BC Football schedule

Is it just me or are we(BC) playing a week non distict and preseason schedule. I mean we got 2A Anahuac, and LCM, then liberty, lumberton, and kelly..........Lcm is the toughest we could come up with????? Geez whatever happened to playing UP.........This is almost ridiculous.....................I am sure WOS fans have a comment about this.................Let me have it............Go ahead..................

Guest GoStangs

I was pretty surprised... I imagine the team will gain some confidence by putting up big stats against those teams, but to me, there's too much of a risk by playing weak teams. Like you mentioned, your team isn't being tested, so you don't really get a good picture of your strengths/weaknesses. Physically and mentally, the team won't be challenged, so, while other teams are forced to focus and play smart, your team can slack off and still gain wins -- that could lead to some bad habits down the road. Also, you're risking a tremendous confidence destroyer if you happen to lose to a team everyone thinks you should beat. My thought is I'd rather see my team play hard against a good team, take their lumps, and learn game lessons rather than walk over a weak team and gain nothing from the victory.

Hey I am with you on this one......I have never been a big fan of playing down instead of up........It definitly does not prepare you for district, and this being a harder one that it has been in the past surely doesnt bode well. I am not sure what they were thinking, but odds are they weren't. Well I guess we will see how it unfolds later..........stay tuned.................maybe

Really I was not aware that the districts got changed up with the new alignment...........Look pal I or anyone else has the right to voice their opinion. If I think the BC schedule is soft then thats what I think. If you actually think that it is not, then thats on you. But do not come here telling me that I can not criticize or voice my opinion on the matter. and Hooty hoo for you playing a non district game in week 10.

Ok look I don't care how good liberty is or isnt......I am saying you need to be playing 4A and 5A schools, not 2A and 3A schools. Run with the big dogs.......Lets see what we are made of, who cares if you get slaughtered its NON DISTRICT...................if you go 0-4 and win district does it really matter ........NO.

That's one thing Coach Hooks says will be done EVERY year at WOS is a tough Non District schedule. It makes you a better team in the long run. Proof is in the pudding. I can understand what AHUDDELSTON is saying though! Sometimes it's hard finding games especially if you wait to long to start finding them.

ALL I was saying is that is better for a team to play up more than down...........Is it that hard to agree with. I did not say anything about his head on a platter, or anything like that. And ballcoach you do not know anything about me and how I would react so just zip it.

Well, 75, with regard to BC's schedule, a few things need to be remembered:

1. 3 of BC's previous pre-district opponents, Jasper, Kirbyville and Silsbee, schools which gave BC a pretty good degree of difficulty on their schedule, are now district opponents and are no longer options for pre-district opponents;

2. Another, LC-M, lost a pre-district game due to 21-4a going to a 8-team district. Also, LC-M is now trying to ramp up its schedule, going from 3 3A opponents on it schedule to 1 (although I think BC would have prepared LC-M better for district than Kashmere);

3. Liberty looks to have been a perennial pre-district opponent;

4. If you are going to play a private school, Kelly is the one that would test you the most.

Tarver may not have had a whole bunch of other options.

I hear ya, and once again I am not slamming tarver, I was just commenting on how a tougher non district schedule would and should make you better prepared for a tough district. I do not know his options, i was not there. All I know is that if it were possible to play up then that would be my choice. I am not sure of his philosophy on that this year. If you WOS would have played kelly,anahuac, east chambers, and say liberty, would you think that is preparing you for district. Probably not.....

Oh, absolutely. I agree with playing a high level of talent in pre-district.

A question, if you know, 75. Was Tarver working on next year's schedule during that period of time where he didn't know if he was going to be removed? Because my understanding is to get the opponents that you really want, you have to get on the stick pretty early. If he didn't, that may explain some of the less than savory opponents on the schedule.

That is true, I do not know the answer to that one. I mean I am with ya on working on it early. Not sure what he had planned. Some teams might not have wanted to play BC, not because we are tough but maybe they wanted to play up as well,,,,,,,,who knows. I was just disappointed with the selections made that was all, I am just a fan of playing good teams.......makes you better.......once again my opinion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder