Big league to play in State Tourney

The big league allstars recently won the section against long time foe...Tomball. Anchored by two great pitching performances by Josiah Svoboda and Dakota Balfanz( who was 4 for 5 with three doubles in the championship game), the allstars look ahead to state with high hopes. Cameron Alexander and Matt Serna each had homeruns in the best of three series.

Roster consists of:

Dakota Balfanz

Josiah Svoboda

Mark Serna

Matt Serna

Ryan Brady

Matt Parker

Scott Gabel

Charles Schwarzlose

Cameron Alexander

Kevin Roebuck

Brian Rose

Robert Rose

Stephan Tubbs

Hunter Davidson

Aaron Bender

This is just like little league allstars, junior league, or senior league allstars. Big league is 17-18 year old kids that are from district 12. There is a big league world series just like there is a little league world series except it is held in South Carolina.

Two new additions to the team are Tim ferguson of Ole Miss and Jimmy Johnson of Ozen. This team has shaped up to be pretty good and looks to go as deep as possible in there run for the world series.

When they get thru with the 'Little League' tourn someone should take this team and play in Mike Rutledges Fall league in Houston. The only rule is any player can not play football. They play at Bayland Park in Houston and is probally one of the best showcaes teams in Texas with max exposure. When we played there, after the fall season he will pick a All-Star team to travel with. Will say all the boys that made his cut went on to play at college and at least 1/2 went on to play pro ball. Mike used to keep a spot open for a Golden Tri team but you had better have the best in the area to even compete.

This is no joke. If these boys win state, they head off to Arkansas, and from there they go to South Carolina to compete in the world series against teams from other regoins of the U.S. and many different countries including China, South Korea,Mexico, and many more.

YEAH SO THESE KIDS HAVE BEEN PLAYING MID COUNTY ABE RUTH AND 'BEAUMONT SENIOR BIG LEAGUE' AT THE SAME TIME?

Wow, you are smart aren't you. It's Big league, not senior, and these kids didn't exactly sign their life over to Babe Ruth when they signed up. Unlike you, some of us can do more than one thing at a time.

Wow, you are smart aren't you. It's Big league, not senior, and these kids didn't exactly sign their life over to Babe Ruth when they signed up. Unlike you, some of us can do more than one thing at a time.

YEAH WELL WE ALL KNOW BC'S BETTER THAN WESTBROOK!!!!!! AND THE ONYL WESTBROOK PITCHER I FACED IN BABE RUTH I GOT A HIT OFF OF!!!!!

Wow, not so sure about that quote.

Typical quote from most WB fans, it just didnt start been that way long as I can remember and I'm 54, if you really don't think they are the best ever, just ask any of them, they will give you 101 reasons why they are. In 'Big League' unless they have changed the rule IF you win the coach can drop players and pick up new ones at every level BUT will they, and how far will they go if they dont. IMO "Little League" sanctioned teams at all levels have been getting less talent due to the 'spin-offs' in the bigger cities. Although loaded with local talent No way would this team get out of Houston if in Pony ball>>NO WAY and that is FACT. This post was in NO way ment to be disrespectfull of any of the >>>players. I truely hope the boys do win and are able to continue. I have known K Roebuck (HJ)since 5 and can say he's one of the most dedicated, focused player I know. Where are the players from or is it a Bmt W/E team with a few others?? 

Guest Orangeboy

we all know that BC has NO talent at all, that's why if WB played BC it would be a definate blowout.

I'm guessing The Chicken Club or DARE programs forgot to come to this young man's school.

WB fans think they are better because they are 5A.  Wasnt to long ago they were the whipping boys of that district.  Just because you have more players to choose from doesnt make you better than other teams. I must say though they are building a very strong program over there.  If only they were allowed to raise more money to get the quality facilities they deserve.  I applaud coach walton for continuing to build a fine program.

643, please give me some Pony player names. You obviuosly believe that Pony League has a lot better talent than BMT Big League.

Hail man, you and the others need to take your blinders off, and surely you know what blinders are, they are to keep a Donkey looking str8 ahead. Its fairly simple, since you ARE the best in the area and looking to go on, I was refering to your compt level or your opponants. You mite take a LL affilated team to Houston and get by BUT you will never get by Houston in Pony>>no way. Most of the teams you will face for a start is teams who ONLY have no other options but LL, Silsbee, Tyler Co, Buna, Kirbyville so its kind of a shoe in for you. You and others have talked against 'playing down' but what is it when you look at the above teams that play LL. You mite ?? have a cpl of boys that could make the cut on a Mike Rutledge type Houston Pony team. I'm not saying LL is inferior but the majority of the better players do not play LL. When I refer to 'Pony' I'm speaking of the organization not the 13-14 age group. LL is good for kids 8 and under after that go play PONY or BABE RUTH

big league is for 17 and 18, not 13 and 14. 643 What is it that you hate about WB so much?

I know the ages of Big League and have for 30 yrs the very reason it was created was that PONY ball had a place for kids to play after 15 y/o but not LL. If you will look back at the post concerning WB I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to see>arrogance< plain and simple.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nilefa
    Newest Member
    nilefa