Sat. Looks GOOD!

I will be at the 4th ANNUAL DCC SHOUTOUT on saturday. How far out you goin'  I see the 85+ degree water line is slowly creeping back in.  The big kings should be pushing in closer. There use to be a downed rig just barely sticking out of the water heading south west towards the claypiles from sabine. I don't know the gps numbers off hand but i've pulled some big ling and a couple 50+ pound kings off of it. One of them jerked a rod right of my buddy's hand. 

Its about that time of the year to start chasing the blackfins underneath the shrimpers. 

Forecast as of 10:10 am CDT on July 31, 2007

Synopsis For High Island To The Matagorda Ship Channel Out 60 

Nautical Miles Including Galveston And Matagorda Bays 

Synopsis For High Island To Matagorda Ship Channel Out 60 Nm

The pressure gradient across the Upper Texas coastal waters and bays will remain relatively flat resulting in a light onshore flow along with low seas. 

Forecast as of 10:10 am CDT on July 31, 2007

Waters From Freeport To The Matagorda Ship Channel Out 20 Nm- 

Waters From High Island To Freeport Out 20 Nm- 

Waters From Freeport To The Matagorda Ship Channel 20 Nm To 60 Nm- 

Waters From High Island To Freeport 20 To 60 Nm- 

This Afternoon

South winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet. 

Tonight

South winds 5 to 10 knots becoming southwest after midnight. Seas 2 feet or less. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms early in the evening. 

Wednesday

Variable winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. 

Wednesday Night

Southeast winds 5 to 10 knots becoming south after midnight. Seas 2 feet or less. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the late evening. 

Thursday

South winds around 5 knots becoming southeast in the afternoon. Seas around 2 feet. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. 

Thursday Night

Southeast winds 5 to 10 knots becoming south after midnight. Seas around 2 feet. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. 

Friday

Southeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas around 2 feet. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. 

Friday Night

South winds 5 to 10 knots becoming southwest after midnight. Seas around 2 feet. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. 

Saturday

South winds around 5 knots. Seas around 2 feet. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning. 

Saturday Night

South winds 5 to 10 knots becoming southwest after midnight. Seas around 2 feet. 

One of my buddy's went out last weekend from GYB, and said the water was still "trout green to the sand" 45 miles out.  This runoff still has stuff messed up as far as clarity.  They caught some nice snaps 20-25", and a limit of ling. Found a weedline 35 miles out holding big schools of ballyhoo and hardtails but no pelagics.  Sounds like a good spot to find a sailfish hanging out if those ballyhoo are still there.  I'd take a cast net or something to try and catch em live, i don't know how effective the sabinki's are on them.  Live ballyhoo freelined 50 miles out........no telling what you will come up with. May catch a STAR tourny winnig fish............Good luck to ya'll.

Tight Lines and Following Seas,

Forecast as of 4:13 am CDT on August 1, 2007

The pressure gradient across the Upper Texas coastal waters and bays will remain weak resulting in a light onshore flow along with low seas. Mariners are urged to closely monitor possible tropical development across the northern Gulf of Mexico over the next several days.   

yep, that the same system i was talking about. It is right on the edge of the frontal boundry and they worry it might skirt towards us.  Path of least resistance. It had monor rotation last night. I don't think it would be more than a tropical depression but heck we don't even need that right now with the saturation around.

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico...

The area of low pressure associated with a tropical wave located

just east of the Windward Islands has become a little better

organized this morning.  An Air Force reconnaissance aircraft is

scheduled to investigate this area this afternoon.  While

environmental conditions do not appear especially favorable for

development...there is still some potential for this system to

become a tropical depression during the next day or two as it moves

westward near 15 to 20 mph.  Regardless of whether development

occurs...this system will likely bring squalls to the Windward

Islands during the next day or so.

The large area of cloudiness between Bermuda and Nova Scotia is

associated with an extratropical low.  Formation into a tropical or

subtropical cyclone is not expected.

A large area of cloudiness and showers has developed over the

northeastern Gulf of Mexico in association with an old frontal

zone.  Some slow development of this system is possible during the

next day or two as it remains nearly stationary. Elsewhere...tropical cyclone formation is not expected during the

next 48 hours.

$$

Forecaster Rhome/Beven

Forecast as of 9:46 am CDT on August 2, 2007

A weak trough of low pressure will bring showers and thunderstorms across the coastal waters today. The trough is expected to push slowly southward Friday with high pressure slowly building across the northern Gulf over the weekend. 

Forecast as of 9:46 am CDT on August 2, 2007

Waters From Freeport To The Matagorda Ship Channel Out 20 Nm- 

Waters From High Island To Freeport Out 20 Nm- 

Waters From Freeport To The Matagorda Ship Channel 20 Nm To 60 Nm- 

Waters From High Island To Freeport 20 To 60 Nm- 

Today

Variable winds 5 to 10 knots becoming southeast in the afternoon. Seas 2 feet or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. 

Tonight And Friday

Variable winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. 

Friday Night

Southeast winds 5 to 10 knots becoming south after midnight. Seas 2 feet or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. 

Saturday

South winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. 

Saturday Night And Sunday

South winds around 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. 

Sunday Night And Monday

South winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. A slight chance of overnight and morning showers and thunderstorms. 

Monday Night

South winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. 

funny how we have all this technology and still can-not predict the weather from day to day accurately.  Just goes to show that God is the only one directing the wind and waves.

We'll for one thing the NWS is bad at forecasting, especially marine stuff.

I know I have checked history on a Bouy on Bouyweater where it read 1.5 wave height when I was actually there and it was more a 3' ave. heres todays offshore of Sabine. Nice... Pretty cool to watch wave hts when a hurracane is approaching. http://buoyweather.com/wxnav6.jsp?region=GC&program=nww3BW1&grb=wna&latitude=29.5&longitude=-93.75&zone=-5&units=e

yep....the last trip i made out of POC going out to the east breaks and falcon buoy weather was showing 2-4ft seas subsiding to 2ft and it was 8ft ground rollers when we got to falcon and didn't do anything but aquire a surface chop.  needless to say we booked it back in at daybreak.  The Pen Internaional never came out of the cover.......

We'll for one thing the NWS is bad at forecasting, especially marine stuff.

tell me about it.  The same thing has happened to me too.  I'd be out there, getting the snot beat out of me, but the weather bouy was reporting 1 ft. seas every 8 second.  If I could have found it and it wasn't against the law, I woulda destroyed that thing!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont