BC overrated?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NothinButTheTruth

look bigred...just because your from BC doesnt mean they arent overated, one of BC's backup pitchers will get their feelings hurt in the playoffs playing a team that can hit, i have a feeling LCM will hit the backup pitchers very well and will dominate the warm up game

Hey NothinButIamFullofIt......................What is your deal??? Are you just mad that BC has been sucessful this year??? Why ya keep hating on BC pitching staff?? Oh wait you must be at home this time of year instead of in the playoffs and are just jealous.......Get over it pal, and with comments like this you will never be thought of as overrated that is for sure.

Its possible that LCM will win the warmup game but they will not dominate. Its going to be a hard fought game from the 1st pitch to the last out made. I look for a low scoring game but anything can happen, especially with the sky opening up today.

Guest etbu

LCM not quite dominated but just smacked BC in the face...evidently im right...a team that can hit will beat BC...yall are just scared to admit it and face the TRUTH!

Sounds to me like BC just had a bad night. Hold your heads up BC and keep it rolling and good luck.

LCM didnt dominate the game but they did out play BC and considering LCM didnt hit to well BC i think got off good just keepin it 5-1. A pitching change was made for BC at the end and the sticks seemed to come alive for the bears. no need for an ehlert/angelle match up... womack was more than enough for the cards. great game though.. im just glad i had a seat.

It was a lot more evenly matched than the score indicated. The hits were basically even, just that BC's mistakes cost them, LCM's didn't. I thought Womack pitched a great game and so did Angelle. Ehlert was dominant to close it out. Until Angelle was lifted, LCM really didn't hit the ball at all (other than the Ehlert bomb). Coleman hit a bomb for BC, had another hit and a line drive out. He swung it good. Both teams have enough positive to take out of this game and get into the playoffs.

Really surprised Angelle went 6 innings. Just being a fan, I would like to have seen Haymond and Stringer throw a few.

Also, LCM threw everyone but Griff last game against Crosby except Elhert. Womack goes 6 tonight.

I believe both coaches treated this like a real game.

I don't understand why he was left so long either. Maybe someone from BC can help. I heard he threw over 120 pitches on a night he topped out at 86 and was behind the entire game. Next week when BC plays and their number 2 or 3 has to throw how long will it have been since they pitched in a game. Weeks?

As to the topic. BC is not overrated. They are probably the number two team in the area. I think that was well established tonight.

It was a great game but let's don't play the enrollment card because BC got beat, tonight they were beat by a better team, with the exception of a great diving play by Hecker at third BC's defense made critical erors at the wrong time and it led to Bear runs, Griff was aggressive and it paid off.

I tip my hat to the Cards and I believe they will make a strong run but they need to play better defense and if they do Austin is not out of the question.

LCM isn't bad either..........

Enrollment??? Is that why you struck out 17 times and had 3hits. LCM is about to play teams with 500-700 more students and you won't here them complain at all. My guess would be PNG and Nederland are more than 416 students bigger than LCM and it didn't slow them down.

By the way how do you have a half of a student?

Where is Bigred tonight. My bet is he will blame this one on the umpires. That is always a good excuse. But the enrollment thing sounds like it could be him. But really I thought BC would win. Hats off to LCM. Clearly the best team if you beat Angelle with your number two. If you get a chance to come to Nederland tommorrow night we could use the support.

3 comments

1) LCM's plan was to throw 3 guys Womack, Ehlert, Dugas

When Schneider went down, Dugas was the only ss left on the roster. I was told that Womack threw his 40 pitches and then threw Dugas' 40. Total was 80.

Ehlert then threw his 25 as well.

2) Can you give us the enrollment for Nederland? Since they are bigger does that mean we should never be able compete with them? I don't even understand why classification was brought into this conversation.

It's our best nine against your best nine each night out, no matter who you are playing. When it is over you don't start quoting enrollments.

3) Fact I am proud of: No LCM pitcher has thrown over 90 pitches this year in a game. I always like to find out counts when games are over.

A good 4-A team played a good 3-A team. LC-M was the better team tonight. Some stats......LCM pitchers 17 K's

BC pitchers 12 K's. LCM offense 4 hits BC offense 4 hits. The most telling stat - LCM received 7 bases on balls, one catcher interference, one hit batsman. 9 free passes are poison no matter what league you are in. Womack pitched a great game as did Ehlert. Angelle is better than he showed tonight and will do very well in the playoffs. Both of these teams have the potential to go deep. Good luck to the Bears and the Cardinals!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami