Dayton vs WO-S Week 0 Predictions?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will hinge on how well the young corners for WO-S will do against a big QB who threw for over 1,500 yards last year. This could be a high scoring ball game due to this, and, the fact that Dayton only returns 4 on their defensive unit from last year.

In short, both defenses are young. Could be many points scored...

This game will hinge on how well the young corners for WO-S will do against a big QB who threw for over 1,500 yards last year. This could be a high scoring ball game due to this, and, the fact that Dayton only returns 4 on their defensive unit from last year.

In short, both defenses are young. Could be many points scored...

do not underestimate the Dayton defense

No one is underestimating anything. The fact is that they are only returning 4. When you are young, you are subject to mistakes. Especially in the first game. Most people are predicting a Dayton win just based on that, because WO-S will be young on both sides. It does not mean you are void of talent. Both teams will have good athletes.

Hope the weather moves on. This will be a great matchup. @ very well coached programs getting it on the 1st game of the year. I wish we were off that week. I would love to watch this one.

Dayton  21

WOS     28

I'm with DP#1FAN on this prediction. It will be a great game to watch and very close to the end with WO-S coming out on top 28-24.

No one is underestimating anything. The fact is that they are only returning 4. When you are young, you are subject to mistakes. Especially in the first game. Most people are predicting a Dayton win just based on that, because WO-S will be young on both sides. It does not mean you are void of talent. Both teams will have good athletes.

Dayton's defense will be as good as last year---throw the ball this year--please

Dayton by two TD's is not out of the question! Dayton Returns tons this year while WOS lost a lot of STARS not just regular players ,but DIV I talent. I see Dayton by two TD's.

WO-S lost two D1 players the year before as well, but two more stepped up. I'm expecting a similar step-up this year.

Just about everyone we play has more players than we do at WOS. I encourage you to use your depth and give those players significant playing time. More players or not, there is a reason they hold up thier 4 fingers in the fourth quarter and it's not to tell everyone what quarter it is.

I've heard the depth thing about WO-S for longer than I can remember. As long as Cornel Thompson is there, fatigue will not be an issue. Last year, one of the main reasons Dayton lost to WO-S was because WO-S was in better shape. Yes, I was at the game. We won the game in the 4th quarter because the Dayton defense was out of gas. You could see it happening about mid way through the 3rd. If we lose this year it will not be because of depth, it will be because we got beat by a better team that night.

Diamond J, you must be a player... my advice to you would be to be very careful what you ask for. ;)

I've heard the depth thing about WO-S for longer than I can remember. As long as Cornel Thompson is there, fatigue will not be an issue. Last year, one of the main reasons Dayton lost to WO-S was because WO-S was in better shape. Yes, I was at the game. We won the game in the 4th quarter because the Dayton defense was out of gas. You could see it happening about mid way through the 3rd. If we lose this year it will not be because of depth, it will be because we got beat by a better team that night.

Diamond J, you must be a player... my advice to you would be to be very careful what you ask for. ;)

I was there as well and it was pretty hard to watch. There is no doubt that the team WOS played that day was not the team that rolled though 22-4A. Green didn't play, M. Dugat had minimal touches, mostly turnovers turned the tide against us. Conditioning might have been an issue. This year will be different.

As far as I know Diamond J isn't a player, just confident in our secondary.

Being confident is one thing asking for something is another. IMO this is going to be a close game and could go either way. I think the WOS people realize that and thats why you don't hear us talking trash. Things may be different this year but one thing that WOS fans can count on is that we usually win the conditioning battle.

Being confident is one thing asking for something is another. IMO this is going to be a close game and could go either way. I think the WOS people realize that and thats why you don't hear us talking trash. Things may be different this year but one thing that WOS fans can count on is that we usually win the conditioning battle.

there have been a couple on each side. As a general rule I think both sides recognize how this game will be.

Personally, i'm glad were not "supposed" to win this game. I think our coaching staff and our players have always excelled as the underdog. I seem to remember quite a bit of the same type of talk last year before this game. I cannot and will not make a prediction because I think it's to close to call. One thing I CAN guarantee is that WO-S will be in shape, they will be prepared, they will play 4 quarters and they WILL bring the hat.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder