plants a hoof print in Hooks Arse ;D

Go Broncos!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder