**JASON HENRY GOING TO HD**...IT'S OFFICAL!!!!!!!

I hate to shoot your theory down Mr Reality but the ends of the floor has nothing to do with the officials.HD does normally get the benefits of the call at home,but probably not anymore than anyone else.

in my thoughts end of the court do matter if you have a ref under the basket that calls more than the other the calls will swich at half

h.d. plays 7 on the court at home. spurger had them beat last year at h.d. till hd put 7 in the game if you no what i mean.

HD used the Cleveland chapter of officials(do not know if they will this year).  Cleveland officials do a good job of keeping the games under control.  I have seen them talk to a coach  and explain what is going on when other chapters will not.  I feel that they call a good game.  The problem is consistancy between chapters.  One chapter will let you street ball and others will not.  Cleveland handles some tough games in the area.  And they keep it under control.  They are a small chapter and are pretty selective who comes in and represents them. And, they have a few that are not as good as others. And HD has lost at home so your rule of seven is not true. 

As a coach, I appreciate the fact that they make you play basketball and not streetball.  I have seen the rule of seven go against HD at home and away.  The question is can your team adjust to the style of officiating or will they whine?  We had several coaches ask for info on the chapter.  So they can not be that bad.

My point on the ends of the court is officials change positions through out the game.You don't have officials locked in to lead and trail positions for an entire half thus killing the argument that one team gets calls one half and the other team the next half.I have watched a lot of games in HD and I think they tend to let the kids play a little rougher over there than the officials in the Beaumont chapter,not saying it's wrong , you just gotta adjust.

My point on the ends of the court is officials change positions through out the game.You don't have officials locked in to lead and trail positions for an entire half thus killing the argument that one team gets calls one half and the other team the next half.I have watched a lot of games in HD and I think they tend to let the kids play a little rougher over there than the officials in the Beaumont chapter,not saying it's wrong , you just gotta adjust.

In the game in question spurger at HD, they were locked in.  I have to disagree with you on the rough play.  I have the impression that Beaumont allows the rougher style of ball.  I have seen more kids cut under going that direction than out of the Cleveland and Huntsville chapters.  I was at the BC tourney two years ago(this example still stands out in my mind), I do not remember the kid from EC who drove the lane and was rebounding his missed shot.  He was in the air and cut from under, rolled over the defenders back and then hit the ground and there was no call.  Kid could have been seriously hurt.  We played in Buna this year and our kid was fouled, no call.  The HD player was hit and his direction was changed in mid air, no call.  I would not bring that incident up, but people I knew from Buna were apologizing for the poor officiating. 

Now It happens in all chapters and everbody has a story.  All I want is consistency.  This only benefits the game.

If the officials were locked in thats a training issue.When a foul is called underneath and the official comes out to report the trail official normally goes underneath thus swapping the lead and trail positions.Not sure what constitutes a foul when a kid is undercut,sometimes the player driving iniates the contact.I know I saw one under cut this year at Kountzes Summer Leauge and the official said it looked worse than it was  ??? ??? ???.It looked like the kids haed was the first thing that hit the floor.This is probably a topic for another thread.HD has always been a rough place to play,I do agree though it doesn't matter as long as it's consistant.We have had some really good games there over the years.

Information for Bleacher Bum

2007' Spurger's 13-14 year old boys went undefeated in the Regional Tournament with one win w/Evadale & 2 wins w/Hardin. They went undefeated in the National Tournament until the Championship game.  They beat Slocum, Normangee, and Quitman.  Cayuga which had lost their 2nd game in the tournament had the better game in the Championship game and Spurger came away with Runner-up.  The boys also had played the following teams to get ready for these tournament and came away with wins in all games ( Beaumont twice, Hampshire-Fannett, Bridge City, and Twin County). 

2006' This group of boys had placed first in the Regional Tournament in Hull-Daisetta with a win with Hull, Evadale, & Hardin. 

In school ball they went undefeated as 7th graders and the following year undefeated as 8th graders.  And 1st place in all 4 tournaments in their Jr. High years.  5 of these boys will be freshmen this year Shain Rawls, Chase McGallion, George Whittaker, Forrest Anderson, Tanner Hollier

2007' Spurger's 13-14 year old boys went undefeated in the Regional Tournament with one win w/Evadale & 2 wins w/Hardin. They went undefeated in the National Tournament until the Championship game.  They beat Slocum, Normangee, and Quitman.  Cayuga which had lost their 2nd game in the tournament had the better game in the Championship game and Spurger came away with Runner-up.  The boys also had played the following teams to get ready for these tournament and came away with wins in all games ( Beaumont twice, Hampshire-Fannett, Bridge City, and Twin County). 

2006' This group of boys had placed first in the Regional Tournament in Hull-Daisetta with a win with Hull, Evadale, & Hardin. 

In school ball they went undefeated as 7th graders and the following year undefeated as 8th graders.  And 1st place in all 4 tournaments in their Jr. High years.  5 of these boys will be freshmen this year Shain Rawls, Chase McGallion, George Whittaker, Forrest Anderson, Tanner Hollier

Wow, that's impressive. Alot of the kids that were with HD on the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP team, have moved away.  I knew Spurger had some good young talent.  And in my opinion, a really good coach, in Jerry Stappert.

Good luck Spurger.

Spurger will be well coached  and Phillip Whittaker will be a force inside.If some of the returning outside guys step up they will be a playoff team.Even with the best of freshmen if you depend on them to start at the varsity level your usually in for a long year.They will also miss the big Sheffield kid who played the post.I think it will be a battle between them and HD for second.Big Sandy wins this district in my opinion.

i geuss the spurger game in hd stands out in my mind is why i thought the officals were always locked in, is the an isolated insadent?

As a former basketball official, I notice things like this all the time.  Officials should change on most calls, when practical.  When they don't, its just not proffesional.  I know that most of them know that they are supposed to change.  Alot of times, its just plain lazy when they don't.  (NOT ALL THE TIME THOUGH).

• 2 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124