Hardin-Jefferson 54 Houston Yates 102/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

You are wasting your time on this thread, No one was complaining about the Yates Players or the transfer portal when Silsbee beat Yates 2 years in a row. This is my personal opinion. 

Yes it was still a concern but yates isnt the only focal point.  You are just the ones we are mostly affected by.  None of us agreed with faith family last year.  We know it goes on in Dallas as well.  We have had the same issues for 8-10 years now, did you see as many of us complaining...no,  most knew we had a very special group ourselves.  One that was the best in the state for those  4 years,  and yes i know we werent state champions those four but i am talking about the 4 years as a whole.  

On 2/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, AxeEm said:

They should take that rich tradition to 6A where they belong.  How did Yates fair against the other charter schools on their schedule again???

Yates was 0-4 against those Premier/ Elite Academy Programs this year. Several of the transfers did not play in those games, they were waiting on UIL ruling to play. Coach Wise had an opportunity to cancel those games knowing he would not have his full squad BUT he decided to play against The Elite with several D1 Players And Yes Yates Got The Brakes Bet Off Them. Coach Wise will continue to challenge his players against the Elite Teams. Yates is fully aware of what a beat down feels like 0-4 Beat Downs. 

5 hours ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

Just because they got away with it does not mean it wasn't an athletic move.  Earlier you talk about HJ needing to stop whining, get it in the gym, and get better.  Advocating the addition of players via transfer doesn't support that statement.  Which is it?  Work hard and get better or change your personnel through "players recruiting players?"

I clearly see you have terrible understanding,smh

5 hours ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

would Fannett made the playoffs with no move ins?? 

Lol you guys are really salty huh. Both those kids on varsity established residency(cleared by the uil ),the other played jv because he didn’t have residency and yet here yall are on a crusade with your tiki torches and all .

3 hours ago, Who That said:

Let's see what these guy's haft to say about wy they came to Yates ... 🤔👀

Did you do that for the guys who helped a team win state twice a couple of years ago.... oh i forgot its a difference ... hmmm

5 hours ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

They would not have been close to the playoffs.  Good thing they got the next Doc Rivers to coach them up.

Wow you're really mad huh, must be parent whose kid got cut ,or those move ins beat your team. Your too concerned for the average fan, I get it you want to uphold the integrity of the game right ,lol,yea ok. Serious question if those 6’8 kids were available to the school you cheer for would you object to them playing ?

4 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Wow you're really mad huh, must be parent whose kid got cut ,or those move ins beat your team. Your too concerned for the average fan, I get it you want to uphold the integrity of the game right ,lol,yea ok. Serious question if those 6’8 kids were available to the school you cheer for would you object to them playing ?

Believe it or not, there are some people who want just that.   And then there are plenty who, for strictly personal reasons, do not.

1 minute ago, stevenash said:

Believe it or not, there are some people who want just that.   And then there are plenty who, for strictly personal reasons, do not.

I hear you stevenash but you didnt answer the question, Would you be opposed to those 6’8 kids or would you say oh no they cant play because it isn't right and I care too much about the other team we’re going to face ?

22 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Lol you guys are really salty huh. Both those kids on varsity established residency(cleared by the uil ),the other played jv because he didn’t have residency and yet here yall are on a crusade with your tiki torches and all .

You didn’t answer my question, does Fannett make the playoffs this year without those 2 kids?? Because those kids weren’t there the year before.

5 minutes ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

You didn’t answer my question, does Fannett make the playoffs this year without those 2 kids?? Because those kids weren’t there the year before.

But your beating a dead horse they established residency so your point is invalid 

12 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I hear you stevenash but you didnt answer the question, Would you be opposed to those 6’8 kids or would you say oh no they cant play because it isn't right and I care too much about the other team we’re going to face ?

Never opposed to having a good player but within the rules/guidelines and the INTENT of the rules/guidelines.  Speaking of rules and guidelines, ( I have already asked you this before but you elected not to answer) do you think that if this message board has a rule of one identity per person, that it is ok for a guy to  have several identities, particularly to promote himself?  

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Never opposed to having a good player but within the rules/guidelines and the INTENT of the rules/guidelines.  Speaking of rules and guidelines, ( I have already asked you this before but you elected not to answer) do you think that if this message board has a rule of one identity per person, that it is ok for a guy to  have several identities, particularly to promote himself?  

Not sure what i would be promoting but I only use this one name been using it forever, AAW can attest to that. So if your thinking im someone else your dead wrong . Sorry!!!

31 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I have already asked you this before but you elected not to answer) do you think that if this message board has a rule of one identity per person, that it is ok for a guy to  have several identities, particularly to promote himself?

12 minutes ago, stevenash said:

What makes you think I was referring to you.  Perhaps a guilty conscience?

you just don’t quit do you,  a guilty conscience cmon man its  not that serious. 

5 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Mamba, individuals on this thread are avoiding your question because they don’t want to acknowledge you might be correct. This is my personal opinion.  

They still think it’s the good ol days they prefer it to be that way you hear it in their undertones !!!!!

8 minutes ago, Mamba said:

you just don’t quit do you,  a guilty conscience cmon man its  not that serious. 

All I asked is why do you think I was referring to you.  You were not implicated in the question.  An you are right, I rarely quit.  It's very inexpensive entertainment.

40 minutes ago, stevenash said:

All I asked is why do you think I was referring to you.  You were not implicated in the question.  An you are right, I rarely quit.  It's very inexpensive entertainment.

I’m mean indirectly yes because I’m the only person you keep asking that particular question but sorry to disappoint I can’t help you on that one. I’m sure AAW knows you should ask him!!

17 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I’m mean indirectly yes because I’m the only person you keep asking that particular question but sorry to disappoint I can’t help you on that one. I’m sure AAW knows you should ask him!!

After trying to insult people about their inability to understand, it’s kind of ironic how badly you’re understanding Steve’s question.  

9 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

It means that their LEGAL GUARDIAN has a permanent address (receive mail/bills, sleep most nights).  Easily proven or disproven.

It’s ignorant to just think a kid can move in with a friend/cousin and start playing varsity athletics.  Also.. signing over legal guardianship is only accomplished through the court system.

Sheesh.. I’ll admit that the UIL does plenty wrong but doing what’s implied in this thread is not just some easy “look the other way” type thing.

I know what it means to most law abiding people. Oldschool, I thought you knew the game. You seem so wise on other discussions in the football threads.  Anyway, how does the UIL treat "homeless" students who are no longer living with the legal guardian but still need an education? And does the UIL have the resources to investigate every "legal guardianship" across every metropolitan area throughout the entire year across the state of Texas?  Or do they treat it like the false claims made on Pell Grant applications every year are treated by the federal govt? You know all these players are not on the up and up. But like Miss Benita said on In Living Color, I ain't one to gossip, so you didn't hear that from me. 😉